HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I'm meeting Brad Marchand tomorrow... (Habs fans need help)

Old
09-30-2013, 10:28 PM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moen in Glory View Post
Too bad he can't sign gifs

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything at the exact same time I saw that

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 10:29 PM
Interlagos Blue
You Had ONE JOB

If someone could photoshop Marchand's head on top of the body of a swimmer that would be great.

Interlagos Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 10:42 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
No question, dude, you've got balls. But I'm divided on whether calling out this P.O.S. is a good idea, given that it's in the context of the Bruins doing some nice community PR. Maybe something a little more subtle -- wear your Habs gear, be polite, and when Marchand comments on your gear, admit that you were worried the sight of a Habs logo would cause him to flop to the ground. Thank him for staying upright and for not calling Lucic to stand between you. Compliment him on his almost-fluent english. Tell him how impressed you are that he spelled his name correctly... assuming he does.
Honestly, the whole concept is extremely straight forward. I would never do it.

From the OP's perspective: I don't think it's a good idea.
For our perspective: We want updates.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 10:49 PM
RyanBostonRedsox
Long Live Chappelle

My mind is already made up. I'm doing it tomorrow. It may not be the smartest thing, in fact it probably isn't, but I'm not sure I'll have another chance like this and I want to get it off my chest.

RyanBostonRedsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 11:01 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBostonRedsox View Post
My mind is already made up. I'm doing it tomorrow. It may not be the smartest thing, in fact it probably isn't, but I'm not sure I'll have another chance like this and I want to get it off my chest.
Good luck man!

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 11:07 PM
DJyellow

Send a message via ICQ to DJyellow
you should have someone film the encounter and then post it here

DJyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 11:11 PM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Please video tape this please it will make the news if s*** gets heavy

Habs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 12:06 AM
puckeater

Borrow someone's GoPro dude.

puckeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 11:03 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Do we get an update or do we call a bail bondsman?

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Moen in Glory
Sidebar is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
For Marchand?

Moen in Glory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 11:06 AM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Lol was thinking the same thing. Hopefully chara doesn't run across everybody and start punching him in the face emelin style.

Habs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 11:19 AM
BrutusHFX

If you can, get Rask to sign this

BrutusHFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 05:04 PM
RyanBostonRedsox
Long Live Chappelle

Alright all. I just got back from the Bruins practice. Some of you will be disappointed.

1) I didn't get Marchand's auto on anything. It wasn't well publicized, but only the first 60 people could get his auto. I was front row to the team leaving for their bus though, and as Marchand walked by, I said "Subban owns your ass this year." He looked at me and kept walking. At least he heard me

2) Iginla is a CHILL guy! Everybody next to me was asking for his auto, and he reached out to get a picture and pen from me, but I had nothing for him. I asked "how about a handshake?" and he smiled and shook my hand. I said "Jarome, as a Habs fan it pains me to see you play for such a classless team." He couldn't stop laughing. He laughed for a solid 10 seconds. Then he said, "I know." I don't think I'll ever forget it.

3) I tried working up Lucic but to no effect.

4) I got Rask to sign a goalie stick I brought with me, and after he signed it, I said "Go Habs Go" and he winked.

-That's all I got fellas. Wish I would've seen Marchand more. The Iginla scene was definitely the highlight of the day for me. It was great talking to a HOF.

RyanBostonRedsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Alright all. I just got back from the Bruins practice. Some of you will be disappointed.

1) I didn't get Marchand's auto on anything. It wasn't well publicized, but only the first 60 people could get his auto. I was front row to the team leaving for their bus though, and as Marchand walked by, I said "Subban owns your ass this year." He looked at me and kept walking. At least he heard me

2) Iginla is a CHILL guy! Everybody next to me was asking for his auto, and he reached out to get a picture and pen from me, but I had nothing for him. I asked "how about a handshake?" and he smiled and shook my hand. I said "Jarome, as a Habs fan it pains me to see you play for such a classless team." He couldn't stop laughing. He laughed for a solid 10 seconds. Then he said, "I know." I don't think I'll ever forget it.

4) I got Rask to sign a goalie stick I brought with me, and after he signed it, I said "Go Habs Go" and he winked.

-That's all I got fellas. Wish I would've seen Marchand more. The Iginla scene was definitely the highlight of the day for me. It was great talking to a HOF.
Is this a ****ing joke? OMG.

Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Binary Code
How do I change that

vCash: 180
Wow Rask and Iginla reaction were cool

Binary Code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Moen in Glory
Sidebar is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Is this a ****ing joke? OMG.
I wish we had a video of this short convo.

But it would be perma-ban material on HF, just like last year's youtubes...

Well done OP, glad you got out of this alive

Moen in Glory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 05:43 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKing View Post
That's an ugly suit.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 08:59 PM
VT Isles Fan

Quote:

You probably got more accomplished than most people there today. Heard they practically locked down Waterbury because of the crowd that showed up to see the Bruins.

VT Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Quote:

I get a sense that the players don't hate players on other teams as much as we do. The fact that Carey Price and Tim Thomas seem jovial, and that the mutual respect some of these guys have shown off the ice, these reactions you posted here don't surprise me.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 02:04 AM
brec7

Quote:

This is one of those things I don't know if I support or not, but I'll take your word that you gave it a legit shot and give you props for having the guts to try!

I love the Iginla story and it pretty much sums up how I feel about the whole situation!

I don't blame you for getting a Rask autograph either, no ill will towards him, he's just a great goalie.

brec7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 05:44 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
cool

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Halifaxhab*

I hate this kid. I don't even want to start with the hockey, every summer I have runs ins with him as he speeds down the street nearly hitting my kids. I've had yelling matches with him actually dropping the "Don't you know who I am" crap....my response, the guy I'm about to knock out.....seriously every year now for 3 years....as the bugger lives 5 doors down. No surprise really, his whole family are a bunch of classles people.

I truly hope you troll that disgusting excuse of a human being and post the results.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 08:14 AM
Devourers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
I get a sense that the players don't hate players on other teams as much as we do. The fact that Carey Price and Tim Thomas seem jovial, and that the mutual respect some of these guys have shown off the ice, these reactions you posted here don't surprise me.
Well, Thomas and Price are sort of alike. Thomas is a gun yielding redneck, Carey Price loves to hunt! Thomas is a goaltender, so is Carey Price! Tim Thomas grew up somewhat close to the border, so did Price! Tim Thomas was drafted by a team in Quebec, so was Price! It's amazing how alike they are. I bet they go hunting and fishing regularly, but maybe fishing, I don't know though, I think Carey prefers to fish without grenades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I hate this kid. I don't even want to start with the hockey, every summer I have runs ins with him as he speeds down the street nearly hitting my kids. I've had yelling matches with him actually dropping the "Don't you know who I am" crap....my response, the guy I'm about to knock out.....seriously every year now for 3 years....as the bugger lives 5 doors down. No surprise really, his whole family are a bunch of classles people.

I truly hope you troll that disgusting excuse of a human being and post the results.
So he's one of those stereotypical newfs that makes the rest of y'all look bad eh. Bet you hate the little puke.

EDIT: Bahh forgot, he's from NS. That just makes it even worse though.

Devourers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 01:07 PM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

vCash: 167
Sooo, How did it go?

SpokedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 01:16 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50