HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anthony Stolarz

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-06-2013, 12:54 AM
  #101
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 12,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymed View Post
5-0 with 2.20 and .934
our best prospect.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 06:06 AM
  #102
Flyerss
Registered User
 
Flyerss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,821
vCash: 50
what if we drafted Matta and Zadorov instead of Laughton,Morin they would have instant chemistry

Zadorov-Maatta

Stolarz

Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 02:58 PM
  #103
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
The thing I really am afraid of is if next year if he is the AHL(and it sounds like that likely happens) is that if he kills it in the first 2 or 3 months of the AHL and the Flyers get excited and call him up. He struggles and they send him back down and he doesnt regain his confidence.
He is going to have to be ready physically and mentally to play at this level. I do not trust the judgement of this organization when it comes to goaltending. They have not given me a reason to trust them. so I am going to be a bit pessimistic on how they are going to handle Stolarz until they give me a reason that I can trust the judgement of the folks in the organization.
Relax. You need a chill pill. Trust me when I tell you. You can walk outside and the sky will not hit you on the head. Unless you live where I do, then you might get nailed by a acorn.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 03:03 PM
  #104
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerss View Post
what if we drafted Matta and Zadorov instead of Laughton,Morin they would have instant chemistry

Zadorov-Maatta

Stolarz
Laughton > Maatta
Morin = Zadorov

Maatta & Zadorov weren't even paired together last year & have yet to play games this year for London.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 03:16 PM
  #105
Tripod
Registered User
 
Tripod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 500
Hopefully by the time he is ready, Philly will employ a system that is goalie friendly, not the garbage we have watched over the last year and a half.

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 03:39 PM
  #106
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
our best prospect.
From where Stolarz started last season to where he is now, he's easily the MOST improved prospect. I've been to a few Knights games this year (going again on October 25th against Erie) and he's been lights out. Technically, he's become much more proficient at squaring himself up to the shooter and not relying on athleticism to make routine saves. His rebound control has also improved and his stick handling has been significantly better.

He'll still need around two seasons in the AHL though to really fine tune the mechanics and his stick handling. With that being said, he's not far away at all and this is a guy who has the ability to be really good for a very, very, very long time. I've said it before and I'll say it again - he is a legitimate blue chip prospect for the Flyers. I'll also go on record and say this - he's probably the best goaltending prospect in all of junior hockey right now.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 03:43 PM
  #107
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Laughton > Maatta
Morin = Zadorov

Maatta & Zadorov weren't even paired together last year & have yet to play games this year for London.
How did you reach that conclusion? Matta has looked great since getting drafted.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 03:47 PM
  #108
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
How did you reach that conclusion? Matta has looked great since getting drafted.
I like Laughton better personally but even so it's a wash.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 04:33 PM
  #109
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 32,551
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Relax. You need a chill pill. Trust me when I tell you. You can walk outside and the sky will not hit you on the head. Unless you live where I do, then you might get nailed by a acorn.
an acorn cracked my car windshield last month.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 08:22 PM
  #110
MayonnaiseOreo
Registered User
 
MayonnaiseOreo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: University Park, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
From where Stolarz started last season to where he is now, he's easily the MOST improved prospect. I've been to a few Knights games this year (going again on October 25th against Erie) and he's been lights out. Technically, he's become much more proficient at squaring himself up to the shooter and not relying on athleticism to make routine saves. His rebound control has also improved and his stick handling has been significantly better.

He'll still need around two seasons in the AHL though to really fine tune the mechanics and his stick handling. With that being said, he's not far away at all and this is a guy who has the ability to be really good for a very, very, very long time. I've said it before and I'll say it again - he is a legitimate blue chip prospect for the Flyers. I'll also go on record and say this - he's probably the best goaltending prospect in all of junior hockey right now.
I can already see the NHL pun headlines: "Stolar Performance Gets Flyers the Win"

MayonnaiseOreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 04:00 PM
  #111
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 15,077
vCash: 500
Posted the clip in the Miscellaneous thread, but here's what Stolarz did to earn himself an 8 game suspension:


__________________
I deride your truth handling abilities

Last edited by CanadianFlyer88: 03-26-2014 at 04:14 PM.
CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 04:12 PM
  #112
sharpeye97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
A little bit of Hexy in him. Definitely a Flyer.

sharpeye97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 04:21 PM
  #113
NHLAlert
@nhl_alert
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Uberlandia
Country: Brazil
Posts: 532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Posted the clip in the Miscellaneous thread, but here's what Stolarz did to earn himself an 8 game suspension:

How stupid could he be for doing something like that?

NHLAlert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 04:22 PM
  #114
WelcomeToGirouxSalem
Registered User
 
WelcomeToGirouxSalem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 375
vCash: 500
If Hextall becomes GM we know who our starter is going to be.

WelcomeToGirouxSalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 04:44 PM
  #115
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 13,250
vCash: 500
did you guys see/hear about the goalie in the recent London Knights game ??

after getting lite up for 6 goals, he asked to be replaced, the coach said no.

so after the score was 8 against, he skated off the ice, left the arena.. hahahah

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...022243884.html

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 05:07 PM
  #116
Devastate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,331
vCash: 500
That's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
did you guys see/hear about the goalie in the recent London Knights game ??

after getting lite up for 6 goals, he asked to be replaced, the coach said no.

so after the score was 8 against, he skated off the ice, left the arena.. hahahah

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...022243884.html
That's so awesome. It's like Patrick Roy

Devastate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 11:53 PM
  #117
kolankosf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WelcomeToGirouxSalem View Post
If Hextall becomes GM we know who our starter is going to be.
Guess we know the next guy who'll be wearing 27! (as if that joke hasn't been made yet)

kolankosf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 05:56 AM
  #118
kicksave27
Registered User
 
kicksave27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,255
vCash: 500
Good to see the kid get up after a shot like that and he wasn't permanently disabled after a one handed love tap like that. Was there a sniper on the upper deck or something?

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 07:35 AM
  #119
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 12,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
Good to see the kid get up after a shot like that and he wasn't permanently disabled after a one handed love tap like that. Was there a sniper on the upper deck or something?
The Chl and the Nhl are complete opposite when it comes to intention.

In the NHL if Mason did that to a player and the player got up and walked away he may get fined or a 1 game suspension. If the player was seriously injured he would be suspended 5 games.

In the Chl just the intent is 8 games. In those two systems i think the NHL has it right, even though everyone always complains.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 09:01 AM
  #120
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au
 
FlyersFanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,020
vCash: 500
Stolarz= Next Hextall with a hack like that...lol

__________________
Love My Flyers!
FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 09:02 AM
  #121
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,993
vCash: 500
No, he deserves it. You can't knock someone in the head like that. Everyone always complains about the NHL because their punishment system isn't a deterrent on top of being wildly inconsistent.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 09:12 AM
  #122
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,388
vCash: 500
It was a dumb move, it really hurts because the kid was playing outstanding as usual. He hurts his team big time by that move and its possible he's not there next year to help them again. He maybe in in the AHL.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 09:21 AM
  #123
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
an acorn cracked my car windshield last month.
LOL I just saw that. Now watch out for deer!

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 09:24 AM
  #124
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
No, he deserves it. You can't knock someone in the head like that. Everyone always complains about the NHL because their punishment system isn't a deterrent on top of being wildly inconsistent.
Absolutely. The NHL's disciplinary system is embarrasingly lenient with little regard to player safety. Baseline punishments for hits to the head (irrespective of perceived intent) should be implemented, with additional games tacked on for intent and resultant injury. The current review process puts way too much weight on the recipient's injury status. Among other things, it actually fosters embellishment.

8 games for Stolarz is the upper limit of appropriate in my opinion.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 11:44 AM
  #125
kicksave27
Registered User
 
kicksave27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
Stolarz= Next Hextall with a hack like that...lol
Hexy needs to teach him the soft spots you can jab without getting caught

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.