HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

An enforcer to Habs

Old
10-02-2013, 12:16 PM
LyGuy

vCash: 500
Hab fans still think Prust is a tough guy after last nights game? lmao

LyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 12:30 PM
SlapJack
Scum bag Sens

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
You know who disagrees with you ? The GM and anyone with a memory long enough to remember the ottawa fiasco last year. Are habs fans amnesiacs ? Every year we get ragdolled in the playoffs and lets not forget we have one of if not the SMALLEST top 9's in the league and our jam on the back end begins and ends with a rookie.
The answer isn't getting goons, it's beefing up the top 9. Instead of picking up Parros to protect those guys, get rid of Desharnais and Gionta, don't sign Briere., and try to get someone that can play top 9 with size.

I know it's not that easy getting players like a Lars Eller or whoever on the market to fill holes, but don't get smaller and pick up an enforcer thinking that will solve any of your problems. I hope Bergevin tried getting something bigger and better for the top 9 and simply failed, because if this was his solution, he's not going to get far in the playoffs ever.

SlapJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

Ben Eager. The toughest guy in the league. If you call RIGHT NOW, he can be yours for FREE.

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 12:33 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyGuy View Post
Prust is a tough guy, a good solid middleweight but no one thinks he's a heavy ( despite having to step up repeatedly in weight class last year which is why we got parros).

And based on last year, I'm thinking there is some sort of freaky friday situation going on as moen looks more like last year's prust and prust looks like last years moen. this does not end well for anyone.

I'll say this with the disclaimer that I have no proof one way or the other, but a lot of people are questioning whether prust is nursing an injury. The way that moen stepped in from prust when prust had every chance to get back up and go with fraser could support this assertion.

prust will have lots of opportunities to prove how tough he is.

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 12:39 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapJack View Post
The answer isn't getting goons, it's beefing up the top 9. Instead of picking up Parros to protect those guys, get rid of Desharnais and Gionta, don't sign Briere., and try to get someone that can play top 9 with size.

I know it's not that easy getting players like a Lars Eller or whoever on the market to fill holes, but don't get smaller and pick up an enforcer thinking that will solve any of your problems. I hope Bergevin tried getting something bigger and better for the top 9 and simply failed, because if this was his solution, he's not going to get far in the playoffs ever.
Those skill top 6 forwards with grit are too hard to get, Bergevin won't pay those contract the leafs gave up Clarkson or the one the devils have to Clowe, and doesn't want to trade first round picks and prospect it would take to get a guy like Bobby Ryan.

If you look at the habs draft this past year, it's about getting those type of players, but until those guys are ready, you have no choose put to get a Parros, Murray etc

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 12:39 PM
bud12

Quote:
first time you watch a hockey game? Find me another middleweight who have as much light-heavy and heavy on his fighting card.

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 12:40 PM
sandysan

Quote:

Deharnais just got an extension and has negative trade value
Gionta is our captain and just came back from an injury and he has
both a NMC and a NTC ( sure on the latter, not so much the former)
the ship on not signing briere has sailed, before it left they made
sure to unload HIS NTC.

Two of the guys you list we cant move without their consent, the other had zero value on the free market. We also suffered through a season last year where prust had to go with anyone, and FAR to often HAD to fight above his weight class and itwas clear he was worn down at the end of the year.

Having parros takes some of the heat off prust/moen. If we cant get george back or get another enforcer, what is to stop ANY team in the atlantic from running roughshot over our top 9 that includes
DD,gio,gallagher and briere ?

Old
10-02-2013, 12:40 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Ya I dunno wtf he was thinkin last night, prust is a gamer but last night was not impressive..

Old
10-02-2013, 12:43 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
So because the majority think we lost all 5 fights that means we did? this isn't boxint or MMA majority decisions don't automatically mean you won the fights here.
No need to be insecure about losing fights, it doesn't make the leafs less tougher because they lost some fights, it's about the willingness to drop them ex Ashton, good for him.

Winning losing a fight has very little effect on the outcome of the match, the problem is when guys aren't willing drop them..

Old
10-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Jax Teller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
when the only ones that disagree are Leafs fans... yeah, they won the fights. it was obvious to everyone else.
If you conveniently leave out the fights where Parros was taken out on a stretcher and Prust was being a coward, then maybe.

Jax Teller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 12:54 PM
sobrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
Ben Eager. The toughest guy in the league. If you call RIGHT NOW, he can be yours for FREE.
Hurry! This sale won't last long!

sobrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 01:00 PM
wgknestrick

I'm pretty sure Engelland would be available from the Pens. He plays D and is half decent at hockey (ie not the train wreck 95% of these forwards are).

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/2511

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc1szOLDTgM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgLxYeY1gJM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfrkcuV5a8k

wgknestrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 01:01 PM
ronnyweed

Prust or subban could just back up their own actions instead?

ronnyweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 01:01 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnybaby View Post
If you conveniently leave out the fights where Parros was taken out on a stretcher and Prust was being a coward, then maybe.
Parros only lost his fight with the ice surface.

BernieParent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Siller the Thriller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
I'm pretty sure Engelland would be available from the Pens. He plays D and is half decent at hockey (ie not the train wreck 95% of these forwards are).

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/2511

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc1szOLDTgM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgLxYeY1gJM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfrkcuV5a8k
You and your hatred towards Engelland. You want the softest team imaginable.

Siller the Thriller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Jax Teller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Habs fans claimed they won all the fights, he most certainly didn't win that.

Jax Teller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
like erskine, the question is what would it cost ? The answer, probably too much. A big guy who plays about 20 min on the back end is not going to be available on the waiver wire. Plus we need a guy who can protect the small forwards.
Troy Brouwer + John Erskine ($200k retained) for Josh Gorges + Douglas Murray/Francis Bouillan. Cap hit is essentially even, making the deal possible for both teams. Montreal gets size up front (Brouwer) and a heavyweight to replace Parros and help maintain defensive depth. Caps shore up the left side of their defense with Gorges and take another piece for the cap hit and give them more 3rd pairing options.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 01:11 PM
LyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyweed View Post
Prust or subban could just back up their own actions instead?
I'd love to see Subban have a go with Phaneuf. That way its fair that a top d on each side sits out for 5min.

Old
10-02-2013, 01:14 PM
kingdok

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
He was being sarcastic, hence the sarcasm emoticon.

kingdok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 01:15 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
I'd love to see Subban have a go with Phaneuf. That way its fair that a top d on each side sits out for 5min.
With Kadri dropping them with Bourque/Pacioretty at the same time..

Old
10-02-2013, 01:17 PM
kingdok

Quote:
I don't think it's fair to lose Subban to an inferior player

kingdok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 01:19 PM
SlapJack
Scum bag Sens

Quote:
Deharnais just got an extension and has negative trade value
Gionta is our captain and just came back from an injury and he has
both a NMC and a NTC ( sure on the latter, not so much the former)
the ship on not signing briere has sailed, before it left they made
sure to unload HIS NTC.

Two of the guys you list we cant move without their consent, the other had zero value on the free market. We also suffered through a season last year where prust had to go with anyone, and FAR to often HAD to fight above his weight class and itwas clear he was worn down at the end of the year.

Having parros takes some of the heat off prust/moen. If we cant get george back or get another enforcer, what is to stop ANY team in the atlantic from running roughshot over our top 9 that includes
DD,gio,gallagher and briere ?
And who gave Desharnais that contract? I'm not saying that they all have to go, but signing DD to that stupid contract and then getting Briere were bad moves in the wrong direction. Bergevin could have went with 3rd liners instead and made sure that the EGG line gets top 6 minutes.

SlapJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 01:40 PM
LyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
With Kadri dropping them with Bourque/Pacioretty at the same time..
In all honestly I wouldn't mind seeing a line brawl xD

Bernier vs Price match up of the century

Old
10-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
first time you watch a hockey game? Find me another middleweight who have as much light-heavy and heavy on his fighting card.
Chris Neil. David Clarkson.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 02:19 PM
sandysan

Quote:
And who gave Desharnais that contract? I'm not saying that they all have to go, but signing DD to that stupid contract and then getting Briere were bad moves in the wrong direction. Bergevin could have went with 3rd liners instead and made sure that the EGG line gets top 6 minutes.
You are crying over spilt milk. I'd prefer that we didnt have them all, but we do. and that being the case, since they cannot defend themselves. we need a guy who can do it by proxy and a combo pf prusty/moen and white has shown its not enough to cut it.