HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013-2014 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2013, 08:36 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
So the Habs CHL players are...

Hudon-Chicoutimi QMJHL
Gregoire-Baie Comeau QMJHL
Fucale-Halifax QMJHL
Reway-Gatineau QMJHL

McCarron-London OHL
Crisp Sudbury OHL
Vail Windsor OHL

Bozon Kamloops WHL
Thrower Vancouver WHL

Did I forget anybody?

Last edited by Monctonscout: 10-05-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old
10-05-2013, 08:42 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Fucale with Halifax. There's a list at the 1st post.

Old
10-05-2013, 08:48 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Saw Stéphane Waite in Sherbrooke yesterday, he was there to see Fucale. I was actually sitting behind Zach's parents.

Fucale had a good game, saved the bacon of his team a few times in the third when the Phoenix had the momentum. He was weak on Laflamme's goal that went 5 hole but his team was completely overwhelmed defensively so they didn't help him much on that play.

Audette was the only one of the 3 shooters to beat him in Shootout, five hole again.

Last edited by QuebecPride: 10-05-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old
10-05-2013, 08:54 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
So the Habs CHL players are...

Hudon-Chicoutimi QMJHL
Gregoire-Baie Comeau QMJHL

McCarron-London OHL
Crisp Sudbury OHL
Vail Windsor OHL

Bozon Kamloops WHL
Thrower Vancouver WHL

Did I forget anybody?
QMJHL
Fucale - Halifax
Reway - Gatineau

Old
10-05-2013, 10:55 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

just got done watching last nights London/Spits game. McCarron was on the 3rd line, 2nd PP unit, had a solid game as he had a number of chances but just couldn't convert on any. He did steam roll someone and had a few hits but for the most part he wasn't as physical as I've seen from him in the past but the coaches likely told him to take it easy on the shoulder as no need to risk further injury. Was consistently in front of the net causing problems and tipped one that the goalie was able to save.

Vail scored on a nice tip, good start to the season for him so hopefully he keeps it up, if he can that should increase his chances of at least getting an invite to the winter camp for Team USA in 8-9 weeks from now. He saw a lot of ice time but wasn't overly noticeable.

Old
10-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
just got done watching last nights London/Spits game. McCarron was on the 3rd line, 2nd PP unit, had a solid game as he had a number of chances but just couldn't convert on any. He did steam roll someone and had a few hits but for the most part he wasn't as physical as I've seen from him in the past but the coaches likely told him to take it easy on the shoulder as no need to risk further injury. Was consistently in front of the net causing problems and tipped one that the goalie was able to save.

Vail scored on a nice tip, good start to the season for him so hopefully he keeps it up, if he can that should increase his chances of at least getting an invite to the winter camp for Team USA in 8-9 weeks from now. He saw a lot of ice time but wasn't overly noticeable.
3rd line? Well I guess it could start that way...but that's not what I'm expecting towards the middle of the year though....

Old
10-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Habs4Life

vCash: 666
Looks like Collberg is being outplayed by a 2013 7 round draft pick from the maple leafs, what a joke.

Old
10-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
Looks like Collberg is being outplayed by a 2013 7 round draft pick from the maple leafs, what a joke.
Pretty mind boggling if that's the case. I would have hope so much to see this guy in the CHL....Still has the talent to do something great. But he might need more tutoring than we thought he would.

Old
10-05-2013, 12:38 PM
That

Quote:
Johnson has been killing it since the European Trophy. He's the leading scorer of Frolunda right now, although to be fair, he is rocking a ~25% shooting percentage (including a game in which he had 9 shots). Johnson is looking like a great pick as of now, outscoring Collberg, Wennberg, and everyone else on the team.

Old
10-05-2013, 01:06 PM
jedimyrmidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Johnson has been killing it since the European Trophy. He's the leading scorer of Frolunda right now, although to be fair, he is rocking a ~25% shooting percentage (including a game in which he had 9 shots). Johnson is looking like a great pick as of now, outscoring Collberg, Wennberg, and everyone else on the team.
Well then, he'll be right at home on the Leafs!

Old
10-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Treb

Quote:
Collberg only played 3 games and had injury problems all summer, we'll see later in the year.

Old
10-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Habs4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Collberg only played 3 games and had injury problems all summer, we'll see later in the year.
Fair enough, but he really needs to shine this year it's make or break year for him prospect wise IMHO. I had high hopes for this guy.

