HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sebastian Collberg - (Part III: The Collberg Report)

Closed Thread

Old
09-06-2013, 06:22 PM
domdo345

vCash: 500
So is Colberg putting up points versus men? Glad for the kid. No matter how the development is going, when you are a sniper and you are not producing, it's in the back of your mind. I really wish we would see him for the training camp, to see how he is compared to other prospects. Next year is gonna be an exciting training camp that's for sure!

Old
09-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Belso

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/wo...rs-summer-camp

"Once again Collberg was the elite standout for the Swedish squad, but today's game ended on a sour note.

Sebastian Collberg continued to be the top forward for Sweden today, dominating the first half of the game with two goals and an assist.

Unfortunately though, Collberg when down awkwardly and couldn't return to the game. A twisted knee is just a guess at this point, but it's far better than what it initially looked like, which was a tear similar to what Alexei Emelin suffered last season, or Andrei Markov before him. Hopefully it's just minor but painful and something Collberg can recover from quickly.

UPDATE: Collberg had no swelling in his knee today, which suggests that the injury was relatively minor. His coach said he may play on Wednesday but the decision is not made yet."

Old
09-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Is it still pre-season for SHL ?

Old
09-08-2013, 09:58 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Is it still pre-season for SHL ?
European trophy, I believe.

Old
09-08-2013, 10:03 AM
poetryinmotion

Injury prone?

Old
09-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Sthabs

That article is from august 5th .

Old
09-08-2013, 10:12 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthabs View Post
That article is from august 5th .
Had a feeling it was old...

Old
09-08-2013, 11:00 AM
EveryDay

He play 3 days ago...... He's fine.

Old
09-08-2013, 06:26 PM
KRM

He played yesterday but didn't finish the game. Career ECHLer Devin DiDiomete went after him and he didn't return.

Old
09-08-2013, 06:37 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

he's injured, he's not injured now he's injured.

Aren't we lucky.

Old
09-08-2013, 08:30 PM
S Bah

Over years of watching hockey, it's rare that teams give preferential treatment to a player. Of course there are exceptions to the rule like; Guy Lafleur, Gilbert Perreault, Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux.

Every generation has new prospects that standout and it appears that Sebastian Collberg falls into that category. At first his shooting and scoring brought attention to him for his play at the WJHC's in his draft year. Luckily the Habs had noticed his all around game, tireless checker that wants the puck and knows what to do with it.

Passing and setting plays up are other talents shining through with the experience he's gained playing in the Allvenskan and the Elitserien men's leagues in Sweden.

Collberg's play in Sweden is no secret, but it's his play in August that really drew attention across the NHL, he's not a secret anymore. I'm glad the Habs have brought in players like Parros, Prust and Doug Murray to make room for our smaller skilled forwards and protect them from headhunters.

Finally the Habs can play hockey the way it's supposed to be played, without all the cheapshot ringers trying to intimidate our team. One only needs to look at the teams in the Eastern Conference to see how badly the league's officiating has been.

That being the reason for all the hackers and headhunters on each team, I guess a lot of them had friends of that ilk that wanted the money NHLers get for bodyguards.

But that's a story for my great grand children years from now. The one I'm truly interested in is the Habs winning the SC as it's always been.

Old
09-08-2013, 08:34 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
He played yesterday but didn't finish the game. Career ECHLer Devin DiDiomete went after him and he didn't return.
What a ****er. What happened?

Old
09-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post

Aren't we lucky.
He sure seem to be on the weak side in terms of physical durability... I hope he gets stronger or else its gonna be tough to become a full time nhler.

Old
09-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Over years of watching hockey, it's rare that teams give preferential treatment to a player. Of course there are exceptions to the rule like; Guy Lafleur, Gilbert Perreault, Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux.

Every generation has new prospects that standout and it appears that Sebastian Collberg falls into that category. At first his shooting and scoring brought attention to him for his play at the WJHC's in his draft year. Luckily the Habs had noticed his all around game, tireless checker that wants the puck and knows what to do with it.

Passing and setting plays up are other talents shining through with the experience he's gained playing in the Allvenskan and the Elitserien men's leagues in Sweden.

Collberg's play in Sweden is no secret, but it's his play in August that really drew attention across the NHL, he's not a secret anymore. I'm glad the Habs have brought in players like Parros, Prust and Doug Murray to make room for our smaller skilled forwards and protect them from headhunters.

Finally the Habs can play hockey the way it's supposed to be played, without all the cheapshot ringers trying to intimidate our team. One only needs to look at the teams in the Eastern Conference to see how badly the league's officiating has been.

That being the reason for all the hackers and headhunters on each team, I guess a lot of them had friends of that ilk that wanted the money NHLers get for bodyguards.

But that's a story for my great grand children years from now. The one I'm truly interested in is the Habs winning the SC as it's always been.
Love how you just put Gilbert perreault up there with big boys, you have beautiful optimism by the way

Old
09-08-2013, 11:57 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe Armstrong View Post
Love how you just put Gilbert perreault up there with big boys, you have beautiful optimism by the way
Wow I'm a homeboy through and through, but to not love and admire Perreault's talent is tantamount to cheering for Boston in my mind. I would rather die than cheer for any team other than Montreal or Team Canada. If you know any friends that have hockey video's either try to rent, borrow or buy the Team Canada 76 video set, it has all the Canadian games.

Team Canada had Bobby Hull, Bobby Orr, Dionne, Lafleur, Perreault, R.Martin, Shutt, S.Savard, P.Mahovlich, B.Gainey, G.Lapointe, L.Robinson, D.Potvin, B.Barber, B.Clarke, R.Leach, D.Sittler, L.MacDonald, P.Esposito, R.Vachon, C.Resch, G.Cheevers, Watson Brothers from Philly rounded out the team.

After watching Perreault play on Team Canada let's see if your mind changes about how good he truly was, he sure opened my eyes after cheering him on as a Hab fan.

Old
09-09-2013, 12:06 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Wow I'm a homeboy through and through, but to not love and admire Perreault's talent is tantamount to cheering for Boston in my mind. I would rather die than cheer for any team other than Montreal or Team Canada. If you know any friends that have hockey video's either try to rent, borrow or buy the Team Canada 76 video set, it has all the Canadian games.

Team Canada had Bobby Hull, Bobby Orr, Dionne, Lafleur, Perreault, R.Martin, Shutt, S.Savard, P.Mahovlich, B.Gainey, G.Lapointe, L.Robinson, D.Potvin, B.Barber, B.Clarke, R.Leach, D.Sittler, L.MacDonald, P.Esposito, R.Vachon, C.Resch, G.Cheevers, Watson Brothers from Philly rounded out the team.

After watching Perreault play on Team Canada let's see if your mind changes about how good he truly was, he sure opened my eyes after cheering him on as a Hab fan.
Perreault is one of the most underrated players of all time imo. He was very similar to Mark Messier and was definitely a better fighter. His combination of skill and toughness seems to have went largely unnoticed.

Old
09-09-2013, 06:09 AM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post

Aren't we lucky.
Haven't heard anything about an injury, he just didn't finish the game after Didiomete went after him at the boards.

Frölunda and Färjestad played back to back games Friday and Saturday, Didiomete got a Game Misconduct after this in the first game. Kept hitting the goalie even when he was down on the ice, and when he was sent off the ice he went after another Frölunda player on his way from the penalty box. How he was not assessed a Match Penalty and suspended for the following game is beyond me.

Old
09-09-2013, 08:22 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Haven't heard anything about an injury, he just didn't finish the game after Didiomete went after him at the boards.

Frölunda and Färjestad played back to back games Friday and Saturday, Didiomete got a Game Misconduct after this in the first game. Kept hitting the goalie even when he was down on the ice, and when he was sent off the ice he went after another Frölunda player on his way from the penalty box. How he was not assessed a Match Penalty and suspended for the following game is beyond me.
Welcome to the NHL...

...Oups!

Old
09-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Hullois

"Collberg, qui est sous contrat en Suède, a confié qu'il resterait en Amérique, si le Canadien lui faisait de la place à Montréal ou à Hamilton."

Collberg saying he will stay in NA if he can play in MTL or Hamilton?

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...7_accueil_POS1

Old
09-17-2013, 01:01 PM
jedimyrmidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post
"Collberg, qui est sous contrat en Suède, a confié qu'il resterait en Amérique, si le Canadien lui faisait de la place à Montréal ou à Hamilton."

Wouldn't be surprised if the reporter added the Hamilton part himself.

Old
09-17-2013, 03:38 PM
24Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post

Nice. Hamilton should be one beast of a team. What will Louis L's girl tweet when he's sent to the ECHL?

Old
09-18-2013, 06:02 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Aaaa yeees, for the first time playing simultaneously with the senior team, Collberg and Victor Backman. Together they tore the J20 SuperElit apart in 2010-11.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
MB and MLapointe think that Collberg is very near NHL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
At first I thought that title was crap, then I understood.
Interesting story KRM, that Backman dude seems interesting (his EP pic is awesome lol)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Would be nice if they could stick together in an offensive role.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Cups View Post
Nice. Hamilton should be one beast of a team. What will Louis L's girl tweet when he's sent to the ECHL?
From what I've seen Backman should be invited or signed to a PTO and Gagne given a contract to play for the Habs at 33 he's far from washed up. What that has to say about the futures of the others is get ready for a shot in the NHL and seize the opportunity with everything in your power. As it was in the 50's, 60's and 70's earn that position and work harder than ever every day to keep it.

Old
10-03-2013, 12:07 PM
neil2005

Even thouh theres a new head coach in Frolunda, nothing has changed with Collberg and the ice time he should get. Starting on 4th line today. Probably should have stayed in the AHL, at least he would get the icetime there.

Old
10-03-2013, 12:16 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil2005 View Post
Even thouh theres a new head coach in Frolunda, nothing has changed with Collberg and the ice time he should get. Starting on 4th line today. Probably should have stayed in the AHL, at least he would get the icetime there.
Well, 2 coaches in a row has to mean something. Plus he wasn't impressive at the training camp. He's far from the NHL, if you ask me.

Old
10-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil2005 View Post
Being away at an NHL training camp while other young players on the team start to shine (like Leafs prospect Andreas Johnson, who has had an amazing start to the season) will do that to you.

Collberg will have to earn his spot and put in the hard work to move up to the depth charts, new coach or not. And like I've said before in these topics, if Collberg can't earn ice time in the SHL, he's never going to do it in the NHL.

Closed Thread