HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

What did Aebischer say?

Old
11-28-2006, 05:46 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
I don't get all the media (I'm looking at you Benoit Brunet) jumping on Aebi. I mean we were terrible in his last three losses and there's no way we can blame him. When you get outshot 3 to 1 and you can't freakin score, you better not blame your goalie.
That's true, but there might be a correlation between the team's performance and Aebischer's presence in net. They just don't seem to be as comfortable with him there, going back to last season. I don't know, maybe it's a communication/comfort issue that will work itself out with more games, but he just seems to make the team tighten up kind of the way Theodore did last year. At least, compared to when Huet's in net, it seems that way.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 05:49 PM
Bryzga lol*

Abby's just giving the job to Huet...

David blames his teamates for taking too many penalties

Christobal doesn't complain because he wins games.

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 06:04 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Snake View Post
Are you a leafs fan?
Nah, he sounds like a realist to me.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 06:09 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo-Nation View Post
I'm not sure but I heard it was something like:

Q: Do you blame yourself for the loss to Philly?
A: I wasn't the one taking all those penalties.

That's what I heard, I'm not sure if it's actually true.
He's right. I'm glad he said it. STOP WITH THE PENALTIES ALREADY! If you're going to take a penalty, at least throw a bodycheck. No more hooking penalties! Ugh...

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 06:30 PM
goalchenyuk

We don't take too much penalities ;

The officials give us too much penalities .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
Abby is correct in his statement, I just wish he didn't open his mouth with that comment. It can only look bad for him. If the coach said that, that's different but Abby...

Although I agree we take too many penalties we are no where near the top 5 for the season. We are actually right in the middle of the pact.
well here are the top 9 teams. we certianly would be in the top 5 .Notice the game diffrentials example the Kings played 4 more games than us.

Phx Coyotes
23 games short handed 150 times

New York Rangers
24 games short handed 148 times

Flordia
25 games short handed 145 times

Vancouver
24 games short handed 142 times

Carolina Hurricanes
25 games short handed 141 times

Los Angeles Kings
26 games short handed 141 times

Atlanta Thrashers
25 games short handed 138 times

Pittsburgh Penguins
22 games short handed 138 times

Montreal Canadiens
22 games short handed 134 times

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 11-28-2006 at 06:40 PM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 06:34 PM
canadian_man_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins77 View Post
No offence to Souray fans out there (if there are any) but he CANNOT play Defence.
********. Oops, can I say that on here? The problem here isn't Souray, it's all these couch potatoes that sit around and criticize. If Souray couldn't play defence he wouldn't have lasted 9 years in the NHL. Everyone makes a mistake now and then and I bet every team has someone that people take their frustration out on. Sure, now and then some forward goes around him with the puck and scores a goal, but that happens to everyone. Let me ask you a question. When Kovalev makes a move around a defenceman, dekes the goalie and puts the puck in the top shelf do you say "Wow, what a move" or do you say "Man that defenceman sure sucks"? The bottom line is the best defencemen in the league sometimes look like midget A players when an opposing forward makes the right move and goes around him. That doesn't mean he sucks, that just means that particular forward was better on that particular play.

In their last game Bonk was -2, Bouillon -1, Johnson -1, Kovalev -1, Markov -2, Perezhogin -1, Rivet -1 and Ryder -1.
Sourays plus minus was 0. Why not blame someone else for a change? If you really watched the game, you could probably blame the lack of finish around the net in the first period or the terrible reffing.

canadian_man_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
No offense to Abby, but only 1 goal was scored on the PP...with 1 second left, so I don't see how that's a good reason for letting in4 goals...
exactly, he is just not needed here. He is worth more to us in a trade than playing hockey games for MTL. Danis would do the job or even halak.

We need to play Huet till he gets tired. Play him every game.....

For all those who feel he can't play every game except the odd back to backer, give your head a shake and look at other goalies who play all the time. It happens!!

Abby is just getting the cold shoulder from the habs, teams like to have a #1 not 2 #1a's

The team just looks much better and confident with Huet in the net. If you can't see that your not watching the games.

Abby will be traded by february at the latest. I believe he will be traded within a week or 2 personally. They may just be waiting for danis to play 4 or 5 good games in a row as he has had a somewhat up and down start to the season. Halak is pushing for the #1 spot there so its getting interesting

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Toro

Quote:
No offence to Souray fans out there (if there are any) but he CANNOT play Defence.
http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?fid=10465

maybe you should watch another sport....

