HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Avision ahead combo masks

Old
09-28-2013, 01:55 AM
Fanned On It

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffaw View Post
Do you think its coincidence that so many people from a certain age group think fishbowls look horrible? There isnt anything cool or uncool about plastic or metal bars. People are sheep. They like what they think they're supposed to like based on whatever demographic they put themselves in. Why do old guys drive Corvettes and Cadillacs? Yuppies BMWs and Audis. Tell me someones age, race, education level,where they live, and how much $ they make and I'll tell you what music they like.
So you're saying that you don't have things that you like? You've never bought something that you liked before?

And I agree that there isn't anything "cool or uncool" about cages/visors... I just don't think that a person is a sheep for liking certain things.

You're probably one of those people that judges everyone for every little thing... and you don't even know it lol.

EDIT: Oh yeah and: 24 years old, white/caucasian, some college, just moved to Santa Monica, CA, make ~$550/week after taxes. Shoot it at me, brother.

Last edited by Fanned On It: 09-28-2013 at 02:04 AM.
Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Guffaw

Ok....

Get off the internet on a Saturday night/Sun morn at 3 am. At 24 you should be getting busy or passed out.

Honestly at 40 every guy realizes he was a punk and didn't know squat at 16,21,24. Pay some bills, buy a house, have a real relationship, a child, experience real loss. That will give you real perspective. Until then you are basically still a child reaching for the shiny toy.

Guffaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 06:20 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCool16 View Post
He's talking about the half-cage, not the full one, which clearly is allowed:

And it looks terrible.
Yikes. Using an ancient hockey card to make a point in the modern NHL.

I was under the impression that the metal cages are not allowed (including half cages) because the metal bars can bend and are dangerous.

From my lacrosse days Ive seen guys get cut on the cheek from broken bars, and those cages were heavier duty that the ones used in hockey.

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote