HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Injury News/Discussion (11/9: Nash skates, Pyatt concussed)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-05-2013, 11:47 AM
  #51
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,325
vCash: 500
any update on hagelin debut

JCrusher* is offline  
Old
10-05-2013, 11:59 AM
  #52
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
any update on hagelin debut
Probably 10/29 on the island. He can't play before then.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
10-05-2013, 12:08 PM
  #53
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bialystok, Poland
Country: Iceland
Posts: 7,369
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Sign Vinny Prospal at 1 year $1M + $1M in deferrable bonus money
Send down Fast

NYR ROSTER
FORWARDS
Carl Hagelin ($2.250m) / Derek Stepan ($3.075m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
Vinny Prospal ($1.000m) / Brad Richards ($6.667m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Benoit Pouliot ($1.300m / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / Mats Zuccarello ($1.150m)
Brian Boyle ($1.700m) / Dominic Moore ($1.000m) / Derek Dorsett ($1.633m)
Arron Asham ($1.000m) / Taylor Pyatt ($1.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($4.700m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Michael Del Zotto ($2.550m)
John Moore ($0.840m) / Anton Stralman ($1.700m)
Justin Falk ($0.975m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($1.300m)

OTHER – AHL overage
Darroll Powe ($0.142m)
------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000
CAP PAYROLL: $63,981,667
BONUSES: $1,125,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $318,333
Move/waive either Pyatt or Asham. Get a lower pick or a non roster player back. That is not a bad lineup by any means. Needs some grit I admit… Bring it in at the deadline for whatever money is saved by getting rid of Asham/Pyatt. Kids come up if injuries take place. Voila!

BBKers is offline  
Old
10-05-2013, 12:10 PM
  #54
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Sign Vinny Prospal at 1 year $1M + $1M in deferrable bonus money
Send down Fast

NYR ROSTER
FORWARDS
Carl Hagelin ($2.250m) / Derek Stepan ($3.075m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
Vinny Prospal ($1.000m) / Brad Richards ($6.667m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Benoit Pouliot ($1.300m / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / Mats Zuccarello ($1.150m)
Brian Boyle ($1.700m) / Dominic Moore ($1.000m) / Derek Dorsett ($1.633m)
Arron Asham ($1.000m) / Taylor Pyatt ($1.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($4.700m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Michael Del Zotto ($2.550m)
John Moore ($0.840m) / Anton Stralman ($1.700m)
Justin Falk ($0.975m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($1.300m)

OTHER – AHL overage
Darroll Powe ($0.142m)
------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000
CAP PAYROLL: $63,981,667
BONUSES: $1,125,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $318,333
Move/waive either Pyatt or Asham. Get a lower pick or a non roster player back. That is not a bad lineup by any means. Needs some grit I admit… Bring it in at the deadline for whatever money is saved by getting rid of Asham/Pyatt. Kids come up if injuries take place. Voila!
I thought Richards was one of the few bright spots on the wing last game....i wouldn't move him yet

16 To Stanley* is offline  
Old
10-05-2013, 12:11 PM
  #55
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
I thought Richards was one of the few bright spots on the wing last game....i wouldn't move him yet
I wouldn't keep him yet.

Crease is offline  
Old
10-05-2013, 12:12 PM
  #56
Antithesis
Member Todd White?
 
Antithesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20,599
vCash: 500
Prospal should head to the Czech league... Straka, Rucinsky and Nedved are all still active and scoring there well into their 40's.

Antithesis is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 01:20 AM
  #58
Made Dan
Registered User
 
Made Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,334
vCash: 500
Might as well add Nash in here...

Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie 7m
Nash: "I have a headache. It got worse. It was a head shot. I'm concerned the way it feels."

Made Dan is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 01:44 AM
  #59
we want cup
Registered User
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 11,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Might as well add Nash in here...

Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie 7m
Nash: "I have a headache. It got worse. It was a head shot. I'm concerned the way it feels."
Sounds like a sprained brain. Perfect.

we want cup is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 05:26 AM
  #61
NewLife
what if doobie?
 
NewLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: the alps
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,540
vCash: 50
Is Nash confirmed dead yet?

NewLife is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 06:27 AM
  #62
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,021
vCash: 500
****.

Is anyone near Raleigh? Maybe Eric Staal can give us an update.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 07:09 AM
  #63
Ail
Kidmograph tho.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 25,054
vCash: 500
This guy will be haunted by his groin concussions the rest of his career. RIP in peace.

Ail is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 11:40 AM
  #64
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!
 
WhatThePuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
If Nash is out long term, need to bring up Kristo or Kreider. Need dynamic ability and potential in lineup. Can't have Pyatt, Boyle, Dorsett, Moore, Asham, Pouloit ALL playing.
Ugh what a nightmare.

WhatThePuck is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 12:33 PM
  #65
Hire Sather
Still Good Enough
 
Hire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 25,826
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Hope we see him again this season.

I'm never more negative than when its a concussion

Hire Sather is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 12:41 PM
  #66
Hire Sather
Still Good Enough
 
Hire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 25,826
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
BTW, the Groin Concussion stuff isn't funny. Our top forward is out with a possible concussion.

You people want to say the season is in danger after a 9-2 loss, no. The season IS in danger now because Nash might be gone for the year.

Hire Sather is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 12:44 PM
  #67
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Da Big Apple
Country: United States
Posts: 11,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
If Nash is out long term, need to bring up Kristo or Kreider. Need dynamic ability and potential in lineup. Can't have Pyatt, Boyle, Dorsett, Moore, Asham, Pouloit ALL playing.
actually, Miller with Kreider first.
I'm not saying either has nothing more to learn, no further to develop.

But clearly, Miller and Kreider work in tandem overdrive. Are Killer w/Cally.
Like to see
Kreider -- Miller -- Cally
and all Swedish line
Hagelin --- Lindberg -- Fast

Yes, I obviously means after Hags is off LTIR.

We can't risk Richards getting injured and us being in the same situation as Philly and not able to amnesty due to injury. NMC doesn't matter. Richards sits and gets paid. If he wants to voluntarily tear up his contract now, with our permission, in exchange for a # everybody can live with, he can have his release. If he wants every penny, he sits and watches.

Pyatt buh bye.
Boyle should ONLY be C for FOs, then flip to LW. First good deal he should be moved.

We should seriously consider Stepan + for Seth Jones +. Helps w/logjam and issues at RD.

bernmeister is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 12:46 PM
  #68
High And Wide*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 832
vCash: 500
When do we find out the specifics on what's going on with Nash? Today?

High And Wide* is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 12:47 PM
  #69
NYRKindms
Registered User
 
NYRKindms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
BTW, the Groin Concussion stuff isn't funny. Our top forward is out with a possible concussion.

You people want to say the season is in danger after a 9-2 loss, no. The season IS in danger now because Nash might be gone for the year.
Now imagine that was Richards and we would be talking about the franchise being in danger. But our illustrious GM thought it was a smart decision not to buy out Brad.

NYRKindms is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 01:19 PM
  #70
JaeTM
Registered User
 
JaeTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Why is it that football players always seem to come back from concussions MUCH faster than hockey players? They supposedly passed the "test" and with the lawsuits the NFL has against former players, I doubt a player that had a concussion would be able to play with one in this day and age.

Yet, for some reason, you see a guy get a concussion in hockey and he's usually out weeks, months, or even worse, a Crosby or Savard type case. I realize concussions are always different in severity, but it seems that football players usually come back the following week or two (see Eddie Lacy).

JaeTM is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 01:48 PM
  #71
NewLife
what if doobie?
 
NewLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: the alps
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,540
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeTM View Post
Why is it that football players always seem to come back from concussions MUCH faster than hockey players? They supposedly passed the "test" and with the lawsuits the NFL has against former players, I doubt a player that had a concussion would be able to play with one in this day and age.

Yet, for some reason, you see a guy get a concussion in hockey and he's usually out weeks, months, or even worse, a Crosby or Savard type case. I realize concussions are always different in severity, but it seems that football players usually come back the following week or two (see Eddie Lacy).
I wonder that myself, NFL says they have a better program for keeping players with concussion syndromes off the field, but all players seems to return in no time.

Is it just as easy that football helmets provides better protection than hockey helmets and keep the impact to the brain to a much lesser scale?

NewLife is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 02:07 PM
  #72
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by High And Wide View Post
When do we find out the specifics on what's going on with Nash? Today?
Doubt they'll be telling us much. He'll likely be out with an undisclosed or upper body injury for now.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 02:11 PM
  #73
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKindms View Post
Now imagine that was Richards and we would be talking about the franchise being in danger. But our illustrious GM thought it was a smart decision not to buy out Brad.
If Richards gets injured with a concussion and can't be bought out, he will end his career on LTIR. Still, he better stay healthy this year

jniklast is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 02:32 PM
  #74
Monument
Start The Shooting
 
Monument's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 10,669
vCash: 500
Any word on a suspension for Stuart?

Monument is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 02:39 PM
  #75
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Any word on a suspension for Stuart?
Doubt there will be a suspension. It didn't look like all that much.

Definitely sounds like a concussion though.

eco's bones is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.