HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I want more EGG-Habs win 4-1

Old
10-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
A lot of poeple were mad around here with the way Therrien managed the icetime in the first game.

Well, I think he noted what had to be noted and gave ice time accordingly in the second game. The coach must give a chance to veterans. He did it, then adapted his lineup to EGG's great play.

Now I hope he'll notice how bad is Bouillon on the PP. Why not try a forward?
I rather not score on the PP than give up SHGs - see Oilers PP.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 09:20 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I rather not score on the PP than give up SHGs - see Oilers PP.
You're right. Having a forward at the point on the second PP unit is pretty dangerous.

Well, I guess we'll live and die with Bouillon. Because if Therrien continues to play Subban more and more on the PK, then I doubt we'll see him play full 2 minutes powerplay.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
You're right. Having a forward at the point on the second PP unit is pretty dangerous.

Well, I guess we'll live and die with Bouillon. Because if Therrien continues to play Subban more and more on the PK, then I doubt we'll see him play full 2 minutes powerplay.
I rather have Bouillon on the PP than the PK to be honest. I'd run:

PK1: Gorges - Subban
PK2: Markov - Tinordi

Bouillon is decent around the boards but in front of the net he gets really outmatched. Tinordi is still learning but I think he can compliment Markov a lot better on the 2nd wave than Bouillon would for Subban.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 10:01 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I rather have Bouillon on the PP than the PK to be honest. I'd run:

PK1: Gorges - Subban
PK2: Markov - Tinordi

Bouillon is decent around the boards but in front of the net he gets really outmatched. Tinordi is still learning but I think he can compliment Markov a lot better on the 2nd wave than Bouillon would for Subban.
I think that make sense. But to be honnest, I'm not impressed by Tinordi right now. I know he'll get better with experience, as the season progress, but in the context of fighthing for a playoffs spot, his presence could be dangerous. He was pretty bad against the Leafs and pretty average against a pathetic Philadelphia's offense. Emelin coming back will help greatly, and I'm eager to see what Murray could do. I wouldn't be surprise to see Tinordi sent back in the minors. I like the kid but he still has lots to learn.

Old
10-07-2013, 10:01 AM
LePoche69

...and that doesn't fix the PP...

Old
10-07-2013, 10:47 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Talking about the EGG line, here some interesting stats:

Eller has 18 pts in his last 14 regular season games.
Galchenyuk has 16 pts in his last 15 regular season games.
Gallagher has 10 pts in his last 11 regular season games.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 10:51 AM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Talking about the EGG line, here some interesting stats:

Eller has 18 pts in his last 14 regular season games.
Galchenyuk has 16 pts in his last 15 regular season games.
Gallagher has 10 pts in his last 11 regular season games.
They shouldn't play on the 3rd line anymore. Or maybe they should...

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxHabs24 View Post
They shouldn't play on the 3rd line anymore. Or maybe they should...
At this point, the ranking on the line is just a number. As long as they play at least 15 min + PP, I'd be satisfied.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 10:57 AM
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive

Quote:

Bouillon can cycle the puck well on the PP but the fact that he has no shot and is paired with Diaz who is also a "cycler" is making him completely useless. You need one guy to cycle the puck and the other guy to shoot it. That's why i was looking at Nygren closely - he's the D prospect who has the best slapshot out of those we have and he would most likely make the 2nd PP wave much more dangerous.

FuzzyWuzzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
I think that make sense. But to be honnest, I'm not impressed by Tinordi right now. I know he'll get better with experience, as the season progress, but in the context of fighthing for a playoffs spot, his presence could be dangerous. He was pretty bad against the Leafs and pretty average against a pathetic Philadelphia's offense. Emelin coming back will help greatly, and I'm eager to see what Murray could do. I wouldn't be surprise to see Tinordi sent back in the minors. I like the kid but he still has lots to learn.
You're being too hard on Tinordi. You should be expecting better from veterans, not rookies. Tinordi should get more ice time on the PK, he's a strong guy that can clear the net and keep players on the outside. That's what you want on the PK from your defense. His skating is also pretty good.
He has a pretty decent shot too for the PP, so put him next to Diaz who likes to create plays at the point.
Reduce his ES time if need be.
But I don't know Therrien, Emelin had an amazing here at the point in the KHL before coming here, but even Gorges would get time there before him.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
I usually don't jump to conclusions like this, but i truly believe that Lars Eller is now our best forward. With that said, I think they should go ahead and put Briere on his line, and switch him for Galchenyuk. Gally and Eller have chemistry, and Briere will feed off of it, and be a good veteran, offensive presence on that line. Meanwhile, Galchenyuk will add a bit of strength and size to the DD/Patches line, possibly freeing up both players, mostly DD, who's been useless, to start playing their respective game's a bit better.

Try it for a game or 2, and if both new lines look like crap, revert to the 1-line, winning formula.
while i agree eller looks to be our best player

I dont think seperating the line by taking galchenyuk off is the answer, i think its been evident since last year that galchenyuk and gallagher have the best chemistry and shouldnt be seperated (like ever), i think its eller who would have to be taken off and placed elsewhere to see if he could jumpstart a poorer line, but then why the **** would we do that now

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 02:29 PM
LLoyd Christmas I

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
White was trolling simmonds all game.
You forgot the word "yeah", but I forgive you.

LLoyd Christmas I is offline   Reply With Quote