HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2014 - Canada Roster Discussion (Part VII)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-29-2013, 10:10 PM
  #451
habsrule4eva3089
Registered User
 
habsrule4eva3089's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,350
vCash: 500

habsrule4eva3089 is offline  
Old
09-29-2013, 11:28 PM
  #452
flaneur
Registered User
 
flaneur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule4eva3089 View Post
Heh. Evidently Mike Babcock was born in the wrong era...

flaneur is offline  
Old
10-01-2013, 02:43 PM
  #453
avsman
Registered User
 
avsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,615
vCash: 500
Hall-Crosby-Staal
Stamkos-Tavares-Giroux
Kane-Duchene-Bergeron
Couture-Toews-Nash

Richards-Getzlaf-Perry
Sharp-Staal-St. Louis
____________________

Keith-Weber
Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Hamhuis-Doughty
Staal-Letang

Vlasic-Subban
Alzner-Green
__________________

Luongo
Price
Crawford

avsman is offline  
Old
10-02-2013, 07:07 AM
  #454
True Hockey Fan
Registered User
 
True Hockey Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsman View Post
Hall-Crosby-Staal
Stamkos-Tavares-Giroux
Kane-Duchene-Bergeron
Couture-Toews-Nash

Richards-Getzlaf-Perry
Sharp-Staal-St. Louis
____________________

Keith-Weber
Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Hamhuis-Doughty
Staal-Letang

Vlasic-Subban
Alzner-Green
__________________

Luongo
Price
Crawford
Boy, I wish we could ice six lines...

True Hockey Fan is offline  
Old
10-02-2013, 11:10 AM
  #455
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsman View Post
Hall-Crosby-Staal
Stamkos-Tavares-Giroux
Kane-Duchene-Bergeron
Couture-Toews-Nash

Richards-Getzlaf-Perry
Sharp-Staal-St. Louis
____________________

Keith-Weber
Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Hamhuis-Doughty
Staal-Letang

Vlasic-Subban
Alzner-Green
__________________

Luongo
Price
Crawford
Yeah no agenda here at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Hockey Fan View Post
Boy, I wish we could ice six lines...
Why

MAK19 is offline  
Old
10-02-2013, 11:13 PM
  #456
a a ron
Tyler the franchise
 
a a ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Winterpeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 977
vCash: 500
Where are the fighters in the lineup? Could use John scott on the 4th line

a a ron is offline  
Old
10-03-2013, 04:18 AM
  #457
KPower
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,088
vCash: 500
Starting goalie

Jonathan Bernier

KPower is offline  
Old
10-03-2013, 04:47 AM
  #458
True Hockey Fan
Registered User
 
True Hockey Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osheaga View Post
Where are the fighters in the lineup? Could use John scott on the 4th line
Why ? Better put him next to Crosby, watch that magic!

True Hockey Fan is offline  
Old
10-04-2013, 05:29 AM
  #459
Mr Writer
Registered User
 
Mr Writer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,757
vCash: 500
Would it be worth considering Brent Burns on the 25 man roster, he can either fill in on D or on the wing, skates well, can score and is decent defensively...

The roster would shape as 12 Forwards 7 D-men and 3 goalies ....

and the 3 extra bodies would be (example) Hall, Duchene and Burns to fill out the 25 man roster.

The idea is Subban, Doughty and Letang are all essentially the same, especially Subban and Letang, so scratch Letang (who I have as the 8th. D-man anyway)in favor of Burns who adds a little different element to the mix.


good idea, anybody with any other suggestions?


Last edited by Mr Writer: 10-04-2013 at 05:57 AM.
Mr Writer is offline  
Old
10-04-2013, 02:09 PM
  #460
Leidi J
Registered User
 
Leidi J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Grd Rapids, Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 3,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
Would it be worth considering Brent Burns on the 25 man roster, he can either fill in on D or on the wing, skates well, can score and is decent defensively...

The roster would shape as 12 Forwards 7 D-men and 3 goalies ....

and the 3 extra bodies would be (example) Hall, Duchene and Burns to fill out the 25 man roster.

