Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Mississauga Steelheads 2013-14 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2013, 02:00 PM
superspitfan99

vCash: 500
Spitfire section shows that Diodati has been traded to Windsor.

Old
10-01-2013, 02:04 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelheads101 View Post
Spitfire section shows that Diodati has been traded to Windsor.
Rychel would have given you a higher pick but he doesn't have any.

This is Rychel giving away draft picks.

Old
10-01-2013, 02:06 PM
defensehockey19

I don't understand why Missy would trade away Diodati?

Old
10-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
I don't understand why Missy would trade away Diodati?
8 d-men on roster, let the young guys play. Didn't get much for him, he has been playing well.

Old
10-01-2013, 03:16 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
8 d-men on roster, let the young guys play. Didn't get much for him, he has been playing well.
They bring in big additions in Walsh and Cianfrone and now there subtracting? Makes no sense too me.

Old
10-01-2013, 04:13 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
They bring in big additions in Walsh and Cianfrone and now there subtracting? Makes no sense too me.
Mississauga is setting up for next year. Keeping Diodati is taking ice away from the kids like DiTomaso, Walsh, Zottl etc and these guys need the time to develop. Let the kids play. Also free's up an OA spot, if they need to acquire anyone at the deadline.

Old
10-01-2013, 04:22 PM
OHLTG

Rayzor, it's not as if we gave up a 2nd or 3rd this year for the kid. A 6th down the road can be easily reacquired.

Old
10-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Duke Guy

6 game suspension for Burnside.

Old
10-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Breakwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Guy View Post
6 game suspension for Burnside.
Video of the incident:

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/v...9409ccc4871bf0

Old
10-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakwood View Post
He could have got more games. Bad hit.

Old
10-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Steel Toe

Burnside

Who will replace Burnside now on the first line winger?
6 games is a long time, and it gives someone the opportunity to step in and step up.

Old
10-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Crottenham

Piece on why Cianfrone and Walsh decided to go CHL with the Steelheads....first time I've ever heard the USHL referred to as Tier 2. Who knew?!?

http://www.mississauga.com/sports-st...lege-recruits/

Old
10-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Toe View Post
Who will replace Burnside now on the first line winger?
6 games is a long time, and it gives someone the opportunity to step in and step up.
Barwell played in his place on Sunday. He has looked very good so far.

Old
10-05-2013, 07:49 AM
Steel Toe

Good Start.

I want to say congrats on the victory vs Barrie, it was not there best game out there but happy with the effort . We r a very young team and I'm looking forward to this teams progression moving forward this year , and next season will be even brighter . Barwell looks really good out , plays with such confidence .
Actually all the rookies looked good out there, obviously rookie mistakes will happen but happy with what I see so far. Day is a great player and a future all-star ! Martin played well and looked solid out there. Btw, not a bad start for a team that is projected to finish dead last by many hockey people.

Old
10-05-2013, 10:29 AM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Toe View Post
I want to say congrats on the victory vs Barrie, it was not there best game out there but happy with the effort . We r a very young team and I'm looking forward to this teams progression moving forward this year , and next season will be even brighter . Barwell looks really good out , plays with such confidence .
Actually all the rookies looked good out there, obviously rookie mistakes will happen but happy with what I see so far. Day is a great player and a future all-star ! Martin played well and looked solid out there. Btw, not a bad start for a team that is projected to finish dead last by many hockey people.
3 rookies on the ice together in overtime last night. Barwell looked good last night. Great pick by the Steelheads. He shoots the puck extremely well, skates well, has hands. Sean Day played a pretty safe game last night, a good game. It would have been sweet if he scored on that OT breakaway. I noticed how hard he passes the puck, borderline NHL speed. I liked his timing on his pinches.

Old
10-06-2013, 02:16 PM
NHL Fanatic

It will be interesting to see how Rasulov fits into the lineup once he gets his VISA. Although there has been much criticism on James Boyd for failing to trade Cord, Brace, Percy and Demelo. He redeemed himself acquiring the young talent and drawing Cianfrone and Walsh away from Michigan. The team is moving in the right direction but next season this team should be set up for success.

Last edited by NHL Fanatic: 10-06-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old
10-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Breakwood

That was a horrendous display against a North Bay team coming off a big loss in Erie followed by an overnight bus trip.

