HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Preds Talk Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2013, 06:12 PM
NoNecksCurse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
This is the season even when compared to losing the first three in 06-07, losing six of the first eight (games 3-8) in 07-08 and repeating that same opening performance in 09-10?

We're two games into the season.
im aware we are two games in wise guy.

its obvious by the signings poile and owners we want to win this season. we will struggle mightily all year. don't think trotz makes it past next summer

Old
10-05-2013, 07:07 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
im aware we are two games in wise guy.

its obvious by the signings poile and owners we want to win this season. we will struggle mightily all year. don't think trotz makes it past next summer
So now the signings have gone from a target of ridicule by our own fanbase to "obvious" signs the owners want to win. The biggest FA signing hasn't played a second of regular season play. The kid we traded for last year hasn't played a second this season. About 105 out of 120 minutes have featured competitive hockey from our team. If the team gets healthy and continues to struggle, there is a good chance Trotz is gone. There is just a good of a chance that we see a slow start and solid year as happened numerous times in the past.

Proclamations of mighty struggle are premature right now.

Old
10-05-2013, 08:04 PM
glenngineer

I've been on the fire Trotz bandwagon for a long time but he has this team playing hard. I honestly have no complaints other than the final results. We played hard. We were tenacious. We're shooting the puck at the net. I have no issues whatsoever from what I've seen so far.

Old
10-05-2013, 08:19 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
I hope we're working on shooting and passing drills; this has plagued us in the past and we just don't have much offensive margin to work with. Trotz has team playing hard and those kids on D look pretty darn good for such limited experience. Looking forward to getting Ellis on the ice when we get home - I think we'd have seen him against a team like COL except I'm guessing Trotz wants to protect his DZone assignments some against bad matchups.

As for the signings; I honestly thought we only needed one of the Nystrom/Hendricks duo, but looking at the Blues size and the crap like Downie skating around the league, I'm kinda' thinking we might be glad to have a little more grit and size to make some space and buffer around our guys. I realize that didn't happen last night, but Downie was going after Bartley when Nystrom stepped in there, I sure don't wanna' see some POS like Downie being allowed to take runs at our guys and then jump others.

Old
10-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I've been on the fire Trotz bandwagon for a long time but he has this team playing hard. I honestly have no complaints other than the final results. We played hard. We were tenacious. We're shooting the puck at the net. I have no issues whatsoever from what I've seen so far.
Yeah. Results and execution aren't completely there, but the compete level, work rate, and chemistry seem to be there. I've believed that this team's success is going to be highly dependent on the development of some of the younger players, so we would probably start rough, but I think we will make some pretty solid strides, take a run at the playoffs, and have some pretty high hopes for next year if we don't make it in.

Old
10-06-2013, 11:04 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
I've believed that this team's success is going to be highly dependent on the development of some of the younger players, so we would probably start rough, but I think we will make some pretty solid strides, take a run at the playoffs, and have some pretty high hopes for next year if we don't make it in.
I think this post has been made (not by you per say) every single offseason.

Old
10-06-2013, 12:09 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
its been pointed out before that Trotz is a very system dependent coach... and so it isnt terribly surprising to get off to a slow start considering we have a slew of new people getting used to the system.

It would have been really nice to have had everyone healthy for at least a few games, too

Old
10-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
First time I've really seen it, but I'll take your word for it. Seems to me like the roster was designed to bridge the team between a more veteran-led squad, to a one centered on the likes of Forsberg, Bourque, Jones, Wilson, Smith, etc... I don't doubt that the organization expects to compete for a playoff spot, but I think there is also a recognition that we're a team in flux and may have another off year.

Old
10-06-2013, 02:11 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
As for the signings; I honestly thought we only needed one of the Nystrom/Hendricks duo, but looking at the Blues size and the crap like Downie skating around the league, I'm kinda' thinking we might be glad to have a little more grit and size to make some space and buffer around our guys. I realize that didn't happen last night, but Downie was going after Bartley when Nystrom stepped in there, I sure don't wanna' see some POS like Downie being allowed to take runs at our guys and then jump others.
I hope these signings didn't put a bulls eye on our backs. If teams are playing us with a goon mentality because of the offseason acquisitions, it could be the reason Josi was hammered. Then again, Roy could have the Avs playing that style every night. Based on their first two games, it's probably just Roy.