The idea is Subban, Doughty and Letang are all essentially the same, especially Subban and Letang, so scratch Letang (who I have as the 8th. D-man anyway)in favor of Burns who adds a little different element to the mix.


good idea, anybody with any other suggestions?
I suggested this a month or two back. Obviously, I think it would be an intriguing idea for hockey canada to consider. From May:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPAVLESKI View Post
I'd like to see Burns there actually. I've been reading this thread and people keep talking about how you want speed on the big ice while others argue you want some big guys that can hit and grind on the boards. Burns is both, really difficult to get the puck away from. Rocket from the point/on the PP. Plus you can stick him on Forward or Defense.

Even if he's just one of the 14th Forward or 8th Dman, you're killing two birds with one stone to have someone that versatile.

It will probably depend on how he does next year, whether the Sharks keep him up front as a forward or puts him back at D. But it's an interesting thought experiment as a wild card. Just something for the people picking to consider...

Leidi J is offline  
Old
10-05-2013, 03:32 AM
  #461
Mr Writer
Registered User
 
Mr Writer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigPAVELSKI View Post
I suggested this a month or two back. Obviously, I think it would be an intriguing idea for hockey canada to consider. From May:
I think it sounds like an intriguing idea... not that it matters too much, but was Burns even on the summer invite list to orientation camp? Didn't give much attention to summer ball hockey sessions.

Mr Writer is offline  
Old
10-05-2013, 04:02 AM
  #462
Leidi J
Registered User
 
Leidi J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Grd Rapids, Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 3,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
I think it sounds like an intriguing idea... not that it matters too much, but was Burns even on the summer invite list to orientation camp? Didn't give much attention to summer ball hockey sessions.
No he wasn't.

Leidi J is offline  
Old
10-05-2013, 04:10 AM
  #463
Mr Writer
Registered User
 
Mr Writer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigPAVELSKI View Post
No he wasn't.
Odd...but yet Travis Harmonic was... no offense to the kid and NY fans, but I'd place Burns a little higher up on the depth chart than TH.

Mr Writer is offline  
Old
10-05-2013, 08:24 AM
  #464
spfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 869
vCash: 500
Hall-Crosby-Nash
Stamkos-Tavares-St Louis
Kane-Toews-Perry
Benn-Bergeron-Seguin

Keith-Weber
Doughty-Pietrangelo
Girardi-Letang

Luongo
Crawford
Price

spfan is offline  
Old
10-05-2013, 09:22 AM
  #465
True Hockey Fan
Registered User
 
True Hockey Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Why
Because ..


Burns certainly has a shot. Next 20 games will tell.

True Hockey Fan is offline  
Old
10-05-2013, 10:12 AM
  #466
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,494
vCash: 500
**** it, only S names


St. Louis - Staal - Stamkos
Sharp - Spezza - Seguin
Schenn - Staal - Simmonds
Skinner - Stajan - Stewart
Sutter - Setoguchi

Staal - Subban
Schultz - Seabrook
Spurgeon - Schenn
Souray - Stuart

Smith
Scrivens

MAK19 is offline  
Old
10-05-2013, 12:36 PM
  #467
Mr Writer
Registered User
 
Mr Writer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
**** it, only S names


St. Louis - Staal - Stamkos
Sharp - Spezza - Seguin
Schenn - Staal - Simmonds
Skinner - Stajan - Stewart
Sutter - Setoguchi

Staal - Subban
Schultz - Seabrook
Spurgeon - Schenn
Souray - Stuart

Smith
Scrivens

HA!! Killin time til the game starts or for the pizza to show up?

