HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

I want more EGG-Habs win 4-1

Old
10-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Smoky Thompson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Ryan White played his role great last night. Reeled Wayne Simmonds right in and got him off the ice for a while. We won that trade you know, losing White to get Simmonds off the ice. Looking at White's eyes when Simmonds dropped his gloves, you could tell he just KNEW he got him, and then he dropped them to make sure this would be a 5 for Fighting for Simmonds.

I just love White.
This. White is getting better at playing his role.

And with Moen back on track, our 4th line is looking goood.

Smoky Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
He was taunting the bench after the fight it was hilarious!

Im not an expert at reading lips but im pretty sure he said 'i dont give a ****, whos gonna score now?'

I would be really mad if Pacioretty was fighting some random 4th liner when we are down 2 goals.
That's the embodiement of White, really. He had no intention of winning or trying to win or even trying to fight that fight. He didn't care he got beat up, when Simmonds dropped 'em, his face lit up like a Christmas tree because he KNEW he had Simmons off the ice for 5 more minutes.

You need a guy willing to do that work, it's very ingrate, more so than enforcer, proper.

He's a hell of a character too, real entertaining.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
That's the embodiement of White, really. He had no intention of winning or trying to win or even trying to fight that fight. He didn't care he got beat up, when Simmonds dropped 'em, his face lit up like a Christmas tree because he KNEW he had Simmons off the ice for 5 more minutes.

You need a guy willing to do that work, it's very ingrate, more so than enforcer, proper.

He's a hell of a character too, real entertaining.
Im happy I'm not the only one who likes white, last year I felt alone defending him

Habs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 08:11 PM
LLoyd Christmas I

vCash: 134
I don't know about all these interpretations of White trying to get Simmonds off the ice. Simmonds went after White, not the other way around.

Unless something else happened in the game where White got under Simmonds skin , I don't agree with these interpretations whatsoever. White isn't that calculated. He's highly reactionary.

LLoyd Christmas I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Hullois

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any way I can watch last night's game? I was at a concert and missed it.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hoc...#id=2410712383

Hullois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
I agree on changing the lines, in a smart, responsible manner. We know Eller and Gallagher work, there's clearly chemistry there, but besides that, there's not much working. I've come to realize (guess?) that DD really misses Cole more than anyone else. So i think the best thing to do is try Galchenyuk with him and Patches. I actually first envisioned when Galchenyuk was drafted that he would end up with those 2, and DD would move to wing. Whatever the case, DD needs two bigger players to play with, to create space for him to operate.

As far as Plekanec is concerned, i think the line he's on has the chance to be good. Bourque is the key, he's a streaky player, but i find that since he's been fully healthy, he's been very good for us. Gionta seems ready to compete hard as well, so i think they'll be fine.

I think that putting Prust with Gally and Eller will be just fine. He works hard, and has pretty good hands for a tough guy. If not him, Bournival would fit well their, too. Good work ethic and forechecker, i think he'd be ideal on a 3rd line with them.
As I said, time for experiments are over. This should have happened in pre-season so that if struggles persist, we can go to other combinations we know work.
It makes no sense at this point to break up the EGG line, it's our best line thus far.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 08:24 PM
The Doors

Lots of respeck for Ryan White, hope he becomes a regular, would hate to see him in another uniform.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I never understood how people thought we could get a bigger return for Halak.
I think peoples were underrating Eller.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 08:40 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLoyd Christmas I View Post
I don't know about all these interpretations of White trying to get Simmonds off the ice. Simmonds went after White, not the other way around.

Unless something else happened in the game where White got under Simmonds skin , I don't agree with these interpretations whatsoever. White isn't that calculated. He's highly reactionary.
White was trolling simmonds all game.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 09:07 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
As I said, time for experiments are over. This should have happened in pre-season so that if struggles persist, we can go to other combinations we know work.
It makes no sense at this point to break up the EGG line, it's our best line thus far.
Pre-season didn't really settle anything, imo. It's not too late to tweak the lines. Briere should be tried on more the one line to see if he clicks with someone. The EGG line has been mostly Eller and Gallagher clicking, they wouldn't lose much at all if Briere or Prust was tried their instead. A little minor tweaking early on in the season could go a long way to winning some extra games down the line.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 09:11 PM
beaverBFP

Quote:

The point is that he got one of their best players off the ice, job well done.

beaverBFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

And White also is a good guy off the ice...

