HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

JT Miller Assigned to Hartford

Old
10-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
You took what he meant to seriously. The bottom line is Boyle makes this team better because of his defensive play. He skates well enough, is solid on the dot, and PKs very well. He was great in the opener. You just don't see those things and never will because in your eyes, Boyle is a big guy who doesn't fight...
he is a big guy that sucks.. back in the day Eric Daze was a big guy but he was a solid goal scorer.. id take a big guy that plays big over a big guy that just does not do anything all that well....

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Vinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
if Boyle was one of the best defensive forwards in the league, he would be a selke candidate... he is just a 4th liner that gets more ice time than he needs. he is replaceable like Betts was in the past.
For who? I love what he brings and for the 4th line.

Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

I wish we would just trade Boyle so we could stop talking about him in every thread, even the ones that aren't about him.

Anyway, I don't think it's terrible for Miller to spend some more time in the minors. When we drafted him, I don't think any of us expected him to already be this close to the NHL at this point. If he takes some more time down there, so be it.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 11:09 AM
aemoreira1981

Miller is sent down, but Callahan's activation being the corresponding roster move has to be good news.

aemoreira1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 11:17 AM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemoreira1981 View Post
Miller is sent down, but Callahan's activation being the corresponding roster move has to be good news.
I think its better than having him in Hartford than on the 4th line. I understand he had a good preseason but that always translate into playing top minutes regularly. he needs some more time. I expect a few of the kids to be up again this season

NYRangers723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 11:30 AM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

This is absutely the best thing for his development. Let him go play 18-20 min a night in all situations this year in the A. Make him force/earn his way back to the show. He is not ready right now.

N9Y4R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 11:32 AM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

Same thing will happen with Fast when Hagelin is ready. It will only benefit these kids to spend time getting big minutes in the A.

N9Y4R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 11:34 AM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Good. Hopefully they put him at C, where he belongs.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 11:44 AM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
and Fast didnt

thanks to bums like Pyatt and Boyle who are stuck on this roster till they are traded
Fast's hockey IQ is so much higher than Miller's right now. Miller tries making things happen, but it's usually the wrong play. He's not ready.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 11:47 AM
TheRightWay

vCash: 505
Quote:
if Boyle was one of the best defensive forwards in the league, he would be a selke candidate... he is just a 4th liner that gets more ice time than he needs. he is replaceable like Betts was in the past.
How many times was Jay Pandolfo a selke candidate? Sam Pahlsson? Jay Pandolfo? Thats a horrible measure to use.

But even so: only three guys get nominated. I could name at least three, and probably many more, forwards who are better offensively than Eric Stasl. That doesn't mean he isn't a very good offensive player.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 12:00 PM
bubba5

Glad we don't keep players like Boyle, Nash, Pyatt to the same
1 game and your out standards. Gesh. Stepan should be in Charlotte with his poor play already.

bubba5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
How many times was Jay Pandolfo a selke candidate? Sam Pahlsson? Jay Pandolfo? Thats a horrible measure to use.

But even so: only three guys get nominated. I could name at least three, and probably many more, forwards who are better offensively than Eric Stasl. That doesn't mean he isn't a very good offensive player.
Påhlsson's defensive prowess is vastly overstated, you aren't a good defensive player if the puck constantly finds it's way into your own net. He is perceived as a good defensive player because he always found himself defending on the ice. Confirmation bias.

He got tough defensive assignments, sure. But that doesn't make him a better defensive player than a Datsyuk who defends by always having the puck in the offensive zone.

Blue Blooded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Glad we don't keep players like Boyle, Nash, Pyatt to the same
1 game and your out standards. Gesh. Stepan should be in Charlotte with his poor play already.
Uh, Miller wasn't ready in the pre-season, either. Far more than one game. The only reason he was up was Callahan wasn't ready to go. He would have been down if Callahan was good to go on opening night.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 12:16 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9Y4R View Post
Same thing will happen with Fast when Hagelin is ready. It will only benefit these kids to spend time getting big minutes in the A.
Exactly. Just because miller was sent first doesnt mean fast is staying. In fact AV played Fats liek 8-9 minutes which shows he is not ready to play big minutes yet

NYRangers723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 12:35 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeecpt15 View Post
Miller came into camp the worst shape he has ever been in and that did not sit too well with the FO
[MOD]

I still think he's a better option over Pyatt. We have NO OFFENSE!!!

Nice job editing that. Even though its 100% true and I have photos to prove it. Why edit something like this?

Last edited by nevesis: 10-05-2013 at 01:10 PM.
nevesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Probably a good long-term decision.
yea at first I was surprised as I thought it would be Fast but then it does make sense since JT is a kid and Fast is older with Euro experience.

I don't get why Cally is playing with Boyle and Pyatt though.

Seems like Fast with Moore and Dorsett. Asham spares. top two lines the same with Nash, Stepan , Richards, Brassard, Zucarello, Pouliott.

Again just switch Cally with say Pouliott. Fast has 9 games to prove himself cause Hagein should be back then

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 01:02 PM
satrabyk

He was one of the better skaters last game, -1 for new coach. Honestly Derek Dorset is awful why is he on the team? Plus Moore looked terrible, lost

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 01:15 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

I don't think AV did him any favors playing wing on the 4th line.

I'm sure Fast is next, when Hagelin is back..

I know some of these kids aren't totally NHL ready, but a couple of them are better options than Pyatt. I mean our 3rd line is, Boyle and Pyatt. That's not cup caliber. When you consider the top 6 is good, not great.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 01:17 PM
nevesis

Boyle and Pyatt need to go. Two HUGE wastes of roster spots on a roster already devoid of goalscoring.

nevesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Aufheben

vCash: 130
Yeah, Fast looked more comfortable. Oh well..

Seriously, can there be a thread just for Boyle?

Aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Boyle and Pyatt need to go. Two HUGE wastes of roster spots on a roster already devoid of goalscoring.
When hagelin returns they should move Richards back to C and Boyle to 4th line wing and pk. He's less crappy in that role

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
yea at first I was surprised as I thought it would be Fast but then it does make sense since JT is a kid and Fast is older with Euro experience.

I don't get why Cally is playing with Boyle and Pyatt though.

Seems like Fast with Moore and Dorsett. Asham spares. top two lines the same with Nash, Stepan , Richards, Brassard, Zucarello, Pouliott.

Again just switch Cally with say Pouliott. Fast has 9 games to prove himself cause Hagein should be back then
That's the line he's playing on to start his first period in his first game since April/May. That could change half way through the first period or whenever he's fully up to speed. It's not a terrible idea to let the guy get his feet wet. We all know that in 2 weeks he'll be in the top 6 playing on the PP and PK... Talk about making something out of nothing...

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 02:01 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
That's the line he's playing on to start his first period in his first game since April/May. That could change half way through the first period or whenever he's fully up to speed. It's not a terrible idea to let the guy get his feet wet. We all know that in 2 weeks he'll be in the top 6 playing on the PP and PK... Talk about making something out of nothing...
I actually think thats a pretty good line for Cally. I would much rather see Fast with more offensive players. Cally is a "lunch pale" player who plays well with guys of similar style. Irregardless if I think that Boyle/Pyatt should be moved during the season...

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

They're the Wolf Pack again? When did this happen?

10-05-2013, 02:11 PM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Uh, Miller wasn't ready in the pre-season, either. Far more than one game. The only reason he was up was Callahan wasn't ready to go. He would have been down if Callahan was good to go on opening night.
Miller missed early camp with an injury. Was behind early, that's my point.

bubba5 is online now   Reply With Quote