HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Murray & Parros practicing with the team (no contact) Oct. 25

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Schwang

vCash: 500
I agree that it sounds like Parros may not be out for long, but I think we all have the right to react the way we are based on this team's history.

We're one game in and we've already lost 2 out of 3 of our new acquisitions, so we're basically icing the same team that sucked at the end of the year and sucked in the playoffs. Not to mention Emelin is out for close to 2 months still and now Patches hurts his wrist. On a lesser note, Drewiskie is out for a while too!

So that's 4, possibly 5 players hurt, and we're one game in! Our depth on defence is basically gone for at least another month. People may be over reacting to the length of Parros' injury, but I will say I get scared everytime someone on this team gets hit!

Old
10-03-2013, 04:01 PM
izzy75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwang View Post
Drewiskie is out for a while too!
Honestly, when people mention "Drewiskie" being out as a sign of our weak roster, I think: "Wow, this would be a great year to pull a Panzer or a Sherman".

Old
10-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwang View Post
I agree that it sounds like Parros may not be out for long, but I think we all have the right to react the way we are based on this team's history.

We're one game in and we've already lost 2 out of 3 of our new acquisitions, so we're basically icing the same team that sucked at the end of the year and sucked in the playoffs. Not to mention Emelin is out for close to 2 months still and now Patches hurts his wrist. On a lesser note, Drewiskie is out for a while too!

So that's 4, possibly 5 players hurt, and we're one game in! Our depth on defence is basically gone for at least another month. People may be over reacting to the length of Parros' injury, but I will say I get scared everytime someone on this team gets hit!
It's because we have too many small players, they are all hurt.

Old
10-03-2013, 04:27 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Eller recovered from his concussion pretty soon after. I think we always assume the worst in such gruesome scenes. Concussions can always go both ways, though. Luck of the draw. Hopefully he recovers quickly.

Old
10-03-2013, 05:27 PM
la25ecoupe

Who was injured in game one? 2?

Old
10-03-2013, 05:36 PM
habsfan22

Parros and Patches

Old
10-03-2013, 07:04 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Okay... Any update on Patches????

Old
10-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
So do you think Orr pulled Parros or Parros felt by himself?
I'm guessing you want me to say: Orr pulled Parros. I'm guessing that you then respond, Aha! Orr is responsible. But I reject the question if that's the game.

Orr fell while holding onto Parros -- he didn't do some judo roll, he just lost his balance from getting beat up by a big man who punches faces for a living while wearing skates. Parros hit the ice face first because one arm was holding onto Orr and the other had just finished throwing a punch into midair. If the timing had been such that Parros's right hand was still cocked when Orr went down, the fight would've ended like hundreds of fights end in hockey -- both guys falling to the ice, neither injured.

To me, that illustrates the bad luck. If Parros's right hand wasn't already committed to the follow through of a punch, then he would've naturally, instinctively and certainly used it to break his fall. In fact, he might have even kept his feet.

Anyway, I hope the dude is fine. It was one game only, and not even a full one, but I really liked what he brought. I want to see more of him when he's healthy.

Old
10-03-2013, 08:06 PM
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Eller recovered from his concussion pretty soon after. I think we always assume the worst in such gruesome scenes. Concussions can always go both ways, though. Luck of the draw. Hopefully he recovers quickly.
During the GDT I kept saying that it looked way worse than it was. I'm no expert but from what I know concussions are leagues worse when they torque/rotate the brain/brainstem instead of a head-on collision. Look at the Savard hit, or the Perron, or Crosby. Those ones had his brain ricocheting around and really did massive damage. The skull is meant to withstand a reasonable amount of energy... we can't predict what Parros' injury recovery will be like but I just don't think he'll have Pronger-itis (which, to me, is the most upsetting injury... the man can't play with his children anymore).

Old
10-04-2013, 09:49 AM
EveryDay

Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 24s Absents hier à l'entraînement, Prust et Pacioretty sont de retour sur la glace ce matin. / Prust and Pacioretty are back at practice.

Old
10-04-2013, 09:54 AM
JohnLennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 24s Absents hier à l'entraînement, Prust et Pacioretty sont de retour sur la glace ce matin. / Prust and Pacioretty are back at practice.
Was just going to post this. Good news

Old
10-04-2013, 10:07 AM
Godzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricef View Post
Hab fans always seem to overreact. He has a concussion, big deal. 2 weeks and he's back.
You have clearly never suffered a concussion, have you?