There seemed to be no urgency in the third when they went down 3-1. Martin didn't have his best game in goal either, 2 really weak goals against.

That is definitely a forget about it game. Just need to move on and forget it happened.

What more can you say about Trevor Carrick though?

Old
10-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
3 rookies on the ice together in overtime last night. Barwell looked good last night. Great pick by the Steelheads. He shoots the puck extremely well, skates well, has hands. Sean Day played a pretty safe game last night, a good game. It would have been sweet if he scored on that OT breakaway. I noticed how hard he passes the puck, borderline NHL speed. I liked his timing on his pinches.
Haven't heard from you lately. I love what Boyd is doing with this team. He gives the rookies all the chances to play in all situations. Could easily leave Smosky, Cianfrone + Carrick out all the time but doesn't. Barwell has been great, don't know what to do when Burnside comes back.

Old
10-07-2013, 11:59 AM
ProspectHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakwood View Post
That was a horrendous display against a North Bay team coming off a big loss in Erie followed by an overnight bus trip.

There seemed to be no urgency in the third when they went down 3-1. Martin didn't have his best game in goal either, 2 really weak goals against.

That is definitely a forget about it game. Just need to move on and forget it happened.

What more can you say about Trevor Carrick though?
I totally agree with the lack of urgency comment. NB at the end of a very tough road schedule and Mississauga came out totally flat. Missed out on a huge opportunity. There was no jump and certainly no jam. I was really surprised by the lack of physical play. Especially when it was clear that the team was flat. Nobody stepped up as the energy guy. Thought someone on the team would have taken the initiative to go out and bang some bodies in the second, drop the gloves, something to bring some life to the team. Maybe the team doesn't have one of those guys. Maybe the coaching staff needs to have a sit down with some of the boys and help explain roles. Not saying it would have made a difference but that no one stepped up and tried to get something going was pretty shocking.

Old
10-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectHunter View Post
I totally agree with the lack of urgency comment. NB at the end of a very tough road schedule and Mississauga came out totally flat. Missed out on a huge opportunity. There was no jump and certainly no jam. I was really surprised by the lack of physical play. Especially when it was clear that the team was flat. Nobody stepped up as the energy guy. Thought someone on the team would have taken the initiative to go out and bang some bodies in the second, drop the gloves, something to bring some life to the team. Maybe the team doesn't have one of those guys. Maybe the coaching staff needs to have a sit down with some of the boys and help explain roles. Not saying it would have made a difference but that no one stepped up and tried to get something going was pretty shocking.
How is Bourne looking these days?

Old
10-07-2013, 12:33 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Haven't heard from you lately. I love what Boyd is doing with this team. He gives the rookies all the chances to play in all situations. Could easily leave Smosky, Cianfrone + Carrick out all the time but doesn't. Barwell has been great, don't know what to do when Burnside comes back.
It's the nature of the game. If they continue rolling you have to leave Barwell on the first line. Burnside is one of their better defensive forwards he could compliment any line.

Old
10-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
How is Bourne looking these days?
Not great.

Old
10-07-2013, 10:15 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Hey buddy, I like what Boyd is doing too. Barwell I dont think is going anywhere, he has shown some nice play so far. I think he is ready.

Quote:
Not great.
Agreed, developing slower than anticipated. Might see a different player when he fills out in the next year or 2? Lots of potential, inconsistent compete level.

Old
10-08-2013, 09:20 PM
ProspectHunter

Just watched the Steelheads Ottawa game. Is it just me or does the officiating in the OHL need a major upgrade? It's not just been this game, every game I've seen, Steelheads and others have been filled with really iffy calls.

That said, the Steelheads keep taking silly penalties and terribly timed penalties. Boyd is going to have to do something about the lack of discipline or this is going to be an even longer year.

Noticing that the Cianfrone line loses a ton of face offs in the offensive zone, not sure what that is all about but it's an obvious weakness.

Glad to see the new Russian player is on the ice, I look forward to seeing more of him, has some size and looks like he can skate.

Old
10-12-2013, 11:25 PM
Steel Toe

Martin was solid !

The Steelheads have the best chance in the win column when Martin is on his game. The team tonight played better in front of him as well, they blocked many shots for him and it was a good team defensive win tonight . Also it was Nice to see Day pick up his first OHL goal .

Closed Thread