HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Purcell to the Habs

Old
10-03-2013, 11:14 AM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quares27 View Post
I still think something around Gionta for Malone makes sense for both teams
Except that makes no sense for the Bolts.

And why are we all of a sudden interested in Pacioretty? The Bolts have no interest in Patches.

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 11:38 AM
Lionel Mandrake
Generic user

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
No interest in either honestly. We have no use for either we need a more physical, defense first defender. So either Tinordi (which you guys said is not available) or Gorges if he is as good as I heard. So is he any good ?
He's very good at what he does, more as a result of an incredible work ethic than raw skills. He'll die for his team, real character player, and is the ideal partner for a puck-moving D. Don't expect much offense from him though. Real meat and potato kind of guy, lacks creativity with the puck. I'd say at his best he's a solid top-4, complementary type.

As for this proposal, the Habs aren't in a position to trade a Dman, especially if we're talking about one with a physical game. That might change when Murray and Emelin come back, but I doubt they'd be willing to trade a guy like Tinordi, simply because he's a key part of the future on D. Beaulieu or any other puck mover not named Subban, sure, but I don't think that's what Tampa would be looking for.

Hey BTW, Bouillon's physical.

Lionel Mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Mandrake View Post
He's very good at what he does, more as a result of an incredible work ethic than raw skills. He'll die for his team, real character player, and is the ideal partner for a puck-moving D. Don't expect much offense from him though. Real meat and potato kind of guy, lacks creativity with the puck. I'd say at his best he's a solid top-4, complementary type.

As for this proposal, the Habs aren't in a position to trade a Dman, especially if we're talking about one with a physical game. That might change when Murray and Emelin come back, but I doubt they'd be willing to trade a guy like Tinordi, simply because he's a key part of the future on D. Beaulieu or any other puck mover not named Subban, sure, but I don't think that's what Tampa would be looking for.

Hey BTW, Bouillon's physical.
Till the bolded part I was really interested, because that's the kind of guy we need, but the bolded part makes him usless as this means he is a 6 yearsolder and less physical version of Gudas (and he might develop into more). We need somebody that is a top4 guy at his worst and can be more.
So if you could force Gorges to do so we would have a deal

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 12:19 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopThereItIs View Post

And why are we all of a sudden interested in Pacioretty? The Bolts have no interest in Patches.
If true it's because they are actually trying to suck and don't want high-end players.

Tim Wallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Vermin
ainec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
If true it's because they are actually trying to suck and don't want high-end players.
Or maybe we're just pretty set on wingers? Pacioretty is better than Purcell for sure but if we move Purcell it will be for a quality defenseman.

Vermin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 12:21 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
In all your great knowledge, oh wise one, please explain how Gionta makes sense for Tampa and Patches would be helpful?

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Deaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
Till the bolded part I was really interested, because that's the kind of guy we need, but the bolded part makes him usless as this means he is a 6 yearsolder and less physical version of Gudas (and he might develop into more). We need somebody that is a top4 guy at his worst and can be more.
So if you could force Gorges to do so we would have a deal
I think the poster you quoted didn't explain himself clearly in that bolded part. Either that, or I disagree completely

Gorges is best suited to be your 4th D, and be a very good one at that. But he's played the better part of the past two seasons with Subban on the 1st pair - so he can indeed play above his niche. You can rely on him for 20 solid minutes. He's good on the PK, can play both sides and a real competitor - played for 8 years with a torn ACL.

From a Habs POV, when you consider each Dman individually, it's a good group, but when you consider them as a group, it's just not the right mix. And Gorges would be the easiest one for me to let go, as he has value but lacks physicality. I'm sure Bergevin disagrees, what with his obsession with character, which Gorges has in spades. But I don't think any Habs fan would consider trading a D at this moment, with Murray and Emelin on the shelf. Come December though, I'd positively swap Purcell for Gorges straight-up.

Deaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 01:30 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
There's no deal to be made if it includes Tinordi. He's the type of DMan the Habs have been needing for a long time and to trade him for Purcell isn't going to happen. Maybe something around Beaulieu or Diaz. Tinordi is just too valuable to the Habs.
The ONLY thing that gets Tinordi into the conversation is Drouin, which OBVIOUSLY won't happen. The Habs would have to add so much, that it gets to the point where it's not worth it.

CanadienShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 02:52 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
The ONLY thing that gets Tinordi into the conversation is Drouin, which OBVIOUSLY won't happen. The Habs would have to add so much, that it gets to the point where it's not worth it.
That sucks cause I was gonna offer one of Stamkos or St. Louis for him.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 03:30 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
That sucks cause I was gonna offer one of Stamkos or St. Louis for him.
Don't want scrubs like them.

Well in all fairness, I wouldn't take MSL anyways, just given his age. Orrrrrr... Hedman might get the Tinordi talks going

CanadienShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Quares27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopThereItIs View Post

How so? they get the better scorer and also get Malone's bad contract off the books next year. Gionta easily improves Tampa's pathetic scoring depth.

Quares27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Vermin
ainec

Quote:
How so? they get the better scorer and also get Malone's bad contract off the books next year. Gionta easily improves Tampa's pathetic scoring depth.
What is this pathetic scoring depth you're talking about? Also we have absolute no need for another undersized forward.

Vermin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 05:07 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

Quote:
Oh Jesus Murphy.

Tampa has no need for scoring at all. Tampa has no need for another small forward either. Malone doesn't really have a horrible contract. Furthermore... pathetic scoring depth? Please.

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 11:15 PM
Dharvey33

Purcell would be redundant in mtl offense. Sure it would be great to have him but not at the price he would require.

Tinordi isn't going anywhere and Paciorretty holds a lot more value than Purcell.

So a deal can't be done between the two teams.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 12:07 AM
Steve Yzerman
A Great Season

vCash: 805
Quote:
Laughable. Keep moving folks, nothing to see from this guy's post.

Steve Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 07:12 AM
KapG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014cupwinners View Post
How about Jacob De La Rose and a 2nd. Tampa could use a C prospect with some size, now that Lecavalier is gone.
How the ****s that going to get you a 65 point forward? You've gotta be trolling or just acting stupid. Lol

KapG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 08:49 AM
mrinsane

Gorges vs Purcell+ is a good start

mrinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 11:11 AM
VL55

Why do we need Purcell?

Last I checked, we were 3rd in scoring last year and this year we scored 7 goals in 2 games so far. Lack of scoring is not an issue with this team.

It's our D that needs improvement and so does Tampa so how could we be good trading partners?

VL55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Steve Yzerman
A Great Season

vCash: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by VL55 View Post
Why do we need Purcell?

Last I checked, we were 3rd in scoring last year and this year we scored 7 goals in 2 games so far. Lack of scoring is not an issue with this team.

It's our D that needs improvement and so does Tampa so how could we be good trading partners?
You were 5th in scoring last year, not 3rd. Tampa was third. Maybe you didn't check properly?

Steve Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 01:14 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Yzerman View Post
You were 5th in scoring last year, not 3rd. Tampa was third. Maybe you didn't check properly?
4th tied with Washington. Still, offense isn't needed.

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Binary Code
How do I change that

vCash: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Yzerman View Post
It's a difference of .02 gpg what a shame, Tampa is sooooooo much better

Binary Code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 06:33 PM
hockeyrules123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peso View Post
What would the bolts want from the Habs for him.

He would be ideal with Pacioretty.

Would be complemented well with the Egg line right behind them.
Someone in this league wants Purcell? They can have him.

hockeyrules123 is offline   Reply With Quote