With the Wild, Stars, & now the Avs in our division, it's going to be a hell of a year!

Old
10-06-2013, 05:55 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Those signings didn't have a bit to do with the hit on Josi. Downie is a cheapshot artist, always has been.

I said 2 weeks ago, we'd have a rough start but I like the direction this team was going.

Now we're jumping up and down on the panic button because we lost to St. Louis and Colorado in back to back games on the road to start the season. With all the naysayers coming to forefront chest thumping with the I told you so. they even get help their cronies from other teams posting the same crap.

The team went through a rebuild, it's not going to click day one. We're more physical, have more depth, and are doing a better job with puck possession. We still need to finish but we're getting chances.

If we keep playing hard, the wins will come.

Old
10-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Preds33

Just saw this on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby Stanley @RStanley247
Shea Weber missed #Preds practice today for a maintenance day. David Legwand missed due to the flu.

What is a maintenance day?

Old
10-06-2013, 06:35 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Just saw this on Twitter

What is a maintenance day?
take a day off from practice because the player is a little banged up

Old
10-06-2013, 09:26 PM
PredsFanFromla

Shea Weber is now on twitter:

Matt Hendricks ‏@MattHendy26 2m
Hey @PredsNHL and all @NHL fans around the world. Let's give "The Man Amongst Boys" @Shea_Weber6 a warm welcome to twitter. #captain #preds

Old
10-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsFanFromla View Post
Shea Weber is now on twitter:

Matt Hendricks ‏@MattHendy26 2m
Hey @PredsNHL and all @NHL fans around the world. Let's give "The Man Amongst Boys" @Shea_Weber6 a warm welcome to twitter. #captain #preds

It's a fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KWilsonPreds
@Shea_Weber6 shut this fake account down to save me the hassle of going through the Twitter people to get it deleted. You have til tomorrow

Old
10-06-2013, 10:39 PM
PredsFanFromla

Quote:
It's a fake

Yeah,i just that it was a fake a few minutes ago on my twitter news feed

Old
10-07-2013, 04:13 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
They are playing gold on the ceiling during the intro now when the players skate out. At least they did in the preseason. Took away GNR welcome to the jungle.
It was hard to hear that song when they skated out with the horn blowing and players being introduced. I think it would be better during the pregame pump up video or right after "I like it I love it" (I know a bunch of you want that gone, too, but I like it, it's unique to us).

The Penguins are using Gold on the Ceiling during their pregame intro/pump up video as well.

Old
10-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Foppa time starts tomorrow night

Old
10-07-2013, 03:21 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Happy to see him back! According to Seth, based on practice lines, it appears Spals is the odd man out tomorrow night.

Old
10-07-2013, 05:21 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Jones/Josi

forgot to ask this the other day....

Did the preds get new socks? I feel like they didnt used to have that big yellow patch at the bottom?

Old
10-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
forgot to ask this the other day....

Did the preds get new socks? I feel like they didnt used to have that big yellow patch at the bottom?

For away games yes, for home games no.

Old
10-07-2013, 06:01 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
For away games yes, for home games no.
I thought so, but wanted to make sure, thanks.

Old
10-07-2013, 06:25 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

So we are about to see a Pronger wanna be paired with a Lidstrom wanna be.....

Rock the **** on!

Old
10-07-2013, 11:39 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Happy to see him back! According to Seth, based on practice lines, it appears Spals is the odd man out tomorrow night.
I give up man. What the hell has Hendricks done exactly? Spaling had a sick assist the other night yet Hendricks, a complete waste of space and money, gets a free pass. I am so done with Trotz.

Old
10-07-2013, 11:54 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Yoshi View Post
I give up man. What the hell has Hendricks done exactly? Spaling had a sick assist the other night yet Hendricks, a complete waste of space and money, gets a free pass. I am so done with Trotz.
Matt Cooke, Matt Cooke and...Matt Cooke?

Old
10-07-2013, 11:56 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Matt Cooke, Matt Cooke and...Matt Cooke?
Isn't that what Nystrom and Clune are for? Really?

Closed Thread