HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Official GDT 11/28/06: Washington @ Tampa Bay

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2006, 03:47 PM
OptimismRestrainer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
Maybe just a little credit could go to Kolzig after this one? They put in the effort needed to win this game (minus that shorthanded goal), just couldn't get anything past Kolzig. For the majority of the game, they dominated and controlled play. Kolzig brought his A+ effort last night, it's not like our guys played pathetic. One of those games where he stops everything and the few chances they had went in.

I totally agree with this. Yes there were some boneheaded plays (I am still so pissed at Richards I can't even talk about it), but this was certainly not their worst showing of the year. Mistakes can kill you and poor goaltending can too and we got both of those last night. Holmqvist was terrible, period. And I didn't think Sarich had such a bad game. Yes, the play that led to AO's empty netter was horrible but let's face it, the game was well over by then. I thought Kolzig (who has always been a Bolt killer) was outstanding last night. We weren't just throwing pucks at his chest either, he made some outstanding saves.

It's like I've said before, sometimes you just get beat. The effort was there last night for the most part, we had terrible goaltending and they had outstanding goaltending and we lost. I am more worried about Boston (who we can't seem to beat), and Ottawa (who will still be hot over us beating them a few nights ago) than I am about the Caps. Yea, the 2 points would (SHOULD) have been great, but it didn't happen.

Closed Thread