HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 12/17)

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2013, 02:21 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Twinkies, Rush Limbaugh, The Weekly World News and Wrestlemania?
And Lindsay Lohan!

Old
10-02-2013, 02:30 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Calle Andersson didn't score today, but was on the ice for both of his team's PP goals.

It's just pain.
Old
10-03-2013, 01:28 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
After missing the last game for Severstal, Pavel Buchnevich was back in the lineup today. He was scoreless, while playing just 9:39. He only recorded 4 minutes TOI after the first period. He was also a -1 for the night.

Old
10-06-2013, 08:45 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Minnesota played a preseason game last night against a Canadian college team.

From a Gopher fan

Quote:
Really like the way Brady Skjei is taking charge.
https://twitter.com/MazzPuck/status/386659043005444096

Old
10-06-2013, 08:58 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
North Dakota (Tambellini), Michigan (Nieves) and Notre Dame (Fogarty) all play exhibition games tonight. Then, everyone opens with real games next weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Minnesota played a preseason game last night against a Canadian college team.
Skjei had a PP assist on the final goal.

Old
10-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Ola

Calle Andersson with an assist tonight after two. The game is on tv but it's a little bad time for me but I hope to catch a few minutes.

Old
10-06-2013, 10:50 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Skjei was paired with Justin Holl last night. Holl played RW last season because the Gophers had a million D. Its a big year for Skjei. Lucia said Skjei and Reilly are expected to have bigger roles than last season.

https://twitter.com/JGonStrib/status...811138/photo/1

Old
10-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Calle Andersson with an assist tonight after two. The game is on tv but it's a little bad time for me but I hope to catch a few minutes.
I've been watching the 3rd period. Andersson has been benched while Malmö is protecting a 3-2 lead.

He is a bit similar to Strålman in that he's very calm with the puck, almost to a fault. I really like it, but he lost the puck behind his own net which may have prompted his benching.

Random observation: Malmö only has two right shooting defencmen, both are named Andersson and they have numbers 57 (Calle) and 75 (Rasmus). Are they being intentionally confusing?

Old
10-06-2013, 11:48 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Rasmus and Calle are brothers.

Their father, Peter, was drafted by the Rangers in 1983.

Old
10-06-2013, 11:49 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Skjei was paired with Justin Holl last night. Holl played RW last season because the Gophers had a million D. Its a big year for Skjei. Lucia said Skjei and Reilly are expected to have bigger roles than last season.

https://twitter.com/JGonStrib/status...811138/photo/1
Being paired with a guy who played forward last season isn't an encouraging start...

Old
10-06-2013, 12:05 PM
TheRightWay

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Being paired with a guy who played forward last season isn't an encouraging start...
It's a pre-season game. Maybe the coach was just trying out random combinations. Or maybe it's a testament to Skjei's ability that he'd be put with a weak link. Or maybe Holl is a very good defenseman but only played wing because he has a history of it. Not going to pretend to know the reasoning and I'm going to throw out a guess that you don't, either.

Old
10-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
I've been watching the 3rd period. Andersson has been benched while Malmö is protecting a 3-2 lead.

He is a bit similar to Strålman in that he's very calm with the puck, almost to a fault. I really like it, but he lost the puck behind his own net which may have prompted his benching.

Random observation: Malmö only has two right shooting defencmen, both are named Andersson and they have numbers 57 (Calle) and 75 (Rasmus). Are they being intentionally confusing?

on hockeydb it says he is a LW and only 16.. is this true http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=165972

maybe a future Rangers pick in 2015 draft

Old
10-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

Now that you mention it, Peter Andersson was actually my first favorite hockey player when I was young. Solely because he was a participant on my favorite tv program, the game show "Fångarna på Fortet" (The prisoners at the fort). I have his hockey card from when he was playing for Malmö in the early 90's.

Didn't know Calle was his son, now I like him even more as a prospect!

Old
10-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
on hockeydb it says he is a LW and only 16.. is this true http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=165972

He was playing RD today, and was entrusted with ice time while his brother rode the pine.

Wow, 16 years old and not looking out of place in Allsvenskan? Should be a first rounder if he can continue developing.

Old
10-06-2013, 01:20 PM
TheRightWay

vCash: 505
Quote:
He was playing RD today, and was entrusted with ice time while his brother rode the pine.

Wow, 16 years old and not looking out of place in Allsvenskan? Should be a first rounder if he can continue developing.
Elite Prospects lists him as a defenseman and as having won all sorts of awards for defense.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=86137

Old
10-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Joey Bones

Quote:

Read somewhere that he definitely is getting first round hype, forgot where though.

Old
10-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:

He had two solid years in Sweden before he came over at age 26 or 27 I forget. Neilson liked him, Keenan did not.

I was a fan of his in 92-93, watched him many times playing for the Bing Rangers
Solid, unspectacular player. Just retired a few years back, he's a respected GM, coach and scout in Sweden.

Quote:
Not really. I like Holl, good all around player, might be a steady partner for a guy who is going to be taking more chances this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post

Yeah, he'd be the kind of pick this team would make as far as the past connection goes. He may be a really good player who never makes it to our pick like NYlanders kid soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
Read somewhere that he definitely is getting first round hype, forgot where though.

Yeah he's got alot going for him, still early, but he has skill and bloodlines.

Old
10-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
Elite Prospects lists him as a defenseman and as having won all sorts of awards for defense.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=86137
He is a D. Very good prospect, probably a lock to go in the 1st round in 15'.

Calle is playin on the 3rd pairing and top PP unit, he is getting solid ice time. He sat late in the last game when the coach only used the top 2 pairings. Calle is just back after a long injury, he is at times taking very short shifts. I don't think his conditioning has caught up yet.

Old
10-08-2013, 07:11 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Buchnevich played yesterday. He only played 5 shifts in the first, then was out the rest of the game. I don't know if he was benched or if it was due to injury.

Old
10-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Ola

Quote:
Buchnevich played yesterday. He only played 5 shifts in the first, then was out the rest of the game. I don't know if he was benched or if it was due to injury.
My backbone feeling on him, without having seen his team play this year, is that he is a very young kid playing in a very tough environment.

It sounds like he is used like many other kids that age, that mature, at that level. It can be good for him for a little while, a full season with some junior and national junior team hockey on top of it. He can't be stuck in that role forever though...

Old
10-08-2013, 03:14 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Of the seven D-men on the roster this season, there is one candidate with the skill set to be the #1 defenseman this team needs, and it's the gentleman pictured at the top in the Team USA jersey. Sophomore Brady Skjei has the size at 6'3 and 205 lbs, speed (one of the best skaters in college hockey), and experience to replace Schmidt's "everythingness", and we've seen a few encouraging signs he might be ready. After a disappointing freshman season last year when Skjei finished with just three assists and was a healthy scratch in a few games late in the season, Skjei had a very good World Juniors Eval camp in August, and according to a buddy of mine who was at the cagematch/hockey game last Saturday against Lethbridge, he looked much more confident and aggressive than last year.

The Lakeville native was a first round pick of the New York Rangers in 2012 and a graduate of the USA National Development program who, before he came to The U, was on Team USA"s top defensive pairing with uber prospect and 2013 4th overall pick Seth Jones. Last season Skjei played a lot, and mostly with Schmidt, but looked tentative at times and lacked the confidence you'd expect to see from someone as talented as he is. His offensive game is also a long, long way from someone like Schmidt's, or even a few of his current teammates, but to be the #1 defenseman the team needs, Skjei doesn't have to be the best offensive defenseman because he can potentially do everything else so well.

He's arguably the most responsible defenseman in his own zone as he's shown good instincts and hockey IQ, his size and reach give him an advantage to block shots and passing lanes as well as physically move forwards out of the way, and his speed allow him to cut down angles and get to offensive players much easier. He's shown with the USNDP and previous international competition that he can handle top pairing minutes and play a lot in all situations, so we know everything is there for him to be the team's #1 guy. Can he play the point on the power play? Said buddy said head coach Don Lucia had him in just that spot in the exhibition game against Lethbridge and he looked pretty good doing it. Summer eval camps and exhibition games are obviously not the regular season, but I'm cautiously optimistic Skjei can make some big strides in his game this season and start living up to the hype he came into the program with. If he can, he makes everyone else's job much easier.
http://www.thedailygopher.com/2013/1...iew-defensemen

The Rangers need Skjei to take that next step and become a top player. The Rangers can't be the Flyers and have all of their D have huge cap hits. The Flyers have seven defensemen including Pronger with cap hits greater than $3.5M.

Old
10-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Ola

Calle Andersson had zero pts tonight in his teams 3-0 win.

He was promoted to the 2nd pairing though bumping his little brother to the 3rd pair. Top PP unit.

Old
10-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Ola

RB- Good point. OTOH, the 5-6 Ds don't have to be rooks.

Allen looks good though. Between him and McI we should get some infusion. Skjei should be 2-3 years away.

Old
10-08-2013, 05:37 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Wait so is Calle playing in the SEL?

Old
10-08-2013, 05:58 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Wait so is Calle playing in the SEL?
No, he signed with his hometown team, Malmo. They were just relegated to Allsvenskan this year. Malmo has a good club, there's a good chance they'll win their way back into the SHL for next season.

Closed Thread