Old
10-04-2013, 10:19 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

I will say the fact he was released from hospital the next day is a great sign. I knew a goalie suffered a concussion and had to stay at the hospital for multiple days.

Old
10-04-2013, 10:23 AM
shutehinside

The fact he fell on his chin versus his head is also promising. He was wearing a helmut so even though his brain probably got a good rattle, the point of contact was far enough from the brain that a lot of the energy would have disappated before reaching his coconut.

Not saying it's not bad but had he fallen directly on his head with no helmet, he might not have gotten up at all. Scary stuff.

Hopefully he'll be fine and take some extra time off considering the nature of his role. Not something you want to happen again soon after a concussion.

Habs should be looking to pick up another tough guy to not have to force Parros back in the line up before he's ready.

Old
10-04-2013, 10:26 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan22 View Post
Parros and Patches
Murray and Drewiske is preseason, man we have some serious bad luck...

Old
10-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Memory loss is a concussion symptom.

Old
10-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Godzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Memory loss is a concussion symptom.
Oh yeah.....I forgot.

Old
10-04-2013, 11:30 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
The fact he fell on his chin versus his head is also promising. He was wearing a helmut so even though his brain probably got a good rattle, the point of contact was far enough from the brain that a lot of the energy would have disappated before reaching his coconut.

Not saying it's not bad but had he fallen directly on his head with no helmet, he might not have gotten up at all. Scary stuff.

Hopefully he'll be fine and take some extra time off considering the nature of his role. Not something you want to happen again soon after a concussion.

Habs should be looking to pick up another tough guy to not have to force Parros back in the line up before he's ready.
Considering our schedule, I think we can get by with Moen-White-Prust for the time being. When we do need a heavy, we can callup Tanarsky. I'd rather him sitting in the pressbox than Bournival.

I'm hoping Parros is good to go with a game or 2 under his belt by November 30th... next time we play the Leafs...

Old
10-04-2013, 11:39 AM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

The fact that players leaves the ice on a stretcher always scares the **** out of us. The blood with Eller & Parros and the fact that Max wasn't moving doesn't help. Man this building is cursed, even when the Bulldogs are playing there, somebody find a way to retire after a hit. Poor Geoffrion.

Let's play a game:

Who will be the next inured player and for how long.

My bet is Gorges for 2 months.

Old
10-04-2013, 11:53 AM
Pricef*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
2 of them actually. The first was during a boxing match and I was back sparing in 9 days. The other was from a motor vehicle accident (flipped my car during a snowstorm), I was at work 3 days later.

Last edited by Pricef*: 10-04-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old
10-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 50
Quote:
2 of them actually. The first was during a boxing match and I was back sparing in 9 days. The other when from a motor vehicle accident (flipped my car during a snowstorm), I was at work 3 days later.
Depends how severe the concussion is... Concussions also affect everyone differently whether its a minor or severe concussion. Remember how long Crosby was out for? And the hits to his head didn't even seem that bad.

Old
10-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Pricef*

It actually depends on a lot of factors (the incident, the individual and the treatment received) Some here are stating he never plays again ,

Old
10-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Godzilla

Quote:
2 of them actually. The first was during a boxing match and I was back sparing in 9 days. The other was from a motor vehicle accident (flipped my car during a snowstorm), I was at work 3 days later.
Well lucky you. I wake up every morning with a headache due to concussions, so its a pretty damn big deal to me.

Old
10-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Phil Parent
HALL PASS BRAH!!

Anybody that plays hockey probably was concussed at least lightly. I was knocked out by an elbow from Kristian Kudroc when I played in Sherbrooke. Missed half the season and got memory problems to this day. I get the shakes too, but I don't know if it's related. And migraines. Also got a baseball accident and a car crash too, so I got shaken up quite a bit.

I probably should have stopped playing. Sometimes afterwards I used to get these... heat waves I guess you could say, just feeling like I've got warm water all over me, while I'm dry as sand and not sweaty or anything. It still happens.

Old
10-04-2013, 01:19 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy75 View Post
Honestly, when people mention "Drewiskie" being out as a sign of our weak roster, I think: "Wow, this would be a great year to pull a Panzer or a Sherman".
Because we're in hot water?

Closed Thread