HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

The all about Yakupov thread [Mod Warning Post #688]

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2013, 09:56 PM
bobbyt911

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResilientBeast View Post
Ahahahaha

Start with Galchenyuk and we'll talk....maybe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResilientBeast View Post
OP is setting his target waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to low
seems you have set your sights a lil high!
Galchenyuk and a 1st is worth Yak all day, the difference between Gally and Yak is not a 1st

I have seen both Yak and Hall all through jr and Yak is no Hall and IMO Gally>Yak

Old
10-02-2013, 10:21 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Yakupov is going nowhere.

Hemsky is injury prone and has given our a team a ton of problems on the PP in the past.

Yakupov isn't getting his raise for a while, but if we re-up Hemsky we will have significant cap problems. We've got Hopkins' 6M kicking in, we've gotta resign Petry and Justin Schultz and we're probably going to need to go out and sign another good 3rd line forward.

Doesn't sound like a lot... but who knows. Maybe we'll also have to find a replacement for Dubby while leaving enough space for whatever raise Yakupov is going to get a few years down the line. That's a lot of money to think about.

Old
10-02-2013, 10:25 PM
rockinghockey

This thread is not about EDM should trade Yak or not it is about which team would want him and if EDM can get a return thAt makes their team better.

Old
10-02-2013, 10:28 PM
rockinghockey

I am talking about a team like PHX, FLD or what ever other team where we would get a good return and be better.

Old
10-02-2013, 10:40 PM
ResilientBeast
ATD Draft Czar

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
Yeah. It was worth a try. OP was only asking for a 2nd line centre
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
seems you have set your sights a lil high!
Galchenyuk and a 1st is worth Yak all day, the difference between Gally and Yak is not a 1st

I have seen both Yak and Hall all through jr and Yak is no Hall and IMO Gally>Yak
I never said Galchenyuk and a first, but we're very happy having an offensive player with the potential of Yakupov and have no need to move him.

Old
10-02-2013, 10:42 PM
I3ig13ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Oiler fan here just so you guys know.

I know that Hall does not belong at centre and I think he should stay on the left wing. When RNH comes back he will move back to his normal position.

Hemsky and Hall look really good together and adding RNH at centre will make it a very nice line.

I like the way Perron (thanks STL) and Eberle play together but even though Gagner is coming back soon after RNH I still want a bigger centre man to play on the 2nd line.

I don't believe Yak deserves to play on the 3rd line so what I would like to see is Yak being moved for a 2C with size. I am not looking for a top line centre man but not a fringe line 2C.

Just for your info I do think Yak is worth more than a 2C and not one that is over the hill or only 4 yrs remaining in the NHL. Is there a team that has what we need.

What is your offer, you would have to admit a lot of teams would love to have a top line young RW.
Oilers should trade their 1st overall pick from the 2012 who has all the potential in the world to be a top goal scorer in order to fill the 2nd line center role for the next month until Gagner and Nuge are back?

I think most Oiler fans are willing to wait it out till November when we have at least one of our centers back and keep our budding star here. Just bite the bullet man and tough it out like the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperRockChamp View Post
Eakins will drive Yak to the KHL in 2, 3yrs tops.
What has happened with Eakins and Yak that would ever make you think that? He was praising Yak throughout camp and they are getting along just fine.

Quote:
I am talking about a team like PHX, FLD or what ever other team where we would get a good return and be better.
What would justify us giving away Yak that would be a fair return from PHX, FLD or any team for that matter? We won't be giving him away for anything/anyone. He makes our team better and unless a team is willing to become worse through overpaying for Yak, he will be an Oiler for the foreseeable future.

Old
10-02-2013, 10:49 PM
Mc5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1

vCash: 97
What? Yakupov isn't going to be on the 3rd line for long. He will likely be capable of being a 1st line winger on a contending team next season, if not earlier.

Getting a 2C with size is a good idea, but losing Yakupov to do it is absurd.

Old
10-02-2013, 10:55 PM
jp7

0 interest in trading Yak whatsoever

Old
10-02-2013, 11:19 PM
Trafalgar McLaw
Waive Dallas Eakins

You'd seriously keep Hemsky over Yakupov?

Old
10-02-2013, 11:20 PM
Trafalgar McLaw
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Yes they could move Hemsky back or trade him but if he continues to play the way he is it won't happen. Just curious the teams that are out there that would want him and be able to give us a 2C with size and hat else we could get

For all you EDM fans this thread is not about moving Hemsky it is aboutif we could make our team better
Keeping Hemsky over Yakupov does not make us better. It makes us worse for both now and in the future.

Old
10-02-2013, 11:23 PM
I3ig13ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
Keeping Hemsky over Yakupov does not make us better. It makes us worse for both now and in the future.
How about we rock 3 top 6 RW's and try and roll three lines that can score? Total possibility when we get Nuge and Gagner back. Could be dangerous.

I'm pretty much against trading away core pieces at this point until we know what we have for sure. That is, I want to see a months worth of games with Nuge and Gagner playing before I start contemplating shipping off players from our roster. I think we have a good thing going here minus a few bumps (*ahem* Smyth...)

Old
10-02-2013, 11:34 PM
haterbehatin

So this is more of a pet peeve but why do people keep using terms like "us" and "we" to describe teams that they're not apart of.

Unless a huge number of people here are secretly NHL hockey players or working for NHL organizations.

Old
10-03-2013, 12:03 AM
couture23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamus View Post
Except there are no nominations for awards shows your knowledge though
I think you might want to check up on that.

Old
10-03-2013, 12:34 AM
bucks_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
I think you might want to check up on that.
Or, you know... You could check up on it and report back when you've elucidated the nomination process whereby thereafter, the decision makers (media) decide between the nominated candidates.

Oh... That's right. A non-representative selection(ie eastern biased, by numbers and by focus) of the media vote, before the season is complete, for whomever they like, and the top three aggregate vote getters are announced as "finalists".

Perhaps you could shed some light of your understanding of the word "nominee".... Hint 1: there is usually some merit involved, so as to limit and focus voting, hint2:if the competition was "best in a certain period... Ie the regular season... One would typically wait until said period is over before accepting any votes.... That is if objectivity was of any concern.

Old
10-03-2013, 12:35 AM
Tryampled
Registered Snoozer

Kesler

Old
10-03-2013, 12:39 AM
Juxtaposer
Getcho Crayon

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinthejets View Post
you know who else looked good with Hall when they played together last year? Yakupov.
You know who looks good when playing with Taylor Hall? Everyone.

Old
10-03-2013, 12:51 AM
McJC
Registered Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
You know who looks good when playing with Taylor Hall? Everyone.

Old
10-03-2013, 01:03 AM
Ace88*

Wonder if Yak is enough to get Rutherford to move J Staal? Either him or Barkov are the only "realistic" two guys i can think of.

Old
10-03-2013, 01:56 AM
Dema

Ryan Johansen and this years 1st rounder

Old
10-03-2013, 02:16 AM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
Plekanec + 2014 1st rounder
Seeing how they picked yakupov over galchenyuk, it'll be galchenyuk ++

Old
10-03-2013, 02:17 AM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dema View Post
Ryan Johansen and this years 1st rounder
That doesn't get you yakupov not even close

Old
10-03-2013, 02:21 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
If there are no nominations then I have a question. How do they get three finalists?
The finalists are the top three vote getters.

Old
10-03-2013, 02:51 AM
Juxtaposer
Getcho Crayon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
Touché.

Old
10-03-2013, 02:56 AM
SillyRabbit
Trix Are For Kids

Would offer Kesler for Yak.

Perron-Kesler-Eberle would be contending for the best second line the league with the Malkin-Neal line.

Kesler JUST turned 29 and has the size/skill that you're looking for. The only concern is health. If he's fully healthy then he's more valuable than Yakupov right now.

However considering that we're divisional rivals, and Kesler would undoubtedly go beastmode whenever he played Vancouver and turn into a Canuck-killer, this trade would never happen.

Old
10-03-2013, 04:29 AM
Captain Catatomic
SuprstitionCondition

Send a message via ICQ to Captain Catatomic
Joensuu Gazdic Barkov Perron Acton MacIntyre and Ferrence add grit enough to the Oil for now. Yakupov is quite gritty as well and can lay some huge hits when he wants to. Right now the size of Arcobello is a little underwhelming but he's getting his chances. That being said, I would do Kesler+++

Closed Thread