HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Met a Leaf Legend

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2004, 06:18 PM
Verbal Kint*

vCash: 500
Met a Leaf Legend

Today the Georgetown Raiders had a few Canadian Hockey legends at the game. Geraldine Heaney, who played defense for the Canadian Women's Team at Salt Lake was there along two famous Leafs. Ron Ellis and Johnny Bower. There was a standing ovation for both and Bower signed autographs from the first intermission until the second. Pictures were available to be bought and then signed. He was named before the game as the honorary mayor of Halton Hills for the night, and also did the ceremonial puck drop.

Overall a really great guy. He was smiling the whole time he was signing autographs and chatted readily with a handful of inquiring fans. I got myself one and had a great time at the game.

As a side note, the game was extremely exciting. Fast paced, hard hitting and an end score of 5-4 for Milton. I wish the NHL could be even remotely close to it.

Old
01-03-2004, 06:20 PM
GoM

Yeah, Bower was at the Roadrunner game on, errrm....the 30th, same deal, ceremonial puckdrop and signing 'graphs.

Didn't get one though

Old
01-03-2004, 06:22 PM
McFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_Leafs_Forever
As a side note, the game was extremely exciting. Fast paced, hard hitting and an end score of 5-4 for Milton. I wish the NHL could be even remotely close to it.
GO Milton! lol

Ya I know what you mean about exciting. Over the years I've been to many Milton Jr. A games and they're always great! Hard hitting, fast paced, high scoring! It's excellent hockey. Good fights too. The Raiders and Merchants have such an awesome rivalry eh. Those two teams can put on classic battles.

Old
01-04-2004, 08:58 AM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFly_GoLeafsGo
GO Milton! lol

Ya I know what you mean about exciting. Over the years I've been to many Milton Jr. A games and they're always great! Hard hitting, fast paced, high scoring! It's excellent hockey. Good fights too. The Raiders and Merchants have such an awesome rivalry eh. Those two teams can put on classic battles.
I went to one of the play-off games last year against the two. It was cut-throat hockey to say the least. The players really wanted the win. There was a groups of about 5 guys wherinh viking costumes with drums and horns, they got the fans real pumped.

Its a lucky thing that Johnny's daughter Cindy lives in Georgetown though, otherwise I doubt we would have gotten the chance to see him.

Old
01-16-2004, 12:39 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Just rode up the elevator with Lanny McDonald.

He said hi.

hockeydb lists him as 6'0", I guess I must have grown a few inches

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Closed Thread