HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Pittsburgher Thread: The Bubble Bunch

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-03-2013, 11:47 PM
  #26
Shockmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,730
vCash: 500
The Cleveland Browns are first place in the AFC North.


That's all I need to say.

Shockmaster is online now  
Old
10-04-2013, 10:30 AM
  #27
Steve Durbano
Registered User
 
Steve Durbano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Burbs of Bmore
Country: United States
Posts: 785
vCash: 500
This is looking like a multi-year rebuild as others have said. If that is in fact true, you clean house this off season.

That said, I think you have to take the tackle, unless you're going to switch to a 4-3 and go with Clowney. We'll never do that as long as Dick is here.

Steve Durbano is offline  
Old
10-04-2013, 10:43 AM
  #28
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 14,282
vCash: 500
The Steelers are 0-4, the Pirates are in the playoffs and the Browns lead the AFC North division. Feels like a weird dream.

Hoyer got hurt last night. Best case scenario is a sprained knee but it might be an ACL tear. I don't think Weeden is that good so I doubt this success lasts for the Browns if Hoyer misses a lot of time. It might not even last with Hoyer but I guess it could since the division is so weak right now.

Whenever I watch the Bills I can't help but wonder what the Steelers were thinking when they let Kraig Urbik go so soon. He's a very solid guard in this league.

That Kiko Alonso kid is a damn beast. Very impressed by him last night.

Captain Hook is online now  
Old
10-04-2013, 12:44 PM
  #29
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 39,246
vCash: 500
Steelers 1-7 in last 8 games when Ben Roethlisberger throws over 40 times a game. Not the first time i read that. I actually saw a stat that for his career, they are 8-16 when he throws 40+ times a game, but I cannot find the article now.

We have got to find an identity for this run game. I think maybe throwing Brown on the right side with DeCastro and Velasco, and use just a completely stupid, dumbed down blocking scheme may help the cause.

JTG is offline  
Old
10-04-2013, 12:48 PM
  #30
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 39,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
The Steelers are 0-4, the Pirates are in the playoffs and the Browns lead the AFC North division. Feels like a weird dream.

Hoyer got hurt last night. Best case scenario is a sprained knee but it might be an ACL tear. I don't think Weeden is that good so I doubt this success lasts for the Browns if Hoyer misses a lot of time. It might not even last with Hoyer but I guess it could since the division is so weak right now.

Whenever I watch the Bills I can't help but wonder what the Steelers were thinking when they let Kraig Urbik go so soon. He's a very solid guard in this league.

That Kiko Alonso kid is a damn beast. Very impressed by him last night.
Yeah. Urbik was claimed on waivers wasn't he? I liked that guy a lot when we drafted him.

JTG is offline  
Old
10-04-2013, 12:59 PM
  #31
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 33,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Steelers 1-7 in last 8 games when Ben Roethlisberger throws over 40 times a game. Not the first time i read that. I actually saw a stat that for his career, they are 8-16 when he throws 40+ times a game, but I cannot find the article now.

We have got to find an identity for this run game. I think maybe throwing Brown on the right side with DeCastro and Velasco, and use just a completely stupid, dumbed down blocking scheme may help the cause.
That is one of those stupid stats, like 'when Joe Blow rushes for over 100 yards his team is 99-1! Well yeah, because the team is running out the damn clock and handing the ball 35 times. The same is true the other way. When your QB is throwing the ball over 40 times, almost always it is because your team is down, and not by a little.

Jaded-Fan is offline  
Old
10-04-2013, 01:09 PM
  #32
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 39,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
That is one of those stupid stats, like 'when Joe Blow rushes for over 100 yards his team is 99-1! Well yeah, because the team is running out the damn clock and handing the ball 35 times. The same is true the other way. When your QB is throwing the ball over 40 times, almost always it is because your team is down, and not by a little.
Not necessarily. You can see that over the years, and especially under Arians where the team is passing in running situations. You have to pass when you need to pass, and you have to run when you need to run. You don't do one at the detriment of the other, and we've been doing that for probably 5 years now. That's why the redzone offense has been sub-par.

It's a chicken or the egg argument.

JTG is offline  
Old
10-04-2013, 01:15 PM
  #33
Shockmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
That is one of those stupid stats, like 'when Joe Blow rushes for over 100 yards his team is 99-1! Well yeah, because the team is running out the damn clock and handing the ball 35 times. The same is true the other way. When your QB is throwing the ball over 40 times, almost always it is because your team is down, and not by a little.
That's because the Steelers usually dick around for the first half of the game, trying to establish old-school yinzer football. Then when that doesn't work they need Ben to bail them out, which usually means he has to throw 40-50 times.

They should let him do more early on in the game. Then maybe he'll have to do less later on.

Shockmaster is online now  
Old
10-04-2013, 01:24 PM
  #34
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 14,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Yeah. Urbik was claimed on waivers wasn't he? I liked that guy a lot when we drafted him.
Yep. I think at least 4 other teams tried to claim him at the time too. It was a bizarre decision by the Steelers even back then.

Captain Hook is online now  
Old
10-04-2013, 03:55 PM
  #35
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Iceland
Posts: 56,857
vCash: 50
A 3rd round pick the year before, Urbik was amongst the final cuts to enter the 2010 season. Tony Hills made that team.

Why the team showed infinite patience with Tony Hills, yet none for Urbik will always baffle me. Hills was also a 3rd round pick, but he never made any progress after being drafted and didn't dress for a single game his first two seasons (and only 4 that third season before he finally got cut).

__________________
“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is online now  
Old
10-04-2013, 05:58 PM
  #36
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 39,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
A 3rd round pick the year before, Urbik was amongst the final cuts to enter the 2010 season. Tony Hills made that team.

Why the team showed infinite patience with Tony Hills, yet none for Urbik will always baffle me. Hills was also a 3rd round pick, but he never made any progress after being drafted and didn't dress for a single game his first two seasons (and only 4 that third season before he finally got cut).
Yeah, the fact that we kept Tony Hills (or even drafted him at all) still baffles me to the fullest extent. He even sucked in college. Urbik has turned into a really solid starting guard. That was a pretty solid draft for us. Starting defensive end, starting wideout, starting corner, starting guard, and starting h-back. Too bad none of them are here anymore aside from Hood and Johnson.

JTG is offline  
Old
10-04-2013, 06:31 PM
  #37
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 14,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Yeah, the fact that we kept Tony Hills (or even drafted him at all) still baffles me to the fullest extent. He even sucked in college. Urbik has turned into a really solid starting guard. That was a pretty solid draft for us. Starting defensive end, starting wideout, starting corner, starting guard, and starting h-back. Too bad none of them are here anymore aside from Hood and Johnson.
Yeah, that draft is really frustrating. The team hit on so many picks and yet it still feels like that draft class didn't work out that well since almost all of the good picks have already moved on to other teams for various reasons.

Captain Hook is online now  
Old
10-05-2013, 08:41 AM
  #38
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 20,289
vCash: 500
Gameday, Go Bucks!



__________________

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline  
Old
10-05-2013, 10:57 AM
  #39
Shockmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,730
vCash: 500
End of Line, I'm just curious......

Are you a Penn State fan?

Shockmaster is online now  
Old
10-06-2013, 12:00 AM
  #40
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 20,289
vCash: 500
6-0 (18-0)


End of Line is offline  
Old
10-06-2013, 11:29 AM
  #41
ColePens
Global Moderator
THE National Champs
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 36,867
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
EOL, I HATED how Miller has been playing. His knee is not 100%. He can't even outrun a linebacker and is making poor scared decisions. We barely snuck that game out last night.

ColePens is online now  
Old
10-06-2013, 11:35 AM
  #42
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 20,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
EOL, I HATED how Miller has been playing. His knee is not 100%. He can't even outrun a linebacker and is making poor scared decisions. We barely snuck that game out last night.
I'll give credit where credit is due, NW is damn good team. Miller's reads last night we terrible and yeah, his knee is not 100% at all. Thank god for Hyde. He did not want to lose last night. Also, Joey Bosa is a beast for only being a freshman.

End of Line is offline  
Old
10-06-2013, 11:53 AM
  #43
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 39,246
vCash: 500
So how bout that weather out there boys

JTG is offline  
Old
10-06-2013, 12:06 PM
  #44
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 14,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
So how bout that weather out there boys
I hate it. It's not so bad outside but I had to take out the air conditioners because a million stink bugs start getting into the house this time of year. It's been unbearably hot in my house the past few days. Not usually a problem but it is on the weekend when you want to stay in and watch football on tv a lot of the day.

Captain Hook is online now  
Old
10-06-2013, 12:13 PM
  #45
Shockmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,730
vCash: 500
Today is a very good day.....

The Steelers aren't playing.

Shockmaster is online now  
Old
10-06-2013, 01:11 PM
  #46
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 39,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
I hate it. It's not so bad outside but I had to take out the air conditioners because a million stink bugs start getting into the house this time of year. It's been unbearably hot in my house the past few days. Not usually a problem but it is on the weekend when you want to stay in and watch football on tv a lot of the day.
I went to turn my AC on 2 nights ago, and when I do, I hear something inside crunching as the fan starts turning. My air conditioner then blew out stink bug stink. I just sweat it out, needless to say.

JTG is offline  
Old
10-06-2013, 11:45 PM
  #47
Shockmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,730
vCash: 500
BREAKING NEWS: Steelers owner Art Rooney II on suicide watch after watching Broncos-Cowboys game.

Shockmaster is online now  
Old
10-07-2013, 12:15 AM
  #48
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 14,282
vCash: 500
I was out for a while today. Just got in and caught up on the football stuff I recorded. I'm not sure I've ever seen a QB play better than Peyton Manning is currently playing. He seems completely unstoppable at the moment. It's been fun to watch.

The Steelers only little shred of hope was their division sucks. It still might but the entire AFC North won this week and the Steelers have fallen even further behind. It's just very weird to see the Steelers in the cellar of the division standings.

Captain Hook is online now  
Old
10-07-2013, 12:58 AM
  #49
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 33,688
vCash: 500
I have not really paid attention today.

How badly did the Steelers lose to Bye Week?

Jaded-Fan is offline  
Old
10-07-2013, 01:08 AM
  #50
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 34,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
I have not really paid attention today.

How badly did the Steelers lose to Bye Week?
Hey now, they still managed to cover the spread.

KIRK is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.