HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LMHF Game Report #22-Slightly abridged.

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2004, 07:35 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
LMHF Game Report #22-Slightly abridged.

Can't do a full game report tonight do to other pressing matters, but will do my best.

A very well played game tonight spare about 5-8 minutes where the Ducks had control. The one thing we needed to do more, and that would've cost us a victory against a better team, is executing on the scoring chances. Radek an Yorkie both should've had goals on their breaks, and there were several other good chances. This should have been a 3-0 or 4-0 game quite easily. Woulda helped the confidence a little more maybe, but there was something a little different in the attitude tonight, and I liked it.

WE HAD A POWERPLAY BREAKOUT! Wow, I was amazed. THEY WERE ACTUALLY MOVING!!! That Dvorak-Stoll-Hemsky line should stay in tact as long as Reasoner is gone, I wish we could see it 5-on-5.

I'm keeping count Tommy, that's two, play more games like this. There's a BIG difference between the games like tonight's, compared to last game. Alot less shaky, more anticipation, trusting his reads.

The lack of shots hid the amount of control they had at various points, and the lack of stupid shots they took tonight, which was nice to see.

Ales was all over the ice tonight, something many of the TV viewers might not have seen was his defensive play, and he was hitting, scary. Excellent stuff.

Jarret Stoll continues to show why he's gonna be a BIG-TIME player. EXCELLENT game. I really wish we had Marty in, but Jarret does have the stuff to be close to the same player.

Horcoff was on his way to a fairly good grade, I actually liked alot of what he did tonight.....and then he went and hand-grenaded the puck 4 times in a row. You had to go giving me an excuse didn't you? And for consistency's sake, I couldn't do anything other than give him a positive grade, but a fairly low-positive, if that makes sense.

Brew was carrying the puck very strongly tonight, really good to see.

Ryan still can't finish. What's wrong?

Is Brad ever gonna hit the net again? Did like his drive to the net though.

Alex was a monster, I really enjoy saying that.

Jason Chimera shouldn't be an in-out guy. He was really really solid and if placed with the right players really plays a nice game. Used the speed and physical play well tonight. Little angry he missed two easy scoring chances though.

Adam Oates really has no shot...hahaha

Quote of the evening:::
Isn't Mike Comrie supposed to play for this team? - Rich Winter.

As much as I don't like the guy, he's funny as hell and certainly a social guy.

Craig Simpson was back off the bench again tonight. Does anyone know what's going on and why he isn't always there?

Despite the fact that this game could easily have slipped away, a fairly satisfied LMHF is out.......

Last edited by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1: 01-15-2004 at 07:49 PM.
Old
01-15-2004, 07:49 PM
mrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Despite the fact that this game could easily have slipped away, a fairly satisfied LMHF is out.......
cause simpson and moore always switch like every other game i believe because theres a limit to how many ppl can be on the bench?? i think i heard that on sportsnet before.

Old
01-15-2004, 07:53 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrush
cause simpson and moore always switch like every other game i believe because theres a limit to how many ppl can be on the bench?? i think i heard that on sportsnet before.
You quoted the wrong thing . However, I'm pretty sure you are right.

Closed Thread