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 07:03 PM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
well abby is correct . this team takes to many %#%# needless penealties ,hooking ,hooking and more hoooking .

we have to be top 5 in penealties this season .

how can you blame him on the 4th goal? souray was playing for the flyers on that one ....

on the other hand go huet go good luck this evening

You're righton almost everything, except one, even though that 4th goal was a god awful play by both Ryder and Souray why was Aebischer WAY OUT OF POSITION laying flat on his belly. There is no reason he should be laying down.

jacklours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 10:14 PM
Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
That's true, but there might be a correlation between the team's performance and Aebischer's presence in net. They just don't seem to be as comfortable with him there, going back to last season. I don't know, maybe it's a communication/comfort issue that will work itself out with more games, but he just seems to make the team tighten up kind of the way Theodore did last year. At least, compared to when Huet's in net, it seems that way.
I suppose that is true, but the fact is that the team isn't giving the goals that Aebi needs to win. He's giving more than a reasonable chance to win and we're just not putting away our chances ... When we fail to do so, we just fade away after.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 11:51 PM
madbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riel View Post
Abby's just giving the job to Huet...

David blames his teamates for taking too many penalties

Christobal doesn't complain because he wins games.

Disappointing to hear Aebi's excuses the other night. Huet gets the job done. On the same team. Why can't he? Maybe because he flops more. Plus there's the fact that our PK is one of the best in the league anyways.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 11:58 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
No matter how "true" Aebischer's comments may have been, there's no excuse for saying that publicly...you'd figure that if you were a goalie struggling to prove that you're worth a look as a number one goaltender you'd do your best game in and game out and keep your mouth shut when you lose? Saying stuff like that isn't helping anybody, least of all yourself.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 11:59 PM
Phousse

Man.. I feel terrible for Aebischer right now. He had a really hot start to the season and clouded up the #1 position quite a bit, mixed in with Huet's average play, but after those 2 5-1 drubbings and the Flyers game he's all but thrown it away. I was a huge fan of his after Roy retired and I was excited to see him come to Montreal. I hoped he'd do well because he deserves it, but then all of this happens. The comment he made shouldn't have been said to the press, but it's obvious from the frustration he's experienced.

Phousse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 11:59 PM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
A leafs fan? lol Look at my name.
Sens fan ???

Ma Parole !

Kenny Powders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 12:08 AM
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22SteveBegin22 View Post
"If it hadn't been for Switzerland, Huet would be speaking German."
HAHAHAH!

Post of the thread.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 12:08 AM
CHareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22SteveBegin22 View Post
"If it hadn't been for Switzerland, Huet would be speaking German."
That's funny

CHareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 12:09 AM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklours View Post
You're righton almost everything, except one, even though that 4th goal was a god awful play by both Ryder and Souray why was Aebischer WAY OUT OF POSITION laying flat on his belly. There is no reason he should be laying down.
listen i'm usually first to defend goalies however i have to agree Abby was way out of position on that goal...he's just not as confident as Huet and is not as positionally sound

anyhoo that whole play was ryders fault...and eve on the weak clear/pass souray tried if if ryder wasent standing around looking lost it could have been a good pass...

i think souray had the idea of starting off the play agin for a 4 on 3 but ryder just stood there...

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 12:10 AM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

does anyone remember what Abby said in the post-game interview...

i remember it as something along the lines of "well what do you want me to do i made the saves"

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 10:46 AM
Rayne*

Quote:
No offense to Bruins fans out there (if there are any), but they cannot play hockey.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 11:04 AM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
"I've been watching tapes of Théo to help me get better."
That's jokes man. lol.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 12:29 PM
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecliptica View Post
No offense to Bruins fans out there (if there are any), but they cannot play hockey.
rofl.

Well played.

Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 12:37 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

François Gagnon on his blog says that he was there when Aebischer made this remark, and that it wasn't made in the way the media reported it. So this may have been a bit overblown.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Aarex

Quote:
A leafs fan? lol Look at my name.
lol i was thinking the same thing. White Snake is a good poster, he must of simply missed that one.

EDIT: Scratch that "Whitesnake" is the guy i was talking about. http://hfboards.com/member.php?u=6700

"White Snake" Dude you really need to get a name change.

Aarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 07:16 PM
Kruky

After Huet lost to Buffalo in MTL, he took the blame for the lost. Huet knows about the MTL pressure and he dealt with it well last year at the begining when he was so, so and this year at the begining when he was so, so.

Abby should have done the same, he failed miserably. He doesn't seem to be able to take the pressure from playing here. Just like Theosleeps. Theo tought he could handle the pressure, but he never did as a starter. When he had his great year, he was a backup.

Kruky is offline   Reply With Quote