HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL: OMG HOCKEY Edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2013, 09:42 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers_23 View Post
Lovejoy knee-on-knee'd MacKinnon with under 30 seconds to go. It looked unintentional as the Ducks had just turned the puck over and MacK turned right into where Lovejoy was, didn't really have a good camera angle but I don't think Lovejoy stuck his knee out.

Roy ices his good McLeod and Bordeleau next shift, Bordeleau starts taking shots at Ducks right after the puck drop. A scrum happened right in front of the Avs bench. Roy starts yapping at Corey Perry, then Boudreau comes over and get in on the yapping. Roy pushed the glass stanchion separating the benches and it falls toward Boudreau, a couple Ducks players push it back.
wow I definitely didn't see that...fell asleep

Old
10-03-2013, 09:42 AM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

vCash: 243
worth noting that Corey Perry sprayed Roy with his water bottle. Dude is the biggest ******* in the NHL in my opinion.

Old
10-03-2013, 09:44 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Lovejoy knee-on-knee'd MacKinnon with under 30 seconds to go. It looked unintentional as the Ducks had just turned the puck over and MacK turned right into where Lovejoy was, didn't really have a good camera angle but I don't think Lovejoy stuck his knee out.

Roy ices his good McLeod and Bordeleau next shift, Bordeleau starts taking shots at Ducks right after the puck drop. A scrum happened right in front of the Avs bench. Roy starts yapping at Corey Perry, then Boudreau comes over and get in on the yapping. Roy pushed the glass stanchion separating the benches and it falls toward Boudreau, a couple Ducks players push it back.
So not a whole lot. Roy setting a tone. I like it.

Old
10-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
worth noting that Corey Perry sprayed Roy with his water bottle. Dude is the biggest ******* in the NHL in my opinion.
Perry is indeed a ****** and may have initiated the yapping with Roy, but Roy has to realize he can't get that heated with a player. That was Boudreau's point in the post game presser, said it was bush league of him to yap at a player. I agree, Perry was trying to get a rise out of him and it worked.

Can't wait to see what else his crazy ass does this year, the Avs just became so much more entertaining to watch...

Old
10-03-2013, 09:48 AM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
Yeah and PAP is pretty good, also.

Sather blew it all up. Now we're a soft bunch. Gonna be very easy to play against us, unlike the Avs.
Yeah because the two players you are talking about are hard to play against, real gritty...

Old
10-03-2013, 09:49 AM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
He actually sprayed ROR. I thought it was pretty funny tbh but ROR went off on him

Old
10-03-2013, 09:52 AM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Other games I'm interested in tonight: LA vs MINN, NJ vs PITT and FL vs DAL just to see how Seguin does in his Stars debut and how Barkov and Huberdeau look for the Panthers.

Old
10-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
He had an impressive assist last night. I think the signing is going to turn out to be a very good one, especially since they got him for multiple years.

I mean Grabovski is also a steal at his cap hit, but he is only signed for one season.

I didn't watch the game, but going by the boxscore and highlights Toronto doesn't seem to have changed much since last season. They still get dominated 5v5 and rely on high percentags to win, it will not last.

If Philly can keep up their level of play from yesterday, they will challenge for a playoff spot despite Mason's awfulness. If Emery can give them decent goaltending in his starts they may even reach the Penguins/Rangers echelon. But I don't think he can handle the 55+ starts he would have to play for that to happen.
Seems like I was talking a bit out of my ass on this one, hadn't checked the stats properly. The Flyers' shot advantage came from their PP opportunities, the Leafs actually outshot them 5v5 even though the Flyers had more shot attempts. Still I'd say that 5v5 play was pretty even going by the stat sheet.

Old
10-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

vCash: 243
definitely want to keep an eye on Dallas vs. Florida. I have Dallas as a sleeper team in the west.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
He actually sprayed ROR. I thought it was pretty funny tbh but ROR went off on him
ahhhh really? It's not as funny anymore love that guy though. He's such a p.o.s it's amazing

Old
10-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 49m

Dreger on TSN Radio "don't believe Kadri was hurt. I know, from talking to team officials, there was some frustration with his faceoffs"
Randy Carlyle and his... unique brand of coaching.

Old
10-03-2013, 11:34 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Pretty cool that Seth Jones makes his NHL debut on his birthday.

He turns 19 today.

Old
10-03-2013, 11:36 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington 2m
Pominville signs five-year extension with #Wild #Sabres http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id...id=DL|MIN|home
Pominville off the market. The Rangers are so slow with everything they do. Unbelievable.

Old
10-03-2013, 11:45 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Frank Seravalli ‏@DNFlyers 3m
Flyers announce they've sent Scott Laughton back to OHL Oshawa without playing a game. Kris Newbury is recalled from AHL to be 13th forward.
Newbs sticking in the NHL for now as the 13th forward for the Flyers.

Old
10-03-2013, 11:48 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 29s
Five-year, $28 million extension for Jason Pominville with #mnwild...($5.6 AAV)
Very good deal for an underrated player. Takes him to 35. Reasonable. Callahan-esque player with better stats. Maybe Callahan gets 5-5.5?

Old
10-03-2013, 12:06 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 1m
Urbom claimed by Washington
Devils lost a "key" piece

Old
10-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Very good deal for an underrated player. Takes him to 35. Reasonable. Callahan-esque player with better stats. Maybe Callahan gets 5-5.5?
I don't see the similarities TBH, other than that they are right handed shots playing right wing and captained a NY state franchise.

Some interesting tweets from Eric Tulsky regarding Pommes Frites' contract extension:
Quote:
Eric T. ‏@BSH_EricT 10m

Prob goes without saying that a contract covering ages 31-35 is better in the near term than the long term, but Pominville's interesting...
Quote:
Eric T. ‏@BSH_EricT 10m

Pominville's coring is almost dead flat (even strength pts/60 of 2.2, 2.2, 2.2, 2.2, 2.1 the last 5 yrs), which looks encouraging...
Quote:
Eric T. ‏@BSH_EricT 9m

But on-ice sh% (which has a lot of luck to it and heavily drives points) has gone 8.4% - 8.6% - 7.9% - 9.4% - 10.9%
Quote:
Eric T. ‏@BSH_EricT 9m

Is Pominville in a sneaky decline that's been masked by shooting percentage variance? Given his age, I'm inclined to bet yes.

Old
10-03-2013, 12:17 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Yeah because the two players you are talking about are hard to play against, real gritty...
I didn't say they were, but they are ex Rangers, and now very effective players.

The Avalanche as a team will be very hard to play against.

Old
10-03-2013, 12:19 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Perry is indeed a ****** and may have initiated the yapping with Roy, but Roy has to realize he can't get that heated with a player. That was Boudreau's point in the post game presser, said it was bush league of him to yap at a player. I agree, Perry was trying to get a rise out of him and it worked.

Can't wait to see what else his crazy ass does this year, the Avs just became so much more entertaining to watch...
From everything I've ever heard, Roy is a Pat Kane level entitled, arrogant ******* himself. You can make the age-old argument that as good as he was he was entitled to be a dick, but that doesn't change the fact that he's a dick.

Old
10-03-2013, 12:47 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
I don't see the similarities TBH, other than that they are right handed shots playing right wing and captained a NY state franchise.

Some interesting tweets from Eric Tulsky regarding Pommes Frites' contract extension:
Scores 55-70 points, Right handed, good PKer, leader, finishes his checks, doesn't play dirty, plays on the PP.

They have a lot of similarities.

I'm not sure he can replicate 70 points, but he is pretty good for 55-65 with good 2-way play. Considering what Kessel just got, this is a great deal.

Old
10-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Malhotra trying to get his career back on track.

always been a fan of his..

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=433318

Old
10-03-2013, 01:17 PM
ecemleafs

pominville contract is a really good contract when it comes to callahan. pominville is a superior offensive player and didnt get excessive years and dollars.

Old
10-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
Devils lost a "key" piece
Key piece?

Old
10-03-2013, 01:29 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
Key piece?
No. "Key" piece.

Old
10-03-2013, 01:31 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
Key piece?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
No. "Key" piece.
Exactly.

Old
10-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Scores 55-70 points, Right handed, good PKer, leader, finishes his checks, doesn't play dirty, plays on the PP.

They have a lot of similarities.

I'm not sure he can replicate 70 points, but he is pretty good for 55-65 with good 2-way play. Considering what Kessel just got, this is a great deal.
I'd mark down Callahan as a 25-30 goal 45-55 point winger, not really in Pominville's territory offensively.

Pominville is also not as physical as Callahan.

Pom's contract is probably good for Callahan's negotiations though. If he "only" gets $5.6M/year, Callahan shouldn't get more than ~$5M/year even factoring in age.

Closed Thread