HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Version 2.0: How long before Laviolette gets canned?

View Poll Results: How long before Lavi gets canned?
His Christmas gift this year will be a pink slip 63 50.81%
He'll make it to the end of the season and then be fired 21 16.94%
He will continue for the duration of his contract extension 16 12.90%
Never..it's always somebody else's fault (goalie, players etc.) 8 6.45%
Other (post in thread) 16 12.90%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
I think they could easily be 2-6 by the time Pittsburgh come to town and beat us.
Wow, an optimist!

Old
10-06-2013, 10:16 AM
flyershockey

vCash: 50
Just a thought: The only three players putting in a quality and consistent effort are Lecavalier and Streit (who didn't play for Lavy last year), and Rinaldo who's just fighting to stay in the NHL. The rest looked like they've given up on Lavy.

Old
10-06-2013, 11:13 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
I would say this is pretty damning...also it seems pretty obvious how to counter the Flyers attack game. It is really all about patience and discipline and having a good netminder to weather the initial storm. It doesnt take much to rattle and frustrate the Flyers if they dont get their way or fall behind...I do think it is both system and roster related.
Glad we agree Bill

Quote:
The Flyers struggle offensively and defensively against teams that play with discipline and attack with speed. At five-on-five, they spend far too much time in their own end of the ice. The puck support is often lacking, and the Flyers lose too many battles along the walls even against smaller players. Philadelphia also takes too many minor penalties, sometimes out of desperation to prevent scoring chances but just often are lazy infractions.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...1#.UlGLcyinR8s

Old
10-06-2013, 11:16 AM
FlyingPhilly

I am all for a new coach. but the question is who. Plus, I don't want a coach that has already been here, like Murray.

Old
10-06-2013, 11:19 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilly View Post
I am all for a new coach. but the question is who. Plus, I don't want a coach that has already been here, like Murray.
Well I'm not a Murray fan but he might be a good transitional coach who will emphasize basics like getting shots on goal and not the glass and playing with more discipline. Murray is more X's and O's and it looks like we need to get back to that b/c Lavi's message and style is dead with the players..

Old
10-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

It's ashame because I like Lavy as a person, but he needs to go... How stubborn can he be to not alter/adjust his system when his job should be depending on it?

Old
10-06-2013, 12:41 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

other. he wont make Christmas

Old
10-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilly View Post
I would much rather have Murray here for the rest of the 13-14 season than Lavoilette.

Old
10-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Tripod

The other day Lavi came out and said they need to hit the net more with their shots. He said it happens in practice too!!! Hold the accountable!!! It is your job!!! People ***** about our #9 forward spot being a weak spot. Look at other teams and the crap they have in that spot. Lavi does not get the most out of his players that most good coaches do. He'll, if we played no defense and were winning/ losing 6-5 then at least I would say his system is an offensive one. We do neither one well. We are a PP team that needs to score 2-3 PP goals to win a game.

And for all those people saying "it's only preseason, relax" how do you feel now? It is obvious this team does not compete for their coach. Make a change before it is too late.

Old
10-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
The other day Lavi came out and said they need to hit the net more with their shots. He said it happens in practice too!!! Hold them accountable!!! It is your job!!! People ***** about our #9 forward spot being a weak spot. Look at other teams and the crap they have in that spot. Lavi does not get the most out of his players that most good coaches do. He'll, if we played no defense and were winning/ losing 6-5 then at least I would say his system is an offensive one. We do neither one well. We are a PP team that needs to score 2-3 PP goals to win a game.

And for all those people saying "it's only preseason, relax" how do you feel now? It is obvious this team does not compete for their coach. Make a change before it is too late.
He has never held the team accountable. Bad penalty? Get right out there. Lazy backcheck? You're up.

Simply put, we have a team full of character grinder types, like Boston, for example, that needs to play a 5 man-unit puck support game. Short passes to open men. Lavy's system is founded on spreading the other team out by sending our guys to the far blueline -where they get the puck standing still and are easy pickin's for the other team.

Old
10-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
He has never held the team accountable. Bad penalty? Get right out there. Lazy backcheck? You're up.

Simply put, we have a team full of character grinder types, like Boston, for example, that needs to play a 5 man-unit puck support game. Short passes to open men. Lavy's system is founded on spreading the other team out by sending our guys to the far blueline -where they get the puck standing still and are easy pickin's for the other team.
Briere last year is Exhibits A-Z4 of this.

10-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
100% agree. I loved seeing Carlyle bench Kadri for half a period against us. Hold players accountable! Not a hard concept. We have the same issues today as we did all of last year and in pre-season.

I am happy that this game is on TV in Canada today!! Maybe I will bring hem luck!!

Old
10-06-2013, 04:33 PM
aceman80

Bye bye Lavy.
He is not gonna make it,i give 10 games. Sooner he goes better for Flyers.
Third season without changing system,like you trying to brake brick wall with your head.

Old
10-06-2013, 06:33 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Bye Lavy. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Old
10-06-2013, 06:34 PM
LegionOfDoom91

I think he's still the coach by tomorrow.

Old
10-06-2013, 06:35 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
I think we should give him an extension. 51 reg season **** games and he's still here.

Old
10-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Esq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceman80 View Post
Third season without changing system,like you trying to brake brick wall with your head.
Exactly how I feel.

Old
10-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
He got canned from Carolina for lack of adjustment:

"It's about changing to get the chemistry back on our team, to get the confidence back on our team and make what I would say minor adjustments in a system that really worked in the Stanley Cup year. But teams have adjusted to it, and our team hasn't adjusted over the last couple of years." - Jim Rutherford

Sound familiar? Replace Stanley cup with 'finals' and Homer could copy and paste that for his announcement.

Everyone here knows he will not change it in Philly either.

He has been a good coach for us... but the bell tolls.

Old
10-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
And Briere even tried his best to help us last night, with two lazy hooks, but we didn't take advantage.

Old
10-06-2013, 06:54 PM
MP92
Catching flies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post

"It's about changing to get the chemistry back on our team, to get the confidence back on our team and make what I would say minor adjustments in a system that really worked in the Stanley Cup year. But teams have adjusted to it, and our team hasn't adjusted over the last couple of years." - Jim Rutherford

Sound familiar? Replace Stanley cup with 'finals' and Homer could copy and paste that for his announcement.

And ya think Lavi would have learned from that. Coaches are some of the most stubborn people on Earth

Old
10-06-2013, 06:55 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5872
I don't think Holmgren will fire Lavy without giving him a chance to turn it around. The question will ultimately be how many points is Holmgren willing to give away because he didn't want to do this in the off-season

Old
10-06-2013, 06:55 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post

Nice find..albeit scary....very scary

Old
10-06-2013, 06:56 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I don't think Holmgren will fire Lavy without giving him a chance to turn it around. The question will ultimately be how many points is Holmgren willing to give away because he didn't want to do this in the off-season
He showed no turning it around in the pre-season and he hasn't shown anything now after 3 games. Same ****, different day. Boring, stupid, lazy hockey that is being outworked by much weaker teams.

Old
10-06-2013, 06:56 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Lavi looks confused and defeated like last year.......

Old
10-06-2013, 06:57 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5872
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
He showed no turning it around in the pre-season and he hasn't shown anything now after 3 games. Same ****, different day. Boring, stupid, lazy hockey that is being outworked by much weaker teams.
To take a line from Appleyard, sound familiar? That's exactly what happened with Stevens. Except back then Holmgren was giving him players, with Lavy he took them away.

Closed Thread