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/20...cancer-patient

Reason why he shaved his head? In support of a cancer patient he knows. The daughter of the family that cared for him in the WHL.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 10:18 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
Im happy I'm not the only one who likes white, last year I felt alone defending him
I'm a very big fan of Ryan White. Fearless, dedicated, and can actually handle a regular shift; which is huge. He was overzealous to make his mark as an energy player last year, but I feel that he's learning fast how to be more effective in his role and I think the fact that they really have given him a chance this year despite the mistakes of last year has given him some real confidence.

And while he's not the best fighter, I find him to be very good. He's got an all-in attitude when it comes to fights. He's tangled with some Heavyweights and didn't get embarrased. As a middleweight he is one of the better ones around IMO.

Quote:

White was being a pest all throughout the game. The fact that Simmonds went after him was proof of that. He's a great distraction, and as others have said he got a better player of the ice for us. Doing his job to a T.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:

Reason why he shaved his head? In support of a cancer patient he knows. The daughter of the family that cared for him in the WHL.
White for Mayor!

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 11:44 PM
MDN

Way to go White, class.

MDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 11:55 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:

I worked as a stagehand in Hamilton so often I'd be at Copps and saw a bunch of Bulldogs milling around.

I remember just walking out to leave and was abruptly face to face with White as he was on the other side of the door. and he was all 'hey how's it going, man?' with such a wide grin I almost thought he was being sarcastic. I was tired and just kind of grumbled 'hey' only to realize a few seconds later that it was White and he was legitimately just being really nice.

It's not even like I recognized him or anything, just apropos of nothing he gave me one of the warmest salutations ever. Since then and for myriads of other reasons I've been a huge White fan.

The worst thing he's done were those bad penalties he took last year that came from just youthful overzealousness. They had really bad consequnces but at least they weren't ones due to laziness. As long as he keeps that in check more or less, he's a great 4th liner in my books.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 11:58 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamp View Post
I feel like Briere is gonna be so frustratingg to watch. Last night he drove me crazy. He doesn't just turn over the puck he takes a penalty after he makes the turnover
Glad I'm not the only one who saw that and was so pissed off.
(and Briere did it twice...it's like a big **** YOU to his teammates who have to kill the penalty... if I'm the captain I'm telling Briere ''no more DUMB penalties...you got it? no more'').

I know it takes time maybe for some players to get used to a new team and new system, but turning it over and then hooking a player is just plain dumb. Can't stand players who do that.

Briere better deliver and especially in playoffs since he already delivered big time when it really counted. DD? Not sure if he can ever deliver in the playoffs unless you give him TWO major playoff warrior wingers, but boy...you really have to give a lot to DD for him to deliver the goods...lots of pampering, special treatment/two really good wingers (this pampering can't last forever...we have a CUP to win tabarouette! time to go with Pleks, Eller and Galchenyuk...at least for the 2014 playoffs....and/or try Briere as a 2nd CENTER).

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 01:09 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
I'm a very big fan of Ryan White. Fearless, dedicated, and can actually handle a regular shift; which is huge. He was overzealous to make his mark as an energy player last year, but I feel that he's learning fast how to be more effective in his role and I think the fact that they really have given him a chance this year despite the mistakes of last year has given him some real confidence.

And while he's not the best fighter, I find him to be very good. He's got an all-in attitude when it comes to fights. He's tangled with some Heavyweights and didn't get embarrased. As a middleweight he is one of the better ones around IMO.

White was being a pest all throughout the game. The fact that Simmonds went after him was proof of that. He's a great distraction, and as others have said he got a better player of the ice for us. Doing his job to a T.
yeah it's just White's technique which is wanting. If he figured out the whole balance thing, he'd be a helluva fighter I'm sure. He's strong for his size and crazy as sin.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 01:22 AM
Dont Poke Subban

Quote:

Thats awesome! I like him again this year. But I still remember last year how much I wanted him gone.

Dont Poke Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 01:23 AM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Glad I'm not the only one who saw that and was so pissed off.
(and Briere did it twice...it's like a big **** YOU to his teammates who have to kill the penalty... if I'm the captain I'm telling Briere ''no more DUMB penalties...you got it? no more'').

I know it takes time maybe for some players to get used to a new team and new system, but turning it over and then hooking a player is just plain dumb. Can't stand players who do that.

