HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Did you guys catch Damien Cox column today..

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2004, 06:37 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Did you guys catch Damien Cox column today..

Prime time to jump all over pathetic Flyers
Respect comes from laying licking on traditional rival

DAMIEN COX
HOCKEY COLUMNIST

For the second consecutive game, the Maple Leafs will tonight confront a team courting the sympathy vote just as hard as they are.

On Tuesday, you might recall, the Calgary Flames arrived in town with a list of injuries about as serious as that of the Leafs.

Quite properly, the Leafs made sad eyes for the benefit of their visitors, then went out and pounded out a hard 4-1 triumph.

Now comes the Philadelphia Flyers for a back-to-back sequence, tonight in Pennsylvania and tomorrow at the Air Canada Centre, and aren't the Philly boys a pathetic-looking lot these days?

Read on ....

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...=1044442957278

Old
01-16-2004, 06:40 AM
wasting time

great, thanks Damien.

Both you and Simmons are writing a few things a little more positive about the Leafs...I guess you realized that you can't talk trash about a team 3 days a week when they are parked atop the NHL.

So, both are being a little more appreciative.

Now Damien writes an article that I am sure will get posted inside the Philadelphia dressing room for motivation.

Damien, you suck.

Old
01-16-2004, 06:42 AM
50 Mission Cap

Seeing that Cox is a Bruins fan, I wouldn't be surprised if that was his motivation all along.

Old
01-16-2004, 06:57 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Mission Cap
Seeing that Cox is a Bruins fan, I wouldn't be surprised if that was his motivation all along.
That is exactly what I was thinking when I read the article a local Toronto reporter is getting the opposition all worked up before a big game...

but it is written so as to not show his prejidice against the Leafs and KEEP his job...

Old
01-16-2004, 07:40 AM
Big Mama*

Who cares what Cox says. If the leafs don't sweep convincingly this column has setup two weeks of anti -leafs fodder. No self respecting leaf fan should ever give any weight to what Cox writes. If Leafs split with their banged up team that is a good result.

Old
01-16-2004, 07:45 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Tucker
Who cares what Cox says. If the leafs don't sweep convincingly this column has setup two weeks of anti -leafs fodder. No self respecting leaf fan should ever give any weight to what Cox writes. If Leafs split with their banged up team that is a good result.
but this banged up team may lose both games and then what????

Old
01-16-2004, 07:55 AM
Big Mama*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
but this banged up team may lose both games and then what????
Then it is a bad result, which will reinforce the notion that this leaf team needs all hands on deck to beat the best. The question then becomes whether we will be healthy and that won't be answered until April.

But the good news is the schedule compared to the rest of the league is the best. They play only Col Chi & Columbus in the West all at home. Ottawa has to go west on the road. We've played NJ Phil 3 times and finished with NYR. Lots of games left with the patsies in the South. Home 23 games away 15 Ottawa is opposite.
Obviously we have to beat those teams with a banged up lineup and the leafs have shown, against Calgary, that they will.

Old
01-16-2004, 08:02 AM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasting time
great, thanks Damien.

Both you and Simmons are writing a few things a little more positive about the Leafs...I guess you realized that you can't talk trash about a team 3 days a week when they are parked atop the NHL.

So, both are being a little more appreciative.

Now Damien writes an article that I am sure will get posted inside the Philadelphia dressing room for motivation.

Damien, you suck.

Old
01-16-2004, 09:35 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Cox is really transparent here.

He is:

1. Providing incentive to the Flyers.
2. Setting up his next tirade.

The way he has written makes it a no win situation for the Leafs. He is more or less saying they have to win these games, and if they do he'll say it was expected, if they don't he can now go back on the offensive because by Monday the Leafs could be out of first place.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Closed Thread