HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

A Few Teams "Circling" Paul Postma

Old
10-03-2013, 10:05 AM
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al

vCash: 500
Watched this guy in the AHL. Great offensive potential. However, expect him to give up 2-3 odd man rushes per game. Very frustrating to watch, because you know he can do better. If he can tune up his defensive side he will do good things.

At this point he won't get very much, prospect for prospect deal. Maybe a 3rd.

JusticeBeaver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Jesus Christ Horburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Rangers have interest in him commensurate with his actual PP abilities and a little above that additionally as to potential.

What are Jets needs currently?
What is fair/small premium price in your opinion?
IMO, the Jets most glaring need at the moment is a 3rd line LW.

How about something around Postma for Kreider? I haven't followed Kreider much since he tore it up in the playoffs a few years ago, but saw that NYR had sent him down recently.

Jesus Christ Horburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 04:47 PM
allan5oh
Has prospect fever

vCash: 82
That would be a good target. The two roster trades that I think would work are as follows:

1) Postma for 3rd line LW. Good two-way play, preferably a guy that's an RFA for a few couple years. Cheap contract.

2) Postma + for a 2nd pairing LHD. Coburn would be a great example of who we'd want. Someone to play a mean shutdown game with Bogosian. Doesn't have to be offensively talented, we have that in spades.

3) For draft picks, like I said before a 3rd would probably do it.

4) For prospects RW would be the best, someone that projects higher than a 4th liner. LHD would be nice too, preferably with size.

Keep in mind Postma is signed for 2 years at a cap friendly 712.5k that expires into last year of RFA status.

What we don't need:

- top 6 wingers
- bottom 6 centers
- 4th line scrubs
- RHD
- any goalie except a starter that's an upgrade on Pavelec
- JML

Last edited by allan5oh: 10-04-2013 at 11:57 AM.
allan5oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Duir

I'd love Steve Ott as a 3C but I don't know if the Sabres need OFD?

Maybe NYI? Seems they need another OFD? I would be interested in Cizikas but I know it would be Postma +...just not sure what.

Duir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:16 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
IMO, the Jets most glaring need at the moment is a 3rd line LW.

How about something around Postma for Kreider? I haven't followed Kreider much since he tore it up in the playoffs a few years ago, but saw that NYR had sent him down recently.
No, Kreider is not on the table, certainly not for Postma.
Has elite speed and superior shot. Underdeveloped due to lack of pro experience. Torts part of the problem, and bone chips did not help.

We can certainly talk about a LW for Postma.
Hagelin is too much.

Zucarello? Powe? Pyatt? All three?

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:18 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
That would be a good target. The two roster trades that I think would work are as follows:

1) Postma for 3rd line LW. Good two-way play, preferably a guy that's an RFA for a few couple years. Cheap contract.

2) Postma + for a 2nd pairing LHD. Coburn would be a great example of who we'd want. Someone to play a mean shutdown game with Bogosian. Doesn't have to be offensively talented, we have that in spades.

4) For prospects RW would be the best, someone that projects higher than a 4th liner. LHD would be nice too, preferably with size.

Keep in mind Postma is signed for 2 years at a cap friendly 712.5k that expires into last year of RFA status.

What we don't need:

- top 6 wingers
- bottom 6 centers
- 4th line scrubs
- RHD
Thanks this ^ is helpful.
Too much work atm, will try to get back to you over the w/e with concrete suggestions.

Old
10-04-2013, 11:46 AM
KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Quote:

What we don't need:

- top 6 wingers
- bottom 6 centers
- 4th line scrubs
- RHD

JM Liles for Postma

KesselLooksLikeRadar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 11:57 AM
allan5oh
Has prospect fever

vCash: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselLooksLikeRadar View Post

JM Liles for Postma
My post was edited for your pleasure.

allan5oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 04:52 PM
KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Quote:
My post was edited for your pleasure.
Appreciate it

KesselLooksLikeRadar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 07:01 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

With Josi now out for an undetermined amount of time, I'd like for the Preds to take a flyer on Postma. Maybe a mid-round pick or a Nick Spaling headed the other way. Spaling and Halischuk have chemistry and can fill out a good 3rd line.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 11:39 AM
koth

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
With Josi now out for an undetermined amount of time, I'd like for the Preds to take a flyer on Postma. Maybe a mid-round pick or a Nick Spaling headed the other way. Spaling and Halischuk have chemistry and can fill out a good 3rd line.
I would take Spaling for Postma. Spaling can play center on our 3rd line and then we can trade away Jokinen for a bag of pucks.

koth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 03:26 PM
bernmeister

[QUOTE=allan5oh;71941853]That would be a good target. The two roster trades that I think would work are as follows:

What we don't need:

- top 6 wingers
- bottom 6 centers
- 4th line scrubs
- RHD

- JML/QUOTE]

I've done some thinking. If guided by the bold, then a guy like Pyatt who is useful for you only as to a smaller piece, reducing us from paying a 3rd to a 5th which could be upgraded to a 4th, could work. Obviously, the main return is the pick.

We don't match on other areas; Hagelin is too much, Del Zotto is too much.

What might work is a bigger deal in which Postma is a throw-in.

MDZ + Rangers 2014 4th
for
Jets 2014 1st, rights to Burmistrov (as is) + Postma

Jets get their best piece upfront immediately. Will get a mid pick.

Rangers can promote Moore at LD, so that works. The first is not immediate compensation, and the onus will be for them to draft a player at least as good if not better than MDZ from perhaps a similar slot (20th overall).

To offset that NY has to wait (other than Postma, who is a useful niche fit, but only as to a niche unless they can get him to play real D also), Jets add to primary compensation of 1st with rights to Burmi, who may or may not ever return to NHL at reasonable $$, and not likely to be of immediate help to Rangers or anyone else this year.

Value good enough?