HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - Nashville

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-02-2013, 08:49 PM
  #1
BigHabs
#11
 
BigHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
Montreal - Nashville



Raphael Diaz



Zach Budish
pick

Montreal can call up Pateryn until Murray and Emelin come back.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 08:50 PM
  #2
sansabri
#blocktheboat
 
sansabri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal, QC
Posts: 8,438
vCash: 500
you nuts. Diaz is good.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 08:53 PM
  #3
BigHabs
#11
 
BigHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
you nuts. Diaz is good.
You forgot the , just joking. Diaz is good, but he is not what the Habs need. I find he is alright on the PP. But I find he gets out muscled for the puck lately.

Just not that physical and the Habs need physical dmen. Pateryn was solid last year in his short stint and also this year during pre season. I think he would be ideal until Murray and Emelin are back.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 08:58 PM
  #4
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,541
vCash: 500
Diaz may need to be used a little differently than the coaching staff used him last night, but he's still a good (and affordable) NHL player. Habs aren't deep enough that they can afford to lose him for a prospect. For now. See how the season progresses. It could become a more attractive option to trade him later, if the team is floundering and if other young d-men show good signs of progression.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 09:02 PM
  #5
sansabri
#blocktheboat
 
sansabri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal, QC
Posts: 8,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peso View Post
You forgot the , just joking. Diaz is good, but he is not what the Habs need. I find he is alright on the PP. But I find he gets out muscled for the puck lately.

Just not that physical and the Habs need physical dmen. Pateryn was solid last year in his short stint and also this year during pre season. I think he would be ideal until Murray and Emelin are back.
in no way is he perfect, but he's a very effective PMD. we could get much more than a project and a pick for him.

also, if Markov doesn't find his old form, he might be out of the picture after this season. trading Diaz could end up being a mistake. not everyone on the Habs can be a physical presence. we need offense too.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 12:52 AM
  #6
nashpreds
Registered User
 
nashpreds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
I don't think we really have a need for Diaz at this point, maybe if he was left handed. Our top four is pretty much a lock with Josi, Weber, Klein and Jones. Diaz wouldn't be an improvement over any of those guys in my opinion. He'd be a good 3rd pairing guy but we have a similar player in Ryan Ellis already.

The Value is fair but the need for a guy like Diaz but in my opinion we don't need him right now. Others may have a different view though.

nashpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 01:09 AM
  #7
Punkeater
Registered User
 
Punkeater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Diaz may need to be used a little differently than the coaching staff used him last night, but he's still a good (and affordable) NHL player. Habs aren't deep enough that they can afford to lose him for a prospect. For now. See how the season progresses. It could become a more attractive option to trade him later, if the team is floundering and if other young d-men show good signs of progression.
This ^ Diaz is needed until Murray and Emelin are back. When they'll get back, a trade could happen involving Diaz. They'll be injuries on other teams too and there will be more team in need probably + Diaz can make his value go higher until then as we all know he'll make his points again this year on the PP. He's really good offensively and could really help a team with a weak power play. Now isn't the best time to trade him. Might have been different a week ago with a Douglas Murray not injured...

Punkeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 07:22 AM
  #8
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashpreds View Post
I don't think we really have a need for Diaz at this point, maybe if he was left handed. Our top four is pretty much a lock with Josi, Weber, Klein and Jones. Diaz wouldn't be an improvement over any of those guys in my opinion. He'd be a good 3rd pairing guy but we have a similar player in Ryan Ellis already.

The Value is fair but the need for a guy like Diaz but in my opinion we don't need him right now. Others may have a different view though.
Actually, while our top-4 is set for a long time, I think the rest of our D is quite thin. This is Ellis's last chance at becoming effective, and Ekholm had a terrible preseason (yes it's early).

The only reason I'd think twice about this trade is because, with Jones and Forsberg and the possibility of Beck and Watson graduating from the land of prospects this year, Budish and Aberg will most likely become a couple of our tops in the minors.

Overall, good proposal.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 03:06 PM
  #9
Domino11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 702
vCash: 500
If I'm mtl I would ask for Watson instead !! Budish is good but Watson fill out more of a need for mtl !!

Maybe something like , Diaz + bourque + thomas agains Watson + budish + diaby + 3 round

Bourque would help offensively and doesn't cost much at 3.3 m , Diaz is a 4-5 dman that can put up some point and is cheap at 1.5 m , Thomas is a small forward but is speedy as hell and is a true scoring machine !! Watson is a good shutdown player that will always give is 100% and I see him as mtl 3 line with bournival and he will bring size , budish will bring size and scoring touch to mtl as a natural right winger , diaby is a prospect that will hopefully be good in a few years and he's French so mtl fan will love him !

Diaz = Watson
Bourque + Thomas = budish + diaby + 3 round

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 03:13 PM
  #10
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
If I'm mtl I would ask for Watson instead !! Budish is good but Watson fill out more of a need for mtl !!

Maybe something like , Diaz + bourque + thomas agains Watson + budish + diaby + 3 round

Bourque would help offensively and doesn't cost much at 3.3 m , Diaz is a 4-5 dman that can put up some point and is cheap at 1.5 m , Thomas is a small forward but is speedy as hell and is a true scoring machine !! Watson is a good shutdown player that will always give is 100% and I see him as mtl 3 line with bournival and he will bring size , budish will bring size and scoring touch to mtl as a natural right winger , diaby is a prospect that will hopefully be good in a few years and he's French so mtl fan will love him !

Diaz = Watson
Bourque + Thomas = budish + diaby + 3 round
We need Watson more than we would need Diaz.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 03:16 PM
  #11
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
We need Watson more than we would need Diaz.
Particularly IF Legwand rolls in the offseason or is traded at the deadline

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 03:33 PM
  #12
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,574
vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
in no way is he perfect, but he's a very effective PMD. we could get much more than a project and a pick for him.

also, if Markov doesn't find his old form, he might be out of the picture after this season. trading Diaz could end up being a mistake. not everyone on the Habs can be a physical presence. we need offense too.
Unless Beaulieu can be physical and offensive.

But seriously, he'll need another couple years before he can overtake Diaz imo.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 03:42 PM
  #13
Binary Code
How do I change that
 
Binary Code's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Delirium
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,014
vCash: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peso View Post


Raphael Diaz



Zach Budish
pick

Montreal can call up Pateryn until Murray and Emelin come back.
Beurk.


How about a Diaz for Weber then ?

Binary Code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 04:30 PM
  #14
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,304
vCash: 500
On another note, Desharnais would be a great fit for Nashville, IMO.

Oh and I'd be willing to give up A LOT for Forsberg .. Damn I love the kid.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 09:37 AM
  #15
predshabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Lyles,TN
Country: United States
Posts: 734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
On another note, Desharnais would be a great fit for Nashville, IMO.

Oh and I'd be willing to give up A LOT for Forsberg .. Damn I love the kid.
What is a lot for Forsberg? What would you be willing to give up to get him? Probably not going anywhere but just interested in what you have to offer.

predshabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:24 AM
  #16
thecloser
Registered User
 
thecloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: brentwood, tn
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predshabs View Post
What is a lot for Forsberg? What would you be willing to give up to get him? Probably not going anywhere but just interested in what you have to offer.
it doesn't matter. i love galchenyuk but i wouldn't give up forsberg for him. Forsberg and Jones are two of the best prospects Nashville has had in a long while so why even speak or be interested of moving either. that's what irks me about this board.

We STOLE forsberg and in no way in hell is he moving or should he be thought about being moved.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.