HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around the NHL: OMG HOCKEY Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-02-2013, 09:49 PM
  #601
Aufheben
Moderator
Crick Nash
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The jam must flow...
Country: Angola
Posts: 10,137
vCash: 130
At least the Flyers only let in 3 goals tonight.

Aufheben is offline  
Old
10-02-2013, 10:01 PM
  #602
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,454
vCash: 500
John Mitchell! JOHNNY MALKIN 2 on 1 goal....!

Cresto is offline  
Old
10-02-2013, 10:03 PM
  #603
Aufheben
Moderator
Crick Nash
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The jam must flow...
Country: Angola
Posts: 10,137
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresto View Post
John Mitchell! JOHNNY MALKIN 2 on 1 goal....!
High-scoring affairs last night; Johnny Malkin scores tonight...the end times are near.

Aufheben is offline  
Old
10-02-2013, 10:05 PM
  #604
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
High-scoring affairs last night; Johnny Malkin scores tonight...the end times are near.
actually a decent player, when not relegated to board work as per JT.

Cresto is offline  
Old
10-02-2013, 10:12 PM
  #605
Aufheben
Moderator
Crick Nash
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The jam must flow...
Country: Angola
Posts: 10,137
vCash: 130
I always liked him, and his nickname + dangles were high comedy.

Aufheben is offline  
Old
10-02-2013, 10:24 PM
  #606
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthJerseyRanger View Post
Look at my username.





Yes. They are - they are bad.
I couldn't believe the b**ching from Clement about what Orr did when Rosehill took a run at Frasor. They were both in the strong belief that Rosehill cleanly hit Frasor even though the puck was well gone. Just stupid.

RGY is online now  
Old
10-02-2013, 10:48 PM
  #607
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,454
vCash: 500
Watching the Avs, they're no better and no worse at getting scoring chances, they just finish a lot better than we do. I think one area of offense that we're not talking about is just the simple offensive instincts to finish a play.

Cresto is offline  
Old
10-02-2013, 11:13 PM
  #608
Raspewtin
Kreidizzle
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,045
vCash: 500
I can't believe the mollywhopping the Avs are laying on the Ducks right now. I thought they weren't that good, but not THIS bad.

Raspewtin is online now  
Old
10-02-2013, 11:15 PM
  #609
JeffMangum
Ra shi da
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 55,151
vCash: 300
Toronto looks really good. I don't think the Flyers were poor at all in this game - they were generating plenty of scoring chances, but Bernier had a fantastic game, he made some seriously ridiculous saves tonight. Leafs goaltending tandem is excellent with Reimer and Bernier.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
10-02-2013, 11:25 PM
  #610
Raspewtin
Kreidizzle
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,045
vCash: 500
holy hell is anybody watching Patty Roy flip out against the Ducks? This is hysterical.

Raspewtin is online now  
Old
10-02-2013, 11:29 PM
  #611
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
holy hell is anybody watching Patty Roy flip out against the Ducks? This is hysterical.
I love that man

Torts is like marshmallow compared to Patrick. Torts will lose control and try to do something but will pull back after a bit but Patrick doesn't need much and will go for it if he wants.

Cresto is offline  
Old
10-02-2013, 11:31 PM
  #612
Raspewtin
Kreidizzle
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresto View Post
I love that man

Torts is like marshmallow compared to Patrick. Torts will lose control and try to do something but will pull back after a bit but Patrick doesn't need much and will go for it if he wants.
Patrick has enough anger in him to melt the ice surface I'd believe. Between Torts and Oates, Roy would win in a fight. He almost scares me. I can't imagine teenagers playing for him in the Q

Raspewtin is online now  
Old
10-02-2013, 11:45 PM
  #613
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Patrick has enough anger in him to melt the ice surface I'd believe. Between Torts and Oates, Roy would win in a fight. He almost scares me. I can't imagine teenagers playing for him in the Q
I think he's going to have to tone it down though. He has his wits about him but being around a ticking time bomb takes it toll on players and staff mentally as time drags on. Sacco lacked any sort of initiative and decisiveness and while they've found a guy who's done his fair share and knows what he's doing with his passion and fire, I think Roy's going to need to find some balance. As a star player, you can take a lot of liberties, but as a coach of a young team, you're accountable for all the players individually and for the team as a whole and going about shoving boards and yelling at every thing that moves, he's going to create some trouble internally and with the rest of the league sooner or later.


Cresto is offline  
Old
10-03-2013, 12:02 AM
  #614
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,119
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 0 View Post
Toronto looks really good. I don't think the Flyers were poor at all in this game - they were generating plenty of scoring chances, but Bernier had a fantastic game, he made some seriously ridiculous saves tonight. Leafs goaltending tandem is excellent with Reimer and Bernier.
Up and coming team, however, they always seem to start fairly well and then slump at some point.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
10-03-2013, 12:08 AM
  #615
Ian
Mike York fan club
 
Ian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,608
vCash: 500
Toronto has two pretty solid young goalies. Shame they couldn't trade one of them for a younger player with upside and a draft pick. Oh wait....

Philly didn't look nearly as bad as they did in the first half of last year, but I still have no idea why they are spending nearly 10m a year on Vinny and Streit. They really don't bring anything that Philly didn't already have IMO.

Ian is offline  
Old
10-03-2013, 05:17 AM
  #616
Raspewtin
Kreidizzle
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,045
vCash: 500
I'm convinced Philly signed Vinny to take all the pressure off Schenn and Couturier. If that's the case it makes sense, they got Vinny cheap.

Raspewtin is online now  
Old
10-03-2013, 05:19 AM
  #617
Raspewtin
Kreidizzle
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresto View Post
I think he's going to have to tone it down though. He has his wits about him but being around a ticking time bomb takes it toll on players and staff mentally as time drags on. Sacco lacked any sort of initiative and decisiveness and while they've found a guy who's done his fair share and knows what he's doing with his passion and fire, I think Roy's going to need to find some balance. As a star player, you can take a lot of liberties, but as a coach of a young team, you're accountable for all the players individually and for the team as a whole and going about shoving boards and yelling at every thing that moves, he's going to create some trouble internally and with the rest of the league sooner or later.

oh I absolutely agree. Roy will blink, be out of a job and buried in fines if he keeps that up.

Raspewtin is online now  
Old
10-03-2013, 05:36 AM
  #618
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Handicap spot
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,734
vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
I'm convinced Philly signed Vinny to take all the pressure off Schenn and Couturier. If that's the case it makes sense, they got Vinny cheap.
He had an impressive assist last night. I think the signing is going to turn out to be a very good one, especially since they got him for multiple years.

I mean Grabovski is also a steal at his cap hit, but he is only signed for one season.

I didn't watch the game, but going by the boxscore and highlights Toronto doesn't seem to have changed much since last season. They still get dominated 5v5 and rely on high percentags to win, it will not last.

If Philly can keep up their level of play from yesterday, they will challenge for a playoff spot despite Mason's awfulness. If Emery can give them decent goaltending in his starts they may even reach the Penguins/Rangers echelon. But I don't think he can handle the 55+ starts he would have to play for that to happen.

Blue Blooded is offline  
Old
10-03-2013, 05:40 AM
  #619
Raspewtin
Kreidizzle
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
He had an impressive assist last night. I think the signing is going to turn out to be a very good one, especially since they got him for multiple years.

I mean Grabovski is also a steal at his cap hit, but he is only signed for one season.

I didn't watch the game, but going by the boxscore and highlights Toronto doesn't seem to have changed much since last season. They still get dominated 5v5 and rely on high percentags to win, it will not last.

