HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

shuttle from Charlotte?

Old
11-30-2006, 11:36 AM
eastcoasteh

vCash: 500
shuttle from Charlotte?

Hey All

I'm going to be in NC in mid-december for work and am hoping to make it to a game. I was one of those idiot olier fans who drove 20 hours to go to game 7 last year, and despite the loss had an amazing time in Raleigh and really enjoyed the fans and how friendly everyone was. Anyways, I'm going to be in Charlotte and am wondering how far it is to Raleigh from there and maybe if they do shuttles or anything like that..probably not eh?

Cheers and if I don't see you in December, hopefully we'll see you in June

eastcoasteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 12:05 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

The drive from Charlotte to Raleigh is about 3 hours. There are no shuttles or anything but Amtrak (railroad) goes from Charlotte to Raleigh, and I'm sure there are buses as well. I'll be in Charlotte for part of December and January, so let me know when you are going to the game. If I'm going up there, then I could probably give you a ride.

11-30-2006, 12:05 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoasteh View Post
Hey All

I'm going to be in NC in mid-december for work and am hoping to make it to a game. I was one of those idiot olier fans who drove 20 hours to go to game 7 last year, and despite the loss had an amazing time in Raleigh and really enjoyed the fans and how friendly everyone was. Anyways, I'm going to be in Charlotte and am wondering how far it is to Raleigh from there and maybe if they do shuttles or anything like that..probably not eh?

Cheers and if I don't see you in December, hopefully we'll see you in June
I know there's an Amtrak from Charlotte to Raleigh (although I'm not 100% sure where in town the Amtrak station is). As far as driving distance, it's about 2 1/2-3 horus drive so it's prety managable.

For shuttles to the games, that might be another matter entirely. I'll have to look that up for you.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote