HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Dinamo Rīga 2013/2014 season talk

Old
10-05-2013, 02:13 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
What happened to Ivanans? Can't find any news about him and he is not on the teams website

10-05-2013, 11:30 PM
ozo

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
What happened to Ivanans? Can't find any news about him and he is not on the teams website
His contract was bought out in summer. Wise move.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 04:22 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
Lol he is my friends favourite player.

Did he sign anywhere else?

saskriders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 09:58 PM
ozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Lol he is my friends favourite player.

Did he sign anywhere else?
Nop, out of work.

Old
10-11-2013, 03:47 PM
SledgeHammer

Congrats on the win from Zagreb, glad to see Dinamo R doing so well.

SledgeHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 11:25 AM
FreshFruit

vCash: 50
With this fresh victory over MMg in OT where do you Riga fans see your team in the KHL this season?

Obviously, this team has been a huge improvement over the last season so what's the talk there in Latvia, are people happy with the franchise, arena, management etc?
Would love to see successful Dinamo Riga in KHL in many years to come.

Congrats on great victory.

FreshFruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 10:04 AM
King EK65
#KuldaApproved

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFruit View Post
With this fresh victory over MMg in OT where do you Riga fans see your team in the KHL this season?

Obviously, this team has been a huge improvement over the last season so what's the talk there in Latvia, are people happy with the franchise, arena, management etc?
Would love to see successful Dinamo Riga in KHL in many years to come.

Congrats on great victory.
It's obviously great to see, that the team is doing well again. Also that atmoshpere they have in the team is great. This team can make the play-offs if they continue playing like this - with character.

Idk how about other fans, but for me as a die-hard fan, i'm very happy with pretty much everything at the moment. GM has done a great job at picking the right players for the team, also getting Ozo and Hossa back is a huge + for 'em, and also just that the team has a character and that they don't give up.
Pretty much this could be the DR best season, but it's still too early to think about that.

King EK65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 07:58 PM
coyotechrisz

Send a message via ICQ to coyotechrisz
ist it difficult to get thinks for the games like on

13.11 vs. Barys
15.11 vs. Avangard

i think the games vs. SKA in December might be sold out soon ?

The Official KHL Shop which is in Riga looks kinda small, do they sell a lot of T-Shirts from all the KHL Clubs? Saw some pics, but on them the shop looks kinda small..

coyotechrisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 08:43 PM
ozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotechrisz View Post

13.11 vs. Barys
15.11 vs. Avangard

The Official KHL Shop which is in Riga looks kinda small, do they sell a lot of T-Shirts from all the KHL Clubs? Saw some pics, but on them the shop looks kinda small..
No games will be sold out and KHl shop indeed is basically a booth.

Old
10-23-2013, 10:32 PM
v-man

Quote:

13.11 vs. Barys
15.11 vs. Avangard

I think you'll find a better selection at the shop/kiosks in the arena. I went to the mini KHL store in Riga this summer (it's barely bigger than a penalty box) and their selection was ridiculously limited (this was during the height of tourist season when you'd think they'd be well stocked to sell to the influx of foreigners. I guess they don't like making money).

v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 04:27 AM
ozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
I think you'll find a better selection at the shop/kiosks in the arena. I went to the mini KHL store in Riga this summer (it's barely bigger than a penalty box) and their selection was ridiculously limited (this was during the height of tourist season when you'd think they'd be well stocked to sell to the influx of foreigners. I guess they don't like making money).
Nothing has changed I guess. I was there on the opening day of the season in September. Could of got myself a very relevant Hossa's Ak Bars jersey.

Old
10-24-2013, 09:01 AM
coyotechrisz

well it's an official KHL Store, but on the other hand i understand why they don't have so many Shirts etc available from all Clubs because i don't think that many ppl going there would buy them(Latvians wouldnt i guess)..and so they goods would be in the Store like forever!

I would like to have some merchandise from Avangard Omsk, but very difficult to get i think, and Omsk is quite far and expensive so i thought about going to Riga for watching 2 KHL games and buy some Omsk stuff, but unfortunately the KHL Store doesn't offer a wide range of products..

If i travel it would be for the 2 games vs. Barys and Avangard, maybe i can catch a fan from Omsk who travels to the game and would bring me some stuff

Old
10-24-2013, 09:49 PM
v-man

Quote:
well it's an official KHL Store, but on the other hand i understand why they don't have so many Shirts etc available from all Clubs because i don't think that many ppl going there would buy them(Latvians wouldnt i guess)..and so they goods would be in the Store like forever!
Which makes sense, but they didn't even have a decent selection of Dinamo Riga shirts either. I had to get one at a regular souvenir shop when there are dozens of designs to choose from on the official site, which I'm assuming didn't all sell out during the season.

It seems they're re-branding themselves as the Latvian Fan Shop though, which might explain the lack of KHL products. It looks like their Avangard merch is down to a Jagr jersey and some pucks.

v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 03:50 PM
coyotechrisz

will be at

13.11 Riga-Barys
15.11 Riga-Avangard

no Tickets yet, but i can buy it online here.. http://www.bilesuserviss.lv/eng/concerts/sports from what i learned

Kat. 112 or 113 are good i think? .. Seems the seats behind player benches are sold out, or not available on that site? Which seats would you suggest?

Anyone from here going to the games?

Old
11-04-2013, 04:05 AM
s4

I don't think Arena Riga has seating avaible directly behind the players seats - haven't paid much attention to it to be sure.

So using this image from bilesuserviss.lv as refernce:

112 or 113 should be decent. Apart from the obvious position in relation to the field, you might want to note that the grey area between 110 and 111 is a zone for Dinamo fan club mebmers. That's where the loudest yelling and the drums are going to be. Can get pretty load, especialy if ur near the damn drums . So depending on what you prefer, you might want to chose a seat nearer or farther from there. I can only suggest nearer to enjoy the atmosphere in Riga - our fans are surely better than NHL and most of the KHL.

I'm probably going to the Barys game. Not sure yet.

s4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 02:52 PM
coyotechrisz

thx!

got Tickets for 113 for both games!

Dinamo first home game after a long away trip vs. a decent Astana squad!

I hope there will be a lot of ppl there and a good atmosphere

Old
11-18-2013, 01:57 AM
BalticWarrior

So lets recap yesterdays game

The Good
1.Miks Indrašis,he must be the streakiest player on the team,but when hes on his game,watch out,scored two goals and looked like he was flying yesterday
2.Pavlovs was really good,showed some flashes of brilliance and had 2 assists
3. First period was really good we practically dominated.
4.Hossa as always solid.

The bad
1.Second period was god awful,i mean just terrible we were slow,were acting slow and thinking slow.
2. The PP yesterday was just horrible no creativity,a thing to improve for sure.
3.Ņiživijs- can someone remind me why we still have him on the team? he should have retired a long time ago.
3.Reķis-made a huge gaffe in the first period and overall left a bad impression.

So to recap,this was our 6th win in a row and we won 4-3,hope we can keep it up!

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 03:41 AM
Hockeyfan31*

So Riga now officially have more points already than in whole previous season

Hockeyfan31* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:29 PM
King EK65
#KuldaApproved

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalticWarrior View Post
So lets recap yesterdays game

The Good
1.Miks Indrašis,he must be the streakiest player on the team,but when hes on his game,watch out,scored two goals and looked like he was flying yesterday
2.Pavlovs was really good,showed some flashes of brilliance and had 2 assists
3. First period was really good we practically dominated.
4.Hossa as always solid.

The bad
1.Second period was god awful,i mean just terrible we were slow,were acting slow and thinking slow.
2. The PP yesterday was just horrible no creativity,a thing to improve for sure.
3.Ņiživijs- can someone remind me why we still have him on the team? he should have retired a long time ago.
3.Reķis-made a huge gaffe in the first period and overall left a bad impression.

So to recap,this was our 6th win in a row and we won 4-3,hope we can keep it up!
I agree. Especially with the Ņiživijs one. He is a skilled player, but he's too old and too small to be on PP and not the fastest player out there. Could use someone bigger than him. Everyone basically can steal the puck from him.

Old
11-19-2013, 12:57 AM
RobertR

What? I think that PP is the only reason he is still on the team. He is too slow for the 5vs5, but in positional play on PP he is still good.

Glad that Indrasis getting points, too bad I kicked him out from my fantasy. Will see if he can add some stability to his game, I really hoped that this season would be better then previous, too bad it seems that it would be not. :/

And yeah, I really like Pavlovs game, he is like our average gritty latvian 3/4 liner, but with size, focus on the net, and with good moves also.

RobertR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 08:18 AM
King EK65
#KuldaApproved

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
What? I think that PP is the only reason he is still on the team. He is too slow for the 5vs5, but in positional play on PP he is still good.

Glad that Indrasis getting points, too bad I kicked him out from my fantasy. Will see if he can add some stability to his game, I really hoped that this season would be better then previous, too bad it seems that it would be not. :/

And yeah, I really like Pavlovs game, he is like our average gritty latvian 3/4 liner, but with size, focus on the net, and with good moves also.
As i said. He is skilled, but when someone makes a bad pass to him (on PP), he fights for the puck but the opponent player takes it from him, while using his power.

Old
11-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post

Indrašis last year: 42 games 14+12
This season so far: 26 games 6+8

On the one hand, statistically this could be a worse season (though still a ton of games to play and if he continues at point per game pace, who knows). However, we should also take into account that there are more quality players on this year's Riga team and hard to say that somebody's season is a disappointment when team plays like that.

Only guys that have more points than him are all with NHL experience- Ozo, Wilson, Hossa, Sczechura. And yeah, still a streaky player so let's hope these two games are not just yet another good streak but he continues to produce. Anyway Pavlovs and Indrašis should be on the Olympic team Latvia roster IMHO.

But yeah... if he had Girgensons' drive and physicality, we'd probably have a Malkin on our hands.

Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 11:49 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
Indrašis last year: 42 games 14+12
This season so far: 26 games 6+8

On the one hand, statistically this could be a worse season (though still a ton of games to play and if he continues at point per game pace, who knows). However, we should also take into account that there are more quality players on this year's Riga team and hard to say that somebody's season is a disappointment when team plays like that.

Only guys that have more points than him are all with NHL experience- Ozo, Wilson, Hossa, Sczechura. And yeah, still a streaky player so let's hope these two games are not just yet another good streak but he continues to produce. Anyway Pavlovs and Indrašis should be on the Olympic team Latvia roster IMHO.

But yeah... if he had Girgensons' drive and physicality, we'd probably have a Malkin on our hands.
Well Indrašis was kind of a lock anyway. But the Pavlovs-Indrašis duo works great hope ābols is smart enough not to break it apart.Also drive and physicality can be learned/adjusted talent and skill on the other hand, cannot.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 03:33 AM
ult

Wtf, Latvia?

ult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 04:55 AM
ozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
Wtf, Latvia?
There goes our secret nazi propaganda Watch the whole thing, maybe some Illuminati stuff pops up as well, you never know. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H7T26FTx8I