Mr Writer is offline  
Old
10-05-2013, 02:49 PM
  #468
True Hockey Fan
Registered User
 
True Hockey Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfan View Post
Hall-Crosby-Nash
Stamkos-Tavares-St Louis
Kane-Toews-Perry
Benn-Bergeron-Seguin

Keith-Weber
Doughty-Pietrangelo
Girardi-Letang

Luongo
Crawford
Price

E. Kane and Benn are two interesting names... I wouldn't mind to see one of them on the final roster.

True Hockey Fan is offline  
Old
10-05-2013, 05:32 PM
  #469
spfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Hockey Fan View Post
E. Kane and Benn are two interesting names... I wouldn't mind to see one of them on the final roster.
Yes, I don't know why I don't see their names on here more.
Both have very well-rounded games and are natural LW rather than forcing more centers to play wing. E.Kane's speed alone makes him dangerous.

Seguin/Benn and Seguin/Bergeron will have chemistry too.

spfan is offline  
Old
10-06-2013, 03:53 AM
  #470
Mr Writer
Registered User
 
Mr Writer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfan View Post
Yes, I don't know why I don't see their names on here more.
Both have very well-rounded games and are natural LW rather than forcing more centers to play wing. E.Kane's speed alone makes him dangerous.

Seguin/Benn and Seguin/Bergeron will have chemistry too.
E. Kane while quick, an excellent skater, is a prototypical NHL North-South player. To play on international ice you not only have to be a good skater, but you have to be a smart player. E. Kane has never impressed me when I've seen him play internationally, at any tournament, always underwhelmed... and you can point to the 7 pts he had in 2012 at the WHC, but the majority of that came against Belarus and France. Maybe in 5 years with more experience and if he develops some hockey IQ his game will translate better on bigger ice, but he's got a long way to go. T. Hall is in the same boat.

According to the IIHF they have already predicted that it will be a Sweden Russian final (Sweden takes gold) Canada and Finland in the game for bronze. (Canada takes bronze)

So, we may as well forget about it, the IIHF knows best.


Last edited by Mr Writer: 10-06-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Mr Writer is offline  
Old
10-06-2013, 08:51 AM
  #471
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsman View Post
Hall-Crosby-Staal
Stamkos-Tavares-Giroux
Kane-Duchene-Bergeron
Couture-Toews-Nash

Richards-Getzlaf-Perry
Sharp-Staal-St. Louis
____________________

Keith-Weber
Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Hamhuis-Doughty
Staal-Letang

Vlasic-Subban
Alzner-Green
__________________

Luongo
Price
Crawford
Barring an unforeseen event, there is little to no chance that Toews centers the fourth line, behind Duchene.

pvr is offline  
Old
10-07-2013, 12:20 AM
  #472
scout97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 137
vCash: 500
Stamkos, crosby, St louis
Tavares, toews, giroux
Hall, getzlaf, perry
E.Staal, bergeron, nash

Kieth, webber
Doughty, letang
Bouwmeester, pietrangelo
Subban

Fleury, price, ward


Extras - richards, M.Staal, carter

scout97 is offline  
Old
10-07-2013, 01:45 AM
  #473
DyerMaker66
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,863
vCash: 500
I like it; I could live with that.

DyerMaker66 is offline  
Old
10-07-2013, 05:03 AM
  #474
jfc64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr View Post
Barring an unforeseen event, there is little to no chance that Toews centers the fourth line, behind Duchene.
Why? Matt's father beats Jonathan's every day of the week but Sunday.

jfc64 is offline  
Old
10-07-2013, 05:25 AM
  #475
jfc64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
**** it, only S names


St. Louis - Staal - Stamkos
Sharp - Spezza - Seguin
Schenn - Staal - Simmonds
Skinner - Stajan - Stewart
Sutter - Setoguchi

Staal - Subban
Schultz - Seabrook
Spurgeon - Schenn
Souray - Stuart

Smith
Scrivens
Sedin - Sedin - Setterberg
Silfverberg - Steen - Sibanejad
Stålberg - Söderberg - Samuelsson
Strömberg - Sjögren - Salmonsson
Sackrisson - Sundström

Ekman-Larsson - Edler
Ekholm - Enström
Erixon - Ericsson
Erixon - Elias

Lundqvist
Lindbäck
Läck

jfc64 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.