HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Centers to trade for...

Old
11-27-2006, 11:26 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
LA have no reason to do that trade.
No reason? Well, I can't agree since they could very well use Abby and Souray would probably like to sign there...

But, I agree that they would likely not do that trade. Right now, I would take Visnovsky over Souray without the fact that Souray is an UFA. Also, I think that if they wait until deadline, Conroy will attract some interest and they will obviously get more than the package proposed.

IMO, that's not a bad proposal but I don't think LA would do it and I'm not sure Gainey would want to do that right now. However, I would do it!

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 03:54 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch-22 View Post
If the management in Dallas thought that he could score 1 ppg and help the team win, why do you think they haven't given him more ice time yet?
2 reasons ;

Modano
Lindros

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
Abby + Souray for Visnovsky + Conroy
anyone?
im not so sure about visnovsky, but conroy is interesting, and i beleive there could be a deal to be made with LA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
All things considered, my choice is:

Joe Nieuwendyk.
I like this plan based on the many Ifs that were previously stated, i see him solely as a rental for the playoff run, but i think he could help the team.

in the end i think we need to trade souray AND niinima, and pick up another d man somewhere. they would be subtracted from the team and we would need to add another good top 3 D and a #2 center somehow. this may also be helped by incuding any of abby, samsanov or ryder.

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 04:47 PM
MXD

I'd really like to do a Souray for Getzlaf trade, but I don't see the point for Anaheim in trading Getzlaf when they could get Souray free on Jul. 1st.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Taupy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
I'd really like to do a Souray for Getzlaf trade, but I don't see the point for Anaheim in trading Getzlaf when they could get Souray free on Jul. 1st.
And I don't see the point for Anaheim to trade Getzlaf who is one huge part of their future.

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2006, 05:50 PM
smnhppu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Not to mention they have no need for another offensive d-man what with Pronger, Niedermayer, Beauchemin. Souray is our most tradeable asset (we'll lose him at season's end anyways) but a team missing an offensive D-Man would be most interested. Edmonton comes to mind, but they're thin up the middle too. Same situation in Atlanta and Carolina. Vancouver also comes to mind (they're playing pylons on D) but I'm not interested in Morrison - though he might mork between Samsonov and Kovalev.

Ottawa has the need for an effective offensive defensemen, and the assets to trade (Fisher, Vermette) but there is no way these two teams trade.

smnhppu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 05:04 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldat Samsonov View Post
Olli jokinen someone?
5 years, 5.2 millions$....
I'd love to get Jokinen, more than Richards or Lecavalier or Forsberg. But I doubt he's available. He's the centerpiece of (an admittedly disappointing) Florida team. I'd pay a pretty price for him too, assuming Florida could take back equal salary.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
I'd love to get Jokinen, more than Richards or Lecavalier or Forsberg. But I doubt he's available. He's the centerpiece of (an admittedly disappointing) Florida team. I'd pay a pretty price for him too, assuming Florida could take back equal salary.
Jokinen is the type of center that we need, a huge physical playmaker, Imo he's the missing piece of the puzzle for us to become legetimate stanley cup contenders

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote