HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visiting Chicago - Come for the pizza, stay for the pizza

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-30-2013, 11:13 AM
  #251
Persuasion
Keep Kulie
 
Persuasion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 648
vCash: 500
Planning on going to Chi-town this weekend and probably gonna take in a Cubs game (Labor Day).

Would it be advisable to grab web tickets asap or is would there be a chance for gate tickets on Labor Day? I figure it would be a sell out.

Also how are the game day tours of Wrigley field?

Persuasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 11:30 AM
  #252
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 21,395
vCash: 50
Tickets will be cheaper from Stubhub or wherever then they will at the gate. I'd wait til Sunday night.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2013, 12:19 PM
  #253
Seb
Need more Therrien
 
Seb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: England
Posts: 9,166
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Any good looking spots close to Chicago? I've heard about the Warren Dunes but was wondering if there were other places with breathtaking views around. A more rural feel of the area.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 05:14 PM
  #254
Teemu
Moderator
 
Teemu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Palatine
Country: United States
Posts: 21,972
vCash: 500
Warren Dunes is awesome; its my favorite Michigan beach. Starved Rock State Park has great views in a relatively rural area.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 03:26 PM
  #255
AssistantCaptain*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 522
vCash: 500
hey guys does chicago have any oilers bars?

AssistantCaptain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 04:09 PM
  #256
Oh_so_saad
Registered User
 
Oh_so_saad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 594
vCash: 500
Just found out i will be in box seats for march 16 game vs the redwings!!!! Flying out from seattle to go see it. Sweetest birthday present ever.

Oh_so_saad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 07:49 PM
  #257
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Shogunate of Nofunia
Country: Fiji
Posts: 35,169
vCash: 5113
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssistantCaptain View Post
hey guys does chicago have any oilers bars?
heh, not that I'm aware of, sorry. Not sure if there's a huge Alberta contingent in the city, tbqh.

__________________

Nerd, don't estimate all humanity by the limits of your own capability. - Steve Smith, Professor of History, University of China, IL
No Fun Shogun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 01:13 AM
  #258
TurboMedic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Hey guys,

I'm making my first trip to Chicago on Sept 30 and staying until morning of Oct 4. I've been using this thread for research and thank you all for your input here.

I do have a questions that I couldn't seem to find an answer to. I would really like to catch the Blackhawks game on Oct 1, I know it's the season opener and probably the banner raising night but I have never been to an NHL game in the US and would really like to find tickets.

Do you guys have any suggestions for websites that season ticket holders or re-sellers use other than StubHub for tickets? I know here in Calgary we have a few forums that sell tickets are reasonable prices so I figured maybe Chi had something similar?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Can't wait to check out your awesome city!

BTW, Go Flames!

Jason

TurboMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 07:16 AM
  #259
committedindian86
Teuvo Time
 
committedindian86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
Hey guys,

I'm making my first trip to Chicago on Sept 30 and staying until morning of Oct 4. I've been using this thread for research and thank you all for your input here.

I do have a questions that I couldn't seem to find an answer to. I would really like to catch the Blackhawks game on Oct 1, I know it's the season opener and probably the banner raising night but I have never been to an NHL game in the US and would really like to find tickets.

Do you guys have any suggestions for websites that season ticket holders or re-sellers use other than StubHub for tickets? I know here in Calgary we have a few forums that sell tickets are reasonable prices so I figured maybe Chi had something similar?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Can't wait to check out your awesome city!

BTW, Go Flames!

Jason
It's going to be tough because of the banner raising. I just forked over $175 per for 4 seats in the 300 level after watching them hover between 225-300 per. If you only need one or two tickets, I'd target around 125-150 per. Standing room is under 100 right now but that's a lot of money to stand IMO

committedindian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 08:50 AM
  #260
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 21,395
vCash: 50
$147 plus fees here: http://www.vividseats.com/nhl-hockey...1-1458838.html

I'm hoping that SRO drops at least into the $50s by gameday.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 10:13 AM
  #261
TurboMedic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
It's going to be tough because of the banner raising. I just forked over $175 per for 4 seats in the 300 level after watching them hover between 225-300 per. If you only need one or two tickets, I'd target around 125-150 per. Standing room is under 100 right now but that's a lot of money to stand IMO
Yeah it's just for my girlfriend and I for our anniversary. I doubt she will want to stand the whole time so I'm going to try to find something at least in the 300's. Thanks for the info!

TurboMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 10:16 AM
  #262
TurboMedic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
$147 plus fees here: http://www.vividseats.com/nhl-hockey...1-1458838.html

I'm hoping that SRO drops at least into the $50s by gameday.
Thanks for the site, looks like tickets are a little cheaper on that site which is nice. Have you used this site before? It seems legit but I've never used it or heard of it before.

TurboMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 10:18 AM
  #263
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 21,395
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
Thanks for the site, looks like tickets are a little cheaper on that site which is nice. Have you used this site before? It seems legit but I've never used it or heard of it before.
Yes, several times. Chicago based company one of my best friends works for. I see ads for them on Awful Announcing from time to time.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 01:50 PM
  #264
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 500
So I thought that my trip to Chicago for the Gold Cup final at Soldiers Field would be my only trip to the 2nd city for many years. I was wrong. My buddy just informed me that he will be in Chicago for business for a few weeks and he arranged a gratis flight for me to Chicago for the October 19th weekend. Turns out that the Maple Leafs are in town Saturday night, October 19. I am desperate to see a game there. I need to find 3 tickets but 1 person NEEDS to have a seat for medical reasons. How should I go about this? I have never been to the United Center (why the hell don't they offer tours?), so I am not sure what I should be looking for? I am from NYC so I blowing my Rangers opening night at MSG $$ on this trip. I am definately looking to not spend more than $130 a ticket (the less the better!). Thanks for any advice that can be offered.!!

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 11:36 PM
  #265
cts830
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Hey! I'll be coming to Chicago in October for the Islanders game, but unfortunately my stay will be pretty short. I arrive Friday morning and will be flying to Nashville on Saturday to catch the Isles game that night.

I know I won't have time to do all that much, but what would you suggest are the few things I must do during the day Friday? Also, I'd really appreciate help with hotels. My two priorities are that the hotel have relatively easy access to the United Center and that it's near a few restaurants and bars. I'm not going too crazy after the game since I have to catch an early flight, but I'd like to grab dinner and a drink. A friend suggested staying in the Loop. Good area?

cts830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 01:00 AM
  #266
ItsMyFault
Fan of Losing Teams
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 2,441
vCash: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by cts830 View Post
Hey! I'll be coming to Chicago in October for the Islanders game, but unfortunately my stay will be pretty short. I arrive Friday morning and will be flying to Nashville on Saturday to catch the Isles game that night.

I know I won't have time to do all that much, but what would you suggest are the few things I must do during the day Friday? Also, I'd really appreciate help with hotels. My two priorities are that the hotel have relatively easy access to the United Center and that it's near a few restaurants and bars. I'm not going too crazy after the game since I have to catch an early flight, but I'd like to grab dinner and a drink. A friend suggested staying in the Loop. Good area?
Yeah I would say the Loop or River North is fine. You can take the green line to United Center from the Loop. Dinner and drinks shouldn't be a problem around the River North area at night.

ItsMyFault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:23 AM
  #267
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
So I thought that my trip to Chicago for the Gold Cup final at Soldiers Field would be my only trip to the 2nd city for many years. I was wrong. My buddy just informed me that he will be in Chicago for business for a few weeks and he arranged a gratis flight for me to Chicago for the October 19th weekend. Turns out that the Maple Leafs are in town Saturday night, October 19. I am desperate to see a game there. I need to find 3 tickets but 1 person NEEDS to have a seat for medical reasons. How should I go about this? I have never been to the United Center (why the hell don't they offer tours?), so I am not sure what I should be looking for? I am from NYC so I blowing my Rangers opening night at MSG $$ on this trip. I am definately looking to not spend more than $130 a ticket (the less the better!). Thanks for any advice that can be offered.!!
Any feedback would be appreciated.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:36 AM
  #268
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 21,395
vCash: 50
http://www.vividseats.com/nhl-hockey...9-1458853.html

$86 for seats.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:37 AM
  #269
Hawkscap
Registered User
 
Hawkscap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Saturday Night with the Leafs in town, that will be a premium ticket.

Stub Hub seem to have some decent seat in the 300 level for $130. Hawks shoot at the west end twice.

Hawkscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 12:09 PM
  #270
MurrayBannerman
The Portents
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHI
Country: United States
Posts: 27,634
vCash: 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Of course I have a game at Minnesota for that one. Oh well, nothing will ever beat the 2006 Hawks-Leafs game. The first period was basically a football game and a murder scene for Michael Peca's knee. And, of course, Bondra's 500th.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 11:00 AM
  #271
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Ticket details
Section: Upper Level 307
Row: 13
Notes: Upper Level Goal
Price: $84.00 ea
Ticket Total $84.00 x 3
Service Total $19.90 x 3
Fedex Basic $14.95
Total Charge $326.65

Thoughts? Is this a good deal? Bad deal?

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 11:06 AM
  #272
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 21,395
vCash: 50
I would try to buy one of the ones that are email delivery. That'll way you'll avoid the FedEx price, just pay $5 to have them emailed. But those look higher right now.

All in all though, it's not terrible and $20 lower total than your $130 limit.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 11:02 AM
  #273
TurboMedic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Hey Guys,

I'm officially in Chicago! Been looking on Vivid today and craigslist. Will hopefully find something decent for tonight. Has anyone gone down and just bought from a scalper at the stadium? Sometimes we can find decent deals at home doing that but no idea what it's like here in Chicago...

Any thoughts?

Thanks for all your help so far guys!

Jason

TurboMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 06:27 PM
  #274
ScJeff
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
Going to be in town for the game vs. Minnesota I think its oct 28. Are there any ghood sites to find cheap tickets, or anyone here have a piar they want to sell? Is there a lot of scalped ticekts outside that I can try to grab and is it easy to get a good deal?

Thanks,
Scott

ScJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 11:20 AM
  #275
Agent Zero
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: EDM
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 500
Coming from EDM to visit CHI in November. I would like tickets to EDM-CHI on November 9. PM if selling. Thanks

Agent Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.