HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visiting Chicago - Come for the pizza, stay for the pizza

Old
08-30-2013, 11:13 AM
Persuasion
Keep Kulie

vCash: 500
Planning on going to Chi-town this weekend and probably gonna take in a Cubs game (Labor Day).

Would it be advisable to grab web tickets asap or is would there be a chance for gate tickets on Labor Day? I figure it would be a sell out.

Also how are the game day tours of Wrigley field?

Persuasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 11:30 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Tickets will be cheaper from Stubhub or wherever then they will at the gate. I'd wait til Sunday night.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2013, 12:19 PM
Seb
Need more Therrien

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Any good looking spots close to Chicago? I've heard about the Warren Dunes but was wondering if there were other places with breathtaking views around. A more rural feel of the area.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 05:14 PM
Teemu

Warren Dunes is awesome; its my favorite Michigan beach. Starved Rock State Park has great views in a relatively rural area.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 03:26 PM
AssistantCaptain*

hey guys does chicago have any oilers bars?

AssistantCaptain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 04:09 PM
Oh_so_saad

Just found out i will be in box seats for march 16 game vs the redwings!!!! Flying out from seattle to go see it. Sweetest birthday present ever.

Oh_so_saad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 07:49 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

vCash: 5113
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssistantCaptain View Post
hey guys does chicago have any oilers bars?
heh, not that I'm aware of, sorry. Not sure if there's a huge Alberta contingent in the city, tbqh.

Nerd, don't estimate all humanity by the limits of your own capability. - Steve Smith, Professor of History, University of China, IL
No Fun Shogun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 01:13 AM
TurboMedic

Hey guys,

I'm making my first trip to Chicago on Sept 30 and staying until morning of Oct 4. I've been using this thread for research and thank you all for your input here.

I do have a questions that I couldn't seem to find an answer to. I would really like to catch the Blackhawks game on Oct 1, I know it's the season opener and probably the banner raising night but I have never been to an NHL game in the US and would really like to find tickets.

Do you guys have any suggestions for websites that season ticket holders or re-sellers use other than StubHub for tickets? I know here in Calgary we have a few forums that sell tickets are reasonable prices so I figured maybe Chi had something similar?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Can't wait to check out your awesome city!

BTW, Go Flames!

Jason

TurboMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 07:16 AM
committedindian86
Teuvo Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
Hey guys,

I'm making my first trip to Chicago on Sept 30 and staying until morning of Oct 4. I've been using this thread for research and thank you all for your input here.

I do have a questions that I couldn't seem to find an answer to. I would really like to catch the Blackhawks game on Oct 1, I know it's the season opener and probably the banner raising night but I have never been to an NHL game in the US and would really like to find tickets.

Do you guys have any suggestions for websites that season ticket holders or re-sellers use other than StubHub for tickets? I know here in Calgary we have a few forums that sell tickets are reasonable prices so I figured maybe Chi had something similar?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Can't wait to check out your awesome city!

BTW, Go Flames!

Jason
It's going to be tough because of the banner raising. I just forked over $175 per for 4 seats in the 300 level after watching them hover between 225-300 per. If you only need one or two tickets, I'd target around 125-150 per. Standing room is under 100 right now but that's a lot of money to stand IMO

committedindian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 08:50 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

$147 plus fees here: http://www.vividseats.com/nhl-hockey...1-1458838.html

I'm hoping that SRO drops at least into the $50s by gameday.

Old
09-19-2013, 10:13 AM
TurboMedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
It's going to be tough because of the banner raising. I just forked over $175 per for 4 seats in the 300 level after watching them hover between 225-300 per. If you only need one or two tickets, I'd target around 125-150 per. Standing room is under 100 right now but that's a lot of money to stand IMO
Yeah it's just for my girlfriend and I for our anniversary. I doubt she will want to stand the whole time so I'm going to try to find something at least in the 300's. Thanks for the info!

Old
09-19-2013, 10:16 AM
TurboMedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
$147 plus fees here: http://www.vividseats.com/nhl-hockey...1-1458838.html

I'm hoping that SRO drops at least into the $50s by gameday.
Thanks for the site, looks like tickets are a little cheaper on that site which is nice. Have you used this site before? It seems legit but I've never used it or heard of it before.

Old
09-19-2013, 10:18 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
Thanks for the site, looks like tickets are a little cheaper on that site which is nice. Have you used this site before? It seems legit but I've never used it or heard of it before.
Yes, several times. Chicago based company one of my best friends works for. I see ads for them on Awful Announcing from time to time.

Old
09-25-2013, 01:50 PM
nyrmetros

So I thought that my trip to Chicago for the Gold Cup final at Soldiers Field would be my only trip to the 2nd city for many years. I was wrong. My buddy just informed me that he will be in Chicago for business for a few weeks and he arranged a gratis flight for me to Chicago for the October 19th weekend. Turns out that the Maple Leafs are in town Saturday night, October 19. I am desperate to see a game there. I need to find 3 tickets but 1 person NEEDS to have a seat for medical reasons. How should I go about this? I have never been to the United Center (why the hell don't they offer tours?), so I am not sure what I should be looking for? I am from NYC so I blowing my Rangers opening night at MSG $$ on this trip. I am definately looking to not spend more than $130 a ticket (the less the better!). Thanks for any advice that can be offered.!!

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 11:36 PM
cts830

Hey! I'll be coming to Chicago in October for the Islanders game, but unfortunately my stay will be pretty short. I arrive Friday morning and will be flying to Nashville on Saturday to catch the Isles game that night.

I know I won't have time to do all that much, but what would you suggest are the few things I must do during the day Friday? Also, I'd really appreciate help with hotels. My two priorities are that the hotel have relatively easy access to the United Center and that it's near a few restaurants and bars. I'm not going too crazy after the game since I have to catch an early flight, but I'd like to grab dinner and a drink. A friend suggested staying in the Loop. Good area?

cts830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 01:00 AM
ItsMyFault
Fan of Losing Teams

vCash: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by cts830 View Post
Hey! I'll be coming to Chicago in October for the Islanders game, but unfortunately my stay will be pretty short. I arrive Friday morning and will be flying to Nashville on Saturday to catch the Isles game that night.

I know I won't have time to do all that much, but what would you suggest are the few things I must do during the day Friday? Also, I'd really appreciate help with hotels. My two priorities are that the hotel have relatively easy access to the United Center and that it's near a few restaurants and bars. I'm not going too crazy after the game since I have to catch an early flight, but I'd like to grab dinner and a drink. A friend suggested staying in the Loop. Good area?
Yeah I would say the Loop or River North is fine. You can take the green line to United Center from the Loop. Dinner and drinks shouldn't be a problem around the River North area at night.

ItsMyFault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 11:23 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
So I thought that my trip to Chicago for the Gold Cup final at Soldiers Field would be my only trip to the 2nd city for many years. I was wrong. My buddy just informed me that he will be in Chicago for business for a few weeks and he arranged a gratis flight for me to Chicago for the October 19th weekend. Turns out that the Maple Leafs are in town Saturday night, October 19. I am desperate to see a game there. I need to find 3 tickets but 1 person NEEDS to have a seat for medical reasons. How should I go about this? I have never been to the United Center (why the hell don't they offer tours?), so I am not sure what I should be looking for? I am from NYC so I blowing my Rangers opening night at MSG $$ on this trip. I am definately looking to not spend more than $130 a ticket (the less the better!). Thanks for any advice that can be offered.!!
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Old
09-26-2013, 11:36 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

http://www.vividseats.com/nhl-hockey...9-1458853.html

$86 for seats.

Old
09-26-2013, 11:37 AM
Hawkscap

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Saturday Night with the Leafs in town, that will be a premium ticket.

Stub Hub seem to have some decent seat in the 300 level for $130. Hawks shoot at the west end twice.

Hawkscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2013, 12:09 PM
MurrayBannerman
The Portents

vCash: 1062
Quote:
Of course I have a game at Minnesota for that one. Oh well, nothing will ever beat the 2006 Hawks-Leafs game. The first period was basically a football game and a murder scene for Michael Peca's knee. And, of course, Bondra's 500th.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2013, 11:00 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Ticket details
Section: Upper Level 307
Row: 13
Notes: Upper Level Goal
Price: $84.00 ea
Ticket Total $84.00 x 3
Service Total $19.90 x 3
Fedex Basic $14.95
Total Charge $326.65

Thoughts? Is this a good deal? Bad deal?

Old
09-29-2013, 11:06 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

I would try to buy one of the ones that are email delivery. That'll way you'll avoid the FedEx price, just pay $5 to have them emailed. But those look higher right now.

All in all though, it's not terrible and $20 lower total than your $130 limit.

Old
10-01-2013, 11:02 AM
TurboMedic

Hey Guys,

I'm officially in Chicago! Been looking on Vivid today and craigslist. Will hopefully find something decent for tonight. Has anyone gone down and just bought from a scalper at the stadium? Sometimes we can find decent deals at home doing that but no idea what it's like here in Chicago...

Any thoughts?

Thanks for all your help so far guys!

Jason

Old
10-05-2013, 06:27 PM
ScJeff

Going to be in town for the game vs. Minnesota I think its oct 28. Are there any ghood sites to find cheap tickets, or anyone here have a piar they want to sell? Is there a lot of scalped ticekts outside that I can try to grab and is it easy to get a good deal?

Thanks,
Scott

ScJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Agent Zero

Coming from EDM to visit CHI in November. I would like tickets to EDM-CHI on November 9. PM if selling. Thanks

Agent Zero is offline   Reply With Quote