HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Best Fighter On The Oilers

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2004, 12:27 PM
tommy koma

vCash: 500
Best Fighter On The Oilers

Who do you think is the best fighter on the oilers??? i think raffi Torres is the best just because when he fights he puts 100% into it and puches his heart out

Old
01-15-2004, 12:29 PM
PineJockey

I haven't seen enough of Torres. But even if I had seen every single one of his fights there is only one choce. Laraque hands down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy koma
Who do you think is the best fighter on the oilers??? i think raffi Torres is the best just because when he fights he puts 100% into it and puches his heart out

Old
01-15-2004, 12:32 PM
jadeddog

BG without any doubt whatsoever ..... he's considered by most people to be the best fighter in the entire league, let alone the oilers

Old
01-15-2004, 12:34 PM
PineJockey

Check out this site and listen to BG's tilt vs Rob Ray. Truly a beautiful call by HOF member Rod Phillips. The one of Kevin Sawyer is another great call "a beating of monumental proportions"

http://www.laraque27.com/audio.html

Last edited by PineJockey: 01-15-2004 at 12:44 PM.
Old
01-15-2004, 01:19 PM
Marconius

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineJockey
Check out this site and listen to BG's tilt vs Rob Ray. Truly a beautiful call by HOF member Rod Phillips. The one of Kevin Sawyer is another great call "a beating of monumental proportions"

http://www.laraque27.com/audio.html
The best fighter by reputation perhaps, but definitely not in practice. Last time I checked to truly be a great fighter you needed to
1. Fight...period
2. Fight with good timing
3. Fight in more then just scripted bouts

as far as I'm concerned, Laraque has not done any of these in a looooong time

Old
01-15-2004, 01:24 PM
tommy koma

Well you see...our little buddy laraque, seems to have forgotten how to fight...the guy is afraid to het punched in the face and therefor he is always ducking when someone tried to punch him......and before you start to say most ppl wouldnt want to get hit think about the best fighters in the nhl's history...tim hunter, dave semenko, tie domi, scott stevens...when was the last time you saw those guys back down or duck away from a punch?? i mean laraque used to be the man but he has stepped down and now its time for a new enforcer to rise up and take the responsibility into his own hands...

Old
01-15-2004, 01:49 PM
metallicat

I don't think Laraque has ever backed down from a fight...now sure where you are getting that from. I think the problem is that hardly anyone else wants to fight him.

Old
01-15-2004, 01:56 PM
Digger12

Put it this way...if Torres and Laraque ever fought each other, the only way Raffi wins is if he has a baseball bat, a can of mace, and a 5 minute head start.

Seriously, I like Raffi and all, but Georges would wear his ass for a hat.

Old
01-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

Torres is a tough, physical player but far from our best fighter. He's certainly not in the same league as Big Georges (who is) and behind Jason Smith and possibly Ethan Moreau. Watch out for Semenov if and when he realizes the positive effect a few scraps will have on his game. I watched Chara tune in Hal Gill several weeks back and Semi can grow into a similar impact player.

Old
01-15-2004, 05:02 PM
SerbianEagle

Laraque is no question. That he doesn't fight is another matter.

I just want to see him beat the krap out of that thing down in toronto by the name of domi.

Old
01-15-2004, 05:49 PM
Hydroponic Harold

I wanna see Georges kick the monkey crap outta Brashear but Brash runs away from BG faster than an anerexic chick from a birthday cake .

Old
01-15-2004, 06:06 PM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroponic Harold
I wanna see Georges kick the monkey crap outta Brashear but Brash runs away from BG faster than an anerexic chick from a birthday cake .
Well, I'm going to ask what I thought this thread would be about when I clicked on it. If we dealt BG, who would be our fighter?

Old
01-15-2004, 06:57 PM
Hydroponic Harold

Ime sure it wouldnt be that hard to replace the fighter ..i mean the Canucks just picked up Brookbank for nothing ..i think what maybe worries the Oil is if he is traded and then turns into a monster who maybe scores 10 to 15 a year .But he isnt showing any indication of doing that in Oil Town any time soon .

Old
01-15-2004, 07:43 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
Well, I'm going to ask what I thought this thread would be about when I clicked on it. If we dealt BG, who would be our fighter?
Rocky. Rocky. Rocky.

Old
01-15-2004, 07:58 PM
Game 8

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behind Enemy Lines
Rocky. Rocky. Rocky.
Rocky is a caracter, but...................

Old
01-15-2004, 08:02 PM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game 8
Rocky is a caracter, but...................
K, lets put it this way... who currently playing for the Oilers would be our top fighter....

Old
01-15-2004, 08:13 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

I was kinda goofin' with Rocky. However that said, the rock would offer an inexpensive tough guy with strong work ethic, character, and positive attitude. He has played forward for a couple of years and could easily serve press box duty until required for physical games. Rocky is also a willing thrower...

Regarding the Oiler toughness, imo it falls off quite dramatically without Big Georges. The guy drives me nuts with his inconsistent play and laid back personality but he is the reigning heavyweight champ.

Closed Thread