Briere better deliver and especially in playoffs since he already delivered big time when it really counted. DD? Not sure if he can ever deliver in the playoffs unless you give him TWO major playoff warrior wingers, but boy...you really have to give a lot to DD for him to deliver the goods...lots of pampering, special treatment/two really good wingers (this pampering can't last forever...we have a CUP to win tabarouette! time to go with Pleks, Eller and Galchenyuk...at least for the 2014 playoffs....and/or try Briere as a 2nd CENTER).
Whoa, that turned into a tangent DD rant very quickly...unless that was the purpose to begin with
Actually, I think as some suggested, putting Briere on the line with Eller and Gally might be a good thing. Then there is a chance that if Briere gives up the puck, the others could have the speed to cover up his mistake without taking a dumb penalty. Hate to split the EGG line though.
Then again, if that can kick start Briere, Galchenyuk could kick start DD's line as I would think Galchenyuk would produce regardless. In which case, we could have 3 producing lines.
Still...breaking up the EGG line...

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 02:55 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
Whoa, that turned into a tangent DD rant very quickly...unless that was the purpose to begin with
Actually, I think as some suggested, putting Briere on the line with Eller and Gally might be a good thing. Then there is a chance that if Briere gives up the puck, the others could have the speed to cover up his mistake without taking a dumb penalty. Hate to split the EGG line though.
Then again, if that can kick start Briere, Galchenyuk could kick start DD's line as I would think Galchenyuk would produce regardless. In which case, we could have 3 producing lines.
Still...breaking up the EGG line...
We have 80 games left...you have to (imo) try changing it up sometimes to be fully ready for the playoffs (and in case of injuries). Gotta try different combinations for chemistry. Yes not many want to break up the ''EGG'' line, but we now know they have chemistry. You can always try adding Briere or Prust to that line (as examples). Maybe DD needs an energetic/fast Gallagher on his line (with Pacioretty, or else that line would be way too small!).

Subban and Eller were benched not too long ago...DD can also be benched (wake-up call).

And, try lines that can be good for the playoffs (balanced) and not just for regular season.

WHITE:
very happy many here are finally appreciating what White can do for us getting Simmonds to take 5min., solid PKing, lots of heart/character. I've been a huge White fan since day 1 (always been loyal towards Ryan ''old-school'' White)...even when he was in the doghouse last season.

MOEN:
also very happy to see the good 'ol Moen may be back. I just hope Moen can take a small break from fighting when Parros comes back. We really need a fresh Moen and Prust for the playoffs.

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 07:01 AM
CGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post

WHITE:
very happy many here are finally appreciating what White can do for us getting Simmonds to take 5min., solid PKing, lots of heart/character. I've been a huge White fan since day 1 (always been loyal towards Ryan ''old-school'' White)...even when he was in the doghouse last season.
End result was fine - Simmonds gone for the rest of the game. But it really should have been a Philly PP due to the White cross check. That would have been a disaster - giving life to a down and out Philly team if they managed to score on the PP. Not sure how or why the ref gave Simmonds an extra 2 minutes as well. White dodged a bullet there. Dumb play overall.

CGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 07:44 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
Pre-season didn't really settle anything, imo. It's not too late to tweak the lines. Briere should be tried on more the one line to see if he clicks with someone. The EGG line has been mostly Eller and Gallagher clicking, they wouldn't lose much at all if Briere or Prust was tried their instead. A little minor tweaking early on in the season could go a long way to winning some extra games down the line.
That's my point. Except they should have tried these things during preseason in order to know what tweaks they could do.
I think Briere can work next to Eller, but that depends on the quality of opponents. If Eller keeps playing as so, pretty sure Therrien will start giving his line more responsibilities and I'm not sure that would be good for DB.
In any event, we don't need to change anything for the time being.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 08:01 AM
leopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGG View Post
End result was fine - Simmonds gone for the rest of the game. But it really should have been a Philly PP due to the White cross check. That would have been a disaster - giving life to a down and out Philly team if they managed to score on the PP. Not sure how or why the ref gave Simmonds an extra 2 minutes as well. White dodged a bullet there. Dumb play overall.
They gave cross-check to simmonds and interference to white. Probably someone got confused cause it seemed to be the other way around. I wonder if white saw that the interference was being called before cross-checking simmonds?

leopod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 08:08 AM
LePoche69

A lot of poeple were mad around here with the way Therrien managed the icetime in the first game.

Well, I think he noted what had to be noted and gave ice time accordingly in the second game. The coach must give a chance to veterans. He did it, then adapted his lineup to EGG's great play.

Now I hope he'll notice how bad is Bouillon on the PP. Why not try a forward?

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote