HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Locks

vCash: 500
Any idea why Reway did not play today? Is he still dealing with some sickness?

Old
10-06-2013, 08:18 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locks View Post
Yeah exactly, that's what I read too.

Old
10-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Bozon is playing like a bozo right now.

Old
10-06-2013, 09:04 PM
kernkraft

Anyone else thinking that McCarron should be moved to C? He seems like a better playmaker than goal scorer.

Old
10-06-2013, 09:22 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Bozon is playing like a bozo right now.
And suddenly, that last year draft doesnt look as sexy as it looked at the begin..

Collberg with a desapointing camp, has yet to prove he can produce against men..

Thrower has "bust" wrote all over him..

Bozon has 1 goal after 6 games played lol, ridiculously bad start for the french floater...

Vail = fail

And Hudon and his back problems..

By luck we could draft a franchise foward in Galchenyuk with the third overall pick..

Old
10-06-2013, 09:27 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
And suddenly, that last year draft doesnt look as sexy as it looked at the begin..

Collberg with a desapointing camp, has yet to prove he can produce against men..

Bozon has 1 goal after 6 games played lol, ridiculously bad start for the french floater...

Vail = fail

By luck we could draft a franchise foward in Galchenyuk with the third overall pick..
Vail's got 10 pts in 6 games. Collberg will be fine.

Bozon will bounce back but I don't know if he has a future with us. Still a good prospect. Hudon needs to stop playing injured.

Old
10-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:

Vail = fail

The draft in general looks weak. Not just our picks. Several top 10 picks already are starting to look like they wont be first line/first pairing guys.

Old
10-06-2013, 10:11 PM
la25ecoupe

examples?

Old
10-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:

Vail = fail

Players bust at 19 now ?

Delusional.

Old
10-06-2013, 11:03 PM
sharks9

Quote:

Vail = fail

So a few weeks erases all the good those guys did last year?

Old
10-07-2013, 12:42 AM
Aceekay

Quote:

Vail = fail

You're a good person, throwing our prospects under the bus after two weeks.

Old
10-07-2013, 01:08 AM
Macbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
Seems to me you can't handle the truth, dudemate!!!1

Old
10-07-2013, 01:49 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
So a few weeks erases all the good those guys did last year?
Im only saying this draft as a whole doesnt look very sexy anymore..

Vail had a very poor rookie camp and a very poor U20 USA summer camp as well.. was among the first cuts.. Bozon didnt do enough to get the chance to play 1 exhibition game.. Collberg is being outplayed by a 7th round Maple Leafs pick in the SEL and while he wasnt 100%, still had a desapointing camp.. Hudon's chronical back probs are very worrysome.. Thrower was a joke to watch last year in his own zone..

Not every Timmins picks will play in the NHL, and last year draft doesnt look as bright as we thought at the beginning.. I think our last draft has better potential to develop future NHLers..

Old
10-07-2013, 01:56 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbeth View Post
Seems to me you can't handle the truth, dudemate!!!1
Truth in what exactly? Because its an opinion not a fact or truth.

I dont have a problem with people saying they think players are going to bust, because that happens all the time and its expected. I have a problem with people looking at stats after two weeks, and saying, well he only has 1 goal, might as well label him as a bust.

I remember at the beginning of the chl last season and galchenyuk wasn't producing much, everyone was criticizing him and saying "look at how good Grigorenko is playing, we should have drafted him instead." Same **** every season, 2 games in and eller's a superstar 6 games in and bozon, thrower, collberg and vail are all busts. Knee jerk reactions never change.

Last edited by Aceekay: 10-07-2013 at 02:11 AM.
Old
10-07-2013, 01:56 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Im only saying this draft as a whole doesnt look very sexy anymore..

Vail had a very poor rookie camp and a very poor U20 USA summer camp as well.. was among the first cuts.. Bozon didnt do enough to get the chance to play 1 exhibition game.. Collberg is being outplayed by a 7th round Maple Leafs pick in the SEL and while he wasnt 100%, still had a desapointing camp.. Hudon's chronical back probs are very worrysome.. Thrower was a joke to watch last year in his own zone..

Not every Timmins picks will play in the NHL, and last year draft doesnt look as bright as we thought at the beginning.. I think our last draft has better potential to develop future NHLers..
That I agree with. I think this last draft will be huge in our future success.

I'm pretty much excited about all of our picks this past draft. They're all varying degrees of intriguing.

Old
10-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Treb

Quote:

Vail = fail

Collberg was top5 in ppg for players U20 that played more than 15 games last year. Still pointless in 4 games this year, but knee injury are a pain to heal, as a habs fan you should know.

Thrower has currently 2 points in 2 games, not that bad of a start. He played crappy last year for a team that was completely trash. He's still in the WHL, because he needs the confidence boost. Don Hay is perfect for him.

As for Bozon, he's one of the 13 guys that combined for 14 goals in 6 games for the Blazers, they're in for a rough year. Only 7different Blazers scored in 6 games.

Vail had rough NHL and U20 camps, but they seemed to serve as wake-up call. He currently have 10 points in 6 games. Don't forget he also did good in 12 games in Hamilton last year (4points).

Hudon injury problems are troubling, but still too soon to call them hampering.

Nystrom also did good at camp, we'll see what he does with Hamilton.

Old
10-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Et le But

Quote:

Vail = fail

Well, this always happens. We had a fantastic draft but there's a reason all these guys fell beyond the first round, even the borderline first rounder Collberg had issues even last year. The fact that every one of those picks, even Nystrom, still has some NHL upside is a sign of a good draft. But the reality is, that draft would be considered great if more than 2 guys end up NHL regulars.

Give it a year from now and we will hear the same disappointment in this year's draft class, which is suddenly being hyped up more than that one.

As far as Collberg and Bozon goes..snipers are often erratic like that. Both, especially Bozon, have legitmate questions, but there was always going to be growing pains.

Really the only player I'm really disappointed with is Thrower, and it's still possible he can redeem himself..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
That I agree with. I think this last draft will be huge in our future success.

I'm pretty much excited about all of our picks this past draft. They're all varying degrees of intriguing.
They always are, until you spend a year watching them more closely and they fail to live up to the hype. Outside of McCarron, both draft classes have many of the same questions actually, and I say this as a DLR and Lehkonen fan.

Old
10-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Grant McCagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Well, this always happens. We had a fantastic draft - Give it a year from now and we will hear the same disappointment in this year's draft class, which is suddenly being hyped up more than that one.

I disagree. While I liked the Collberg pick and obviously the Galchenyuk pick as I had him ranked first overall - I had reservations in later picks, mainly because I did not feel it was a deep draft, not because the Habs got poor value with their picks. Last year's crop was not deep at all. That is not the case with the 2013 draft - could well be the best draft crop in the past decade.

As far as Collberg and Bozon goes..snipers are often erratic like that. Both, especially Bozon, have legitmate questions, but there was always going to be growing pains.

Absolutely. Way too early to be writing off any of these picks (especially Collberg), even Thrower.

They always are, until you spend a year watching them more closely and they fail to live up to the hype. Outside of McCarron, both draft classes have many of the same questions actually, and I say this as a DLR and Lehkonen fan.
I don't think so. I get your point about people overhyping draft picks, and there is some truth to it as there is with any fanbase, but there are many posters who hype a Hab prospect a lot more a year after they were drafted. Examples of this include Price, Kostitsyn, Gallagher, Tinordi, Chipchura (until his injury), Patch, Subban, McDonagh....remember how much more hype there was around Koivu a year after he was drafted? The Hockey News ranked him as the best prospect outside the NHL...What about Patty Roy a year or two after he was drafted? Was there not a lot more hype? Hab fans for the most part are disappointed with high draft picks until they get to see them a year or two later...not the other way around. Kostitsyn is a good example....no one had really seen him play in his draft year..but after his fabulous game in beating the US at the next WJC the hype really started to build on here. Price became a God on here after winning Gold at the WJC and then leading Hamilton to a Cup...not when he was drafted. His pick was almost universally panned.[/B][/I]

[I][B]I think every NHL amateur scout would agree that the 2013 draft was a lot better and deeper than 2012. Additionally - the Habs had six top 90 picks as opposed to four in 2012. Add those two things up and there is significant reason to expect the latest draft to be the better one in the long run. Significant organizational needs were addressed in terms of size, grit, forward depth and goaltending all in one fell swoop.

Old
10-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
I don't think so. I get your point about people overhyping draft picks, and there is some truth to it as there is with any fanbase, but there are many posters who hype a Hab prospect a lot more a year after they were drafted. Examples of this include Price, Kostitsyn, Gallagher, Tinordi, Chipchura (until his injury), Patch, Subban, McDonagh....remember how much more hype there was around Koivu a year after he was drafted? The Hockey News ranked him as the best prospect outside the NHL...What about Patty Roy a year or two after he was drafted? Was there not a lot more hype? Hab fans for the most part are disappointed with high draft picks until they get to see them a year or two later...not the other way around. Kostitsyn is a good example....no one had really seen him play in his draft year..but after his fabulous game in beating the US at the next WJC the hype really started to build on here. Price became a God on here after winning Gold at the WJC and then leading Hamilton to a Cup...not when he was drafted. His pick was almost universally panned.[/B][/I]

[I][B]I think every NHL amateur scout would agree that the 2013 draft was a lot better and deeper than 2012. Additionally - the Habs had six top 90 picks as opposed to four in 2012. Add those two things up and there is significant reason to expect the latest draft to be the better one in the long run. Significant organizational needs were addressed in terms of size, grit, forward depth and goaltending all in one fell swoop.
I agree with everything that you are saying but Roy was a very poor example. He had absolutely no hype at all before joining the Habs. Very few Hab fans had ever even heard of him.

Fan generated hype always comes from stats. Most fans don't have a clue about the game and simply form their opinions based on box scores and stat sheets.

Old
10-07-2013, 06:02 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locks View Post
Yep.

Old
10-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Fan generated hype always comes from stats. Most fans don't have a clue about the game and simply form their opinions based on box scores and stat sheets.
In general, I feel fans tend to just want to have an opinion, no matter what. When they aren't able to see the players (and lets face it, the vast majority of posters don't even watch the CHL, let alone the more obscure leagues), numbers are all they have. And they just need to interpret them, even if deep down, most regulars know they should never do that

Old
10-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Mrb1p

Remember how the 2007 draft looked bad ? Now look at it, valuable assets out of everywhere.

Old
10-07-2013, 07:37 PM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post

They never got the star like they did in 2012 though. First line centers are near impossible to acquire in trade but necessary for cup run..

Old
10-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Eliteprospects still hasn't updated Lehkonen's points ?

Old
10-07-2013, 09:54 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Eliteprospects still hasn't updated Lehkonen's points ?
Why, who cares.

Habs Prospects website
Closed Thread