HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ilya Bryzgalov Signs Try-Out Agreement With ECHL's Las Vegas Wranglers

Old
10-03-2013, 03:33 AM
boredmale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEROLE Vatanen View Post
this is a ******** conspiracy these NHL teams mean to tell me there are 60 better goalies in the league than him? garbage
It's probably a case he priced himself out of a job. I am guessing somebody would probably sign him if the price was low enough but when you already have your starter and he wants 2.5-4M that hurts the cap bigtime

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 03:49 AM
Bank Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
That's an exaggeration. He played at an NHL backup/AHL starter level.
Did he?

He was 39th out of 45 of the "qualified leaders" in save %.

The only 5 goaltenders out of the "qualified leaders" that finished with a worse save percentage then Bryzgalov were Garon, Peters, Clemmenson, Kiprusoff, and Hedberg.

I think all of those goalies are out of the NHL as well.

Bank Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 04:10 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
This can't be true, but if it is, some great show of balls to work on his game and get back in the NHL.

He has the $ already, he is doing this for pride

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 05:17 AM
sailorjerry96

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckbin15 View Post
nope, edmonton. -32
him and his agent already approached edmonton saying they want to sign with them or be willing to sign with them.. something along those lines

sailorjerry96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 06:39 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterbehatin View Post
I really don't understand all the shock to this. Surely it's just to stay in shape and in the Country while he waits for an NHL offer to his liking. A lot easier to relocate to an NHL team than to try to negotiate a release in a KHL contract.
That was my take on this situation. Bryz wants to stay in tbe nhl. Right now there are no openings, but he will wait and see if some team's goaltending falls apart or suffers a serious injury.

He will stay in playing shape, while waiting on a call from an nhl team.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 07:04 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

I can't see this happening. I'm sure there's several AHL teams that would sign him. At 550k , I'm sure there'd be some NHL team too.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenbergg View Post
Im a flyers fan and jesus christ I feel terrible for this guy. He was thrown under the bus here way more often than not and got chewed alive by the dickheads in our media. He is an NHL player. Guess his off ice stuff really was that bad though. Most of guys on Flyers didnt like him, especially Brayden Schenn
As a Flyers fan, I have not heard this before regarding Schenn. Do you know why? PM me if needed.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 09:01 AM
EDDIE20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
Bryz and Vegas should be fun.
There's plenty of desert there. He'll be able to see the UFO clearly.

EDDIE20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 10:12 AM
aemoreira1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus View Post
That is a very reasonable reason. He is still a very good goalie.
Plus, return waivers don't apply to the ECHL. They would apply if Bryz played in Europe; he would have to stay the entire season there. But having said that, with Tomas Vokoun's career in jeopardy (blood clots - his prognosis is 3-6 months, and the regular season is 6.5 months), might Bryz be a short-term option in Pittsburgh? The Pens say that they have no plans to add a backup, but I cannot see them going with a career AHLer for the entire season as the backup.

Bryz last year was over-worked. Until they got Steve Mason, they had no reliable backup.

aemoreira1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 10:46 AM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEROLE Vatanen View Post
this is a ******** conspiracy these NHL teams mean to tell me there are 60 better goalies in the league than him? garbage
I have to say I agree. Did the league blackball this guy for being too outspoken or odd? What is going on? He can't even get an AHL contract? ECHL? I can probably hang in the bottom six in the ECHL. God knows I've played with enough guys who have been there.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 10:48 AM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
It's probably a case he priced himself out of a job. I am guessing somebody would probably sign him if the price was low enough but when you already have your starter and he wants 2.5-4M that hurts the cap bigtime
So rather than settle for less and play in the NHL, he'll settle for less in the ECHL instead?

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Mrb1p

This is freaking ridiculous. Bryzgalov is a good goalie.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Maybe one day Fleury will finally get bought out and he and Bryz will meet again in the ECHL playoffs.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Sounds like a good start for a reality show.

"I think part of his game is he’s over aggressive at times, which I like. We’ll tame that. I’d rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 11:56 AM
djdub
#6cups

I just don't get how Edmonton would rather have Jason ***ing LaBarbera than Bryz, I just don't understand the thought process.

djdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 12:32 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

What a fall from grace. Here I sat a few years ago thinkin he was the real deal who would lead Philly to the promised land after a couple good seasons in Phoenix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdub View Post
I just don't get how Edmonton would rather have Jason ***ing LaBarbera than Bryz, I just don't understand the thought process.
Bryzgalov may just have a negative impact in the dressing room. Thats the only explanation I have for it.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 12:50 PM
tony d
The man

Wow. And yet teams like Edmonton, Calgary and the Islanders have ? marks in net. I think they could use Bryzgalov a lot more than an ECHL team.

People got to learn how to use punctuation. On our radio ads the other day a black man's wallet was reported as missing. Instead of a man's wallet black in colour missing a black man's wallet is missing.
tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 01:09 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
What a fall from grace. Here I sat a few years ago thinkin he was the real deal who would lead Philly to the promised land after a couple good seasons in Phoenix.

Bryzgalov may just have a negative impact in the dressing room. Thats the only explanation I have for it.
Plus he's scared of bears and thinks aliens are circling him....

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 03:14 PM
natemm

Name me all the 30yr+ goalies that went from the Echl to NHL.

natemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 03:17 PM
natemm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Those same people think Mike Smith will be in the Olympics.

natemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 04:34 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK Pilot 76 View Post
I have to say I agree. Did the league blackball this guy for being too outspoken or odd? What is going on? He can't even get an AHL contract? ECHL? I can probably hang in the bottom six in the ECHL. God knows I've played with enough guys who have been there.
This is likely just a contract to keep himself warm for when a contract does come his way. Most NHL teams don't like having...odd...personalities in their dressing room. Team cohesiveness is hard to attain when one guy is a bit of an oddball. That, and his average at best play since leaving Phoenix, makes him a hard guy to want. There don't need to be 60 better goalies. There needs to be a single team who is in such desperate need for a goalie, that they sign him. A lot of teams don't need a goalie at all, some others don't want to take the chance on a crazy backup goalie. I would imagine that he gets a shot partway through the year, if a team with a poor backup sees their starter go down, or a team with a young goalie they are taking a chance on sees their guy flounder. Could be Edmonton, could be Calgary, could be Pittsburgh if Vokoun is out long term and Fleury struggles or gets injured. Its hard to say, but no team has a roster spot right now, and he may well have been looking for a long term deal, or a big payday. I'm sure teams pass on players regularly based on guys wanting too much money or term. This could be one of those situations.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 04:42 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdub View Post
Because Labarbara isn't bat poo crazy.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Mystifo
Malkin To Kulemin.

Maybe he just wants to settle down and what better place to do so than Las Vegas?

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Treb

Watch him get a GAA < 1.00 ans a SVS% > .980.

He'll make them win the cup, then get a multi-million deal by the flyers, again.

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Jaqen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Maybe he just wants to settle down and what better place to do so than Las Vegas?
Uh, almost any place?

I don't think anyone has ever moved to Las Vegas to "settle down".

Jaqen is offline   Reply With Quote