HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JT Miller Assigned to Hartford

Old
10-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor King Schultz View Post
I'm glad Miller was sent down, he has had 1 good NHL game in the last 2 years and that was his NHL debut last season. I'm excited to see him play when he is NHL ready - I thought he was great in the World Junior's last year.
Any self respecting Ranger fan should be happy with this news. JT Miller is only 20 and has struggled mightily in his 27 NHL games. He needs big minutes in Hartford, where he incidentally scored 2 goals this weekend.

Its the folks who pine for Miller (or anybody else who isn't ready) as an offensive upgrade over Boyle that are out to lunch on the subject of prospect development.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
Can we just all agree that Boyle is simply a bottom-6 forward and move on?
Bottom 3. then we can move on.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
He is mostly bottom 3 or 4. He can do bottom 6 when he's winning draws in all zones consistently and somewhat shoots...

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
...in a perfect world. You continue to project the entirety of the Rangers' roster issues onto Brian Boyle. Its this anyone but Boyle mentality that causes you to consistently step on intellectual landmines, like your endorsements of Jeff Halpern last year.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 12:37 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Anaheim and Chicago were two of the top teams in the NHL regular season in 2013. Look at the production from their bottom six players. Look at the production from the Rangers bottom six players. Its not getting better this season with the current personnel on the team right now. AV feels veteran players should get a longer look or a longer opportunity at the start of the season. The Rangers aren't winning anything with players who do nothing but give the other forwards a rest. Why don't they just send Fast to the AHL and bring up Powe? The cap hit is only $170,000 higher. Go with the veteran lineup this season or most of the season. Evalaute the players with one way contracts. Go with a younger lineup next season. The cap goes to $68M-$70M. Re-sign the key guys. Fill out the roster with the young guys. The coach has a 5 year contract. Sather isn't going anywhere even if he gives up the GM title at some point to Gorton. Job security isn't an issue with these guys. Dolan has changed Knicks bosses 5 times since Slats came here in 2000.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 12:45 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Miller is a center. He played his best game in Edmonton. He played center that game. Millsy played his best hockey last season at center in his brief stint with the Rangers. Fourth line wing is a waste of time.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 12:49 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Miller is a center. He played his best game in Edmonton. He played center that game. Millsy played his best hockey last season at center in his brief stint with the Rangers. Fourth line wing is a waste of time.
I really think he earned the 3rd line center spot. Oh well. He'll be back.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 12:52 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Anaheim and Chicago were two of the top teams in the NHL regular season in 2013. Look at the production from their bottom six players. Look at the production from the Rangers bottom six players. Its not getting better this season with the current personnel on the team right now. AV feels veteran players should get a longer look or a longer opportunity at the start of the season. The Rangers aren't winning anything with players who do nothing but give the other forwards a rest. Why don't they just send Fast to the AHL and bring up Powe? The cap hit is only $170,000 higher. Go with the veteran lineup this season or most of the season. Evalaute the players with one way contracts. Go with a younger lineup next season. The cap goes to $68M-$70M. Re-sign the key guys. Fill out the roster with the young guys. The coach has a 5 year contract. Sather isn't going anywhere even if he gives up the GM title at some point to Gorton. Job security isn't an issue with these guys. Dolan has changed Knicks bosses 5 times since Slats came here in 2000.
Showcasing some of the older players?

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 12:55 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Nothing wrong with Miller going down. He had to know it was a possibility with Hagelin and Callahan returning at some point. Especially on a team that's over saturated with centers.

There seems to be a lowered standard with prospects. The door has been open but neither nor Miller have stepped through that door and then slammed it behind them the way Callahan did (his second time around), Dubinsky, Staal or McDonagh did.

10-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Showcasing some of the older players?
What is there to showcase? If these were players other teams wanted for these roles, we would want to keep them.

Old
10-07-2013, 01:02 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
What is there to showcase? If these were players other teams wanted for these roles, we would want to keep them.
The players the Rangers have would be, and are, good complimentary depth pieces. The problem is they are all complimentary players with no one in the bottom-6 to compliment. Pyatt, Boyle, Dorsett, Moore, Asham. All complimentary pieces.

Old
10-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
The players the Rangers have would be, and are, good complimentary depth pieces. The problem is they are all complimentary players with no one in the bottom-6 to compliment. Pyatt, Boyle, Dorsett, Moore, Asham. All complimentary pieces.
Fair enough, but it doesn't really do much to showcase them in situations that aren't ideal for them.

Old
10-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
I agree with you, that's the best long term plan.
Miller is 20, nothing wrong with spending 1+ season in the AHL.
Same goes with Kreider. He doesn't have a full professional season under his belt yet and some on these boards are already calling him a bust.
McIlrath needs 1 more season in the AHL.
I don't know why they scratched Fast, he should be sent down to the AHL to play, call up a vet.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Id be surprised if Fast didn't play tomorrow.

Old
10-07-2013, 01:26 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
he is a big guy that sucks.. back in the day