If Philly can keep up their level of play from yesterday, they will challenge for a playoff spot despite Mason's awfulness. If Emery can give them decent goaltending in his starts they may even reach the Penguins/Rangers echelon. But I don't think he can handle the 55+ starts he would have to play for that to happen.
I'm really interested to see how far Philly and Pitts go with the sucktastic G they have. Mason and Emery are two "ok" backups fighting for a starter job, I don't see where it works out in the end. IMO Mason would start more games than Emery, I think he's somewhat better (taking injuries into account as well.)

Raspewtin is online now  
Old
10-03-2013, 05:44 AM
  #620
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Handicap spot
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,734
vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
I'm really interested to see how far Philly and Pitts go with the sucktastic G they have. Mason and Emery are two "ok" backups fighting for a starter job, I don't see where it works out in the end. IMO Mason would start more games than Emery, I think he's somewhat better (taking injuries into account as well.)
Emery is a lot better than Mason, but I'm not sure how big a workload he can handle.

Mason just flat out sucks, they should've traded for Bernier or even Enroth IMO. They are/were both unproven backups with upside. Mason is a proven starter, unfortunately for them he is proven as awful.

At least they are not paying him almost $4M/year like Winnipeg are doing for their awful starter.

Blue Blooded is offline  
Old
10-03-2013, 08:26 AM
  #621
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,027
vCash: 500
Can someone tell me what happened in that Colorado/Anaheim game?

I also disagree that he will be out of a job. Teams often take on the personality of the coach. That team is going to be VERY hard to play against.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
10-03-2013, 08:31 AM
  #622
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence
 
KreiMeARiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Can someone tell me what happened in that Colorado/Anaheim game?

I also disagree that he will be out of a job. Teams often take on the personality of the coach. That team is going to be VERY hard to play against.
I watched most of the game up until the 3rd....including the Lovejoy/Mackinnon play. Honestly, I don't think it was that bad. Mackinnon is a kid, yes, but he's a grown man, and he's very strong. He's not like RNH in his first game, ever. Mackinnon was down low and things got a bit chippy, not a big deal. I guess people are taking issue with the fact that Lovejoy wanted to go....but.... to me, if you're old enough to be out there and chip, you're old enough to go. I think gloves got dropped in the process, but a fight didn't happen. People went at Lovejoy. That said, Lovejoy definitely deserved Downie and McLeod being on him all night.

I LOVE Roy's fire........ this is my new favorite team out west.

Just picked up Mackinnon in fantasy

KreiMeARiver is online now  
Old
10-03-2013, 08:33 AM
  #623
JanErixon20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
Roy is the Rex Ryan of the NHL. He'll come in kicking and screaming, maybe make a little noise, and then go out quietly a few years later.

JanErixon20 is offline  
Old
10-03-2013, 08:33 AM
  #624
Rangers_23
Beuke!
 
Rangers_23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Land of Entrapment
Country: United States
Posts: 2,190
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Can someone tell me what happened in that Colorado/Anaheim game?

I also disagree that he will be out of a job. Teams often take on the personality of the coach. That team is going to be VERY hard to play against.
Lovejoy knee-on-knee'd MacKinnon with under 30 seconds to go. It looked unintentional as the Ducks had just turned the puck over and MacK turned right into where Lovejoy was, didn't really have a good camera angle but I don't think Lovejoy stuck his knee out.

Roy ices his good McLeod and Bordeleau next shift, Bordeleau starts taking shots at Ducks right after the puck drop. A scrum happened right in front of the Avs bench. Roy starts yapping at Corey Perry, then Boudreau comes over and get in on the yapping. Roy pushed the glass stanchion separating the benches and it falls toward Boudreau, a couple Ducks players push it back.

Rangers_23 is offline  
Old
10-03-2013, 08:37 AM
  #625
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence
 
KreiMeARiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresto View Post
actually a decent player, when not relegated to board work as per JT.
Yeah and PAP is pretty good, also.

Sather blew it all up. Now we're a soft bunch. Gonna be very easy to play against us, unlike the Avs.

KreiMeARiver is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.