HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jarred Tinordi

Old
10-04-2013, 02:26 PM
habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Wasn't so much the Probert comment, I think that Probert was the King, but there are plenty of guys that fought him and did well... Guys like Langdon, Domi, Ewen, Laraque, Brashear, etc... Today's NHL isn't nearly as tough but Orr would have a puncher's chance as he has very heavy hands, Lucic would give him a handful with that reach and strength, and the massive guys would probably lock him out and not bother making much of a fight.

But Tinordi, although a great fighter and a guy I admire greatly, took losses to guys like Darren McCarty, John Kordic gave it to him prety good as he had double vision for days after the fight, and he always seemed to have trouble with smaller guys as Kelly Chase, Shayne Corson and Kris King got him a couple of times.
I'm not disagreeing with tinordi I was ASKING For him to be half of what his father was which would be more than enough to make him one of the toughst fighter in the nhl.

Sure other heavyweights of the day could stand with probert but we will agree to disagree, the people who could stand with probert could stand with anyone in today's nhl and win. Sure lucic could fight him and stand but he wouldn't ko him he couldn't beat Orr and yes probert can easily deal with guys like Orr and lucic.

habs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 02:31 PM
habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Mcgrattan no
MacIntyre No
Orr (could barely handle an old parros let alone probert) no
Scott (could hold his own)
Bordeleau no
Peluso No
etc

Probert wasn't invincible. All those guys would have a legit chance to win a fight again Probert. Even the best lose some fights
Seriously has anyone watched probert?

Old
10-04-2013, 02:40 PM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
I've got hours of Probert footage. There are basically two Probert's though, the one in his prime in Detroit, and the lesser guy in Chicago... The one in Chicago was still dangerous, but he wasn't the killer that he was in Detroit.

Also the getting out of the jersey trick that he used throughout his career, wouldn't be viable in today's NHL.

Again, he's my favorite all time fighter, but he wasn't above taking losses, like everyone else.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Adriatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Mcgrattan
MacIntyre
Orr
Scott
Bordeleau
Peluso
etc

Probert wasn't invincible. All those guys would have a legit chance to win a fight again Probert. Even the best lose some fights
Only guy on that list I would give a shot is Scott.

Adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 03:13 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriatic View Post
Only guy on that list I would give a shot is Scott.
McGratten is the #1 fighter in the league right now, MacIntyre maybe, but he barely counts as an NHLer.

Scott has unreal size, a legit 6'8" 260lbs, but I'd take McGratten and Macintyre over him in a fight. They are the top 3 though.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Halifaxhab*

So......uhhhhh'mmmmmm. Back on topic, I'm looking forward to how he does against a physical team with good speed like Philly on sat night.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Tyson

Tinordi's number one attribute is his ability to play hockey. The added perk is that he will become a feared fighter in the coming years.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 04:24 PM
bud12

Quote:
McGrattan and Macintyre > Scott

do you know what all these guys have in commun? Odelein, Domi, Brashear, Laus, Shelley, Worrel, Low, Odgers, Mackenzie, Belanger, Morisette, McCarthy, Langdon, Twist, Berube, Grimson, Ewen, Semenko, Miller, Brown, Crowder and Clark

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHendrick View Post
The Habs board: where you have multiple threads dedicated to 1st-round picks/prospects in which the main point of discussion is whether or not they can fight Lucic
iknowrite.

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 04:47 PM
habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
So......uhhhhh'mmmmmm. Back on topic, I'm looking forward to how he does against a physical team with good speed like Philly on sat night.
He looks a lot faster and more comfy on his skates than last year also more balanced when hitting and such. Hopefully he doesn't make too many mistakes and keeps it simple he shouldn't have a problem vs a team like Philly.

The teams I worry about for tinordi are really fast teams where a mistake will cost dearly, speed improved but he's a big guy and not exactly the fastest.

Old
10-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
He looks a lot faster and more comfy on his skates than last year also more balanced when hitting and such. Hopefully he doesn't make too many mistakes and keeps it simple he shouldn't have a problem vs a team like Philly.

The teams I worry about for tinordi are really fast teams where a mistake will cost dearly, speed improved but he's a big guy and not exactly the fastest.
Philly has a good mix of both types, and is a goog measuring stick game for his style. But Detroit is a true test for how he fares against a fast, relentless forecheck, which will test his speed and decision making.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 05:07 PM
habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Philly has a good mix of both types, and is a goog measuring stick game for his style. But Detroit is a true test for how he fares against a fast, relentless forecheck, which will test his speed and decision making.
Exactly

Old
10-04-2013, 06:11 PM
rockjngo

Between our two stud defensemen prospects Jarred Tinordi and Nathan Beaulieu. I consider Tinordi to have more upside. Tinordi will never beat Beaulieu in speed but Tinordi's defensive awareness and phyiscal attribute are very good. Tinordi will make us forget Ryan Mcdonagh.

rockjngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 06:42 PM
CanadianSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
Tinordi.

Finally a Habs dman to really like (except Markov).

I'm actually jealous.
We hate Subban.

CanadianSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 07:10 PM
LLoyd Christmas I

Along with many of you, this guy (rather than Bouillon) deserves a shot on the PP.

LLoyd Christmas I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 07:56 PM
CanadianSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post

Youtube is your friend.
Did I hear "the Boston rookie?" That could explain a lot...

CanadianSharks is offline   Reply With Quote