Old
10-05-2013, 05:55 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Watched the Sags/Drakkar game today. Grégoire with a 2 goal game, although one was an empty netter, the other was a nice one in close. He didn't seem to have the same level of energy but still a solid night for him.

Hudon almost had one off a blast while on the point on the PP, it trickled towards the goalline but his linemate knocked it in. Another game where Hudon doesn't look himself but still manages to get on the scoresheet, he also seemed to be pissed off as he had 6 pims and was jawing with a few Drakkar players.

Quote:
Fair enough, but he really needs to shine this year it's make or break year for him prospect wise IMHO. I had high hopes for this guy.
Collberg just signed an NHL contract, how could it be a make or break year for him? He's 19, he has several years to work on things.

Old
10-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Habs4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Watched the Sags/Drakkar game today. Grégoire with a 2 goal game, although one was an empty netter, the other was a nice one in close. He didn't seem to have the same level of energy but still a solid night for him.

Hudon almost had one off a blast while on the point on the PP, it trickled towards the goalline but his linemate knocked it in. Another game where Hudon doesn't look himself but still manages to get on the scoresheet, he also seemed to be pissed off as he had 6 pims and was jawing with a few Drakkar players.

Collberg just signed an NHL contract, how could it be a make or break year for him? He's 19, he has several years to work on things.
Well considering the last 3 years point wise he hasn't be very productive it's time to pick up his game and go to the next level.

Old
10-05-2013, 06:12 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Well considering the last 3 years point wise he hasn't be very productive it's time to pick up his game and go to the next level.
3 years? He was just drafted 16 months ago, when Eller played for the same team as an 18 year old he had 2 points in 14 games as he split the season between juniors, the 2nd league and the SEL. Last season was a solid one for Collberg with 9 pts in 35 games, that's decent for an 18 year old in the SEL. He's had some injury concerns, and we don't know how healthy he actually is right now but the season just started so even if he doesn't get going it's not a big deal as he still has a lot of time to go in his development stages.

Old
10-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Grant McCagg

Reway must have got caught up on his sleep. 1g 1a and first star tonight. Mac with 2 assists and a fight with Kosmachuk in a 7-2 win. 2 more goals for Gregoire, 1a for Hudon.

Old
10-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Impossible Glory

McCarron back to a PPG pace. Not a bust anymore?

And what about Gregoire, could he become a late round steal like Hudon? Pretty small sample size, I know, but what does he need to work on to make it to the NHL?

Old
10-05-2013, 10:25 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Glory View Post
McCarron back to a PPG pace. Not a bust anymore?

And what about Gregoire, could he become a late round steal like Hudon? Pretty small sample size, I know, but what does he need to work on to make it to the NHL?
Nah he's more of a meat and potatoes kinda guy but I like his willingness, effort and yes character. Decent skill too.

Old
10-05-2013, 11:50 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
The boxscore doesn't indicate McCarron fought. Only 2 PIMs.

Old
10-05-2013, 11:56 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Watched the London game, McCarron was again on the 3rd line and 2nd PP unit. He had another solid game, continues to consistently go to the net hard. His first assist he fired the puck on net and linemate tapped it in, on the 2nd assist, on the PP was a nice tick tack toe passing play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Glory View Post
I really like what I've seen from him, he seems to work hard and do all the little things well. At this point he will need to work on just getting better, it's been a great start to the year for him so hopefully he can build off this.

Old
10-06-2013, 01:04 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
The boxscore doesn't indicate McCarron fought. Only 2 PIMs.
He definitively had 7 PIMs when I updated my website, the scorekeeper must have mixed #24 and #44.

Old
10-06-2013, 01:08 AM
Vi Nc E x13x

Why is Mac on 3rd line? I was hoping he would play with Bo

Old
10-06-2013, 05:49 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi Nc E x13x View Post
Likely just easing him into the OHL.

Old
10-06-2013, 07:18 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

How was Mac fight?

Old
10-06-2013, 10:20 AM
That

McCarron's second assist last night was a beauty.

Video: http://ontariohockeyleague.com/video...99d8507df5886c
First assist: 1:24
Second assist: 2:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi Nc E x13x View Post
I wouldn't be concerned with McCarron's ice time. He's new to this league. London also does a terrific job rolling all four lines and has no problem giving the best performers the best ice time.

Closed Thread