HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Maxwell & White 3rd and 4th in WHL scoring

Old
11-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Mike The Wall

vCash: 500
Maxwell & White 3rd and 4th in WHL scoring

Our farm of prospects is getting better and better White and Maxwell are 3rd and
4th in the scoring lead in the WHL. Way to go Trevor Timmins!
http://whl.ca/stats/statdisplay.php?type=top_scorers

Mike The Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 02:29 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Maxwell will turn out to be a stud for us.I really like that pick and couldn't believe he was still available.Great job by the scouting staff

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 02:29 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike The Wall View Post
Our farm of prospects is getting better and better White and Maxwell are 3rd and
4th in the scoring lead in the WHL. Way to go Trevor Timmins!
http://whl.ca/stats/statdisplay.php?type=top_scorers
Totally stunned as far as White's numbers...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 02:52 PM
KBstyle

White was on fire these past week.

Last edited by KBstyle: 11-28-2006 at 04:51 PM.
KBstyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 03:05 PM
24cups1team

Send a message via MSN to 24cups1team
great to hear all these positive things about our prospects, how long til they can prove themselves in the nhl/ahl.?

24cups1team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBstyle View Post
White was in fire these past week.
Damn, I hope he got out without severe burns, could really have an impact on his future.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 03:28 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityhab View Post
great to hear all these positive things about our prospects, how long til they can prove themselves in the nhl/ahl.?
2008-09 season = they will have turn 20

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Habs fan on a bad day:

"WHAT?? Ryan White is right behind Maxwell now??? What's up with Maxwell, he's struggling big times since a few weeks"

Habs fan on a good day:

"WHAT? Ryan White is right behind Maxwell now??? Where the hell is he coming from???? That's just nice"

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 04:11 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Might as well add Mathieu Carle, who leads the QMJHL in scoring for defensemen at a .69 pt per game average. He's just outside the top 25 in total scoring although he's a 19 year old so he's at this 4th year in the Q.

Still it's looking very good in the early stages for the '06 draft. Maxwell, White and Carle are making a name for themselves in the CHL, plus Fischer is adpating well in the NCAA, should be that puck moving defensemen we need although we are talking years from now for these guys. It's great to see them get off to a good start.

Also what I find impressive is Matt D'Agostini, a 190th overall in '05 with only 2 years in the OHL, jumps right into the AHL and is 1 pt outside the top 20 in rookie scoring in the league, tied for the team lead in rookie scoring with Grabovski, despite turning 20 around 30 days ago.

I wrote a little about the good start for the farm system.

http://www.habprospects.com/modules....article&sid=37

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 04:13 PM
Kafka

Yep, White is currently a big surprise. No one expected him to put those numbers, and I now wonder if both could make team canada in a month. The only problem for both is that the 2005 class is still eligible, and that year was filled with talented players. Still, Maxwell and White will be there in 07-08 for sure.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Might as well add Mathieu Carle, who leads the QMJHL in scoring for defensemen at a .69 pt per game average. He's just outside the top 25 in total scoring although he's a 19 year old so he's at this 4th year in the Q.

Still it's looking very good in the early stages for the '06 draft. Maxwell, White and Carle are making a name for themselves in the CHL, plus Fischer is adpating well in the NCAA, should be that puck moving defensemen we need although we are talking years from now for these guys. It's great to see them get off to a good start.

Also what I find impressive is Matt D'Agostini, a 190th overall in '05 with only 2 years in the OHL, jumps right into the AHL and is 1 pt outside the top 20 in rookie scoring in the league, tied for the team lead in rookie scoring with Grabovski, despite turning 20 around 30 days ago.

All good news. I'm particularly impressed with D'Agostini's numbers. I haven't seen much of him, but he's struck me as a real darkhorse type of prospect, the kind of guy who's game will translate well to the pros as an all-around solid, Johnson-esque type. But, again, I haven't seen enough of him to speak with any authority, just nebulous impressions.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 05:29 PM
turnbuckle*

Quote:

Good stuff Dan as always.

I've had a good feeling about D'Agostini since last year's rookie camp. The kid is plain and simply a player, and reminds me of Ryder in terms of the quick learning curve. To go from junior A to solid pro within three seasons is impressive.

Last edited by turnbuckle*: 11-28-2006 at 05:34 PM. Reason: sp.
turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Maxpac

so de we now consider White as a prospect with a certain offensive potential? a Stoll type maybe? With is physique and the fact he likes the dirty stuff that kid could become a very useful player, my question is who do you guys think that Maxwell and White look like in the NHL?

Last edited by Maxpac: 01-11-2007 at 01:59 PM.
Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 07:14 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun View Post
Habs fan on a bad day:

"WHAT?? Ryan White is right behind Maxwell now??? What's up with Maxwell, he's struggling big times since a few weeks"

Habs fan on a good day:

"WHAT? Ryan White is right behind Maxwell now??? Where the hell is he coming from???? That's just nice"
Geez !!!

with all that talent that is comming , i am not sure that we are going to be able to find a spot to Crosby , when he will be a free agent .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 10:10 PM
SpezNc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
Yep, White is currently a big surprise. No one expected him to put those numbers, and I now wonder if both could make team canada in a month. The only problem for both is that the 2005 class is still eligible, and that year was filled with talented players. Still, Maxwell and White will be there in 07-08 for sure.
He is for sure a long shot for team Canada and we don't know how think Canada's management about him!!

But, that's said,

If the're is any 3rd rounder that can make the team as a 18 yr old, it's probably him!

He can plays any role.. As well offense or a character role... he can bring energy on a 4th line!

SpezNc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 11:59 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:

Ive always beeen a big DaGostini fan since the first time I saw him play.. He reminds me alot of Chis Higgins (even if I dont think he will ever have the same impact), he is a solid prospect to me.

I saw Carle for the first time at the ATD challenge and he was quite brutal in the first period, I was desapointed alot but played better in the 2nd and the third... Still a long way to go but solid passing skills and offensive flair...

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 07:18 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
Well, some of us expected Whitey to continue to improve and put way more than last seasons 53 points on the scoring sheets.....

sbtatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Trexim

vCash: 694
White is now leading WHL with 55 points in 42 games, 2 more than his last season (53 pts in 72 games)

Maxwell is close behind with 53 points in 39 games.

Trexim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
so de we now consider White as a prospect with a certain offensive potential? a Stoll type maybe? With is physique and the fact he likes the dirty stuff that kid could become a very useful player, my question is who do you guys think that Maxwell and White look like in the NHL?
Can someone answer my questions pretty please? Soemone who watches WHL hockey maybe?

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 03:02 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
Can someone answer my questions pretty please? Soemone who watches WHL hockey maybe?
White plays a lil like Brent Sutter and Maxwell a lil like the Sedins or Marleau, smooth with a low panic point. Of course,they both have a long way to go before they reach that level though.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 03:04 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Peter Mueller(may be spelt wrong) has been the most dominant player in the league it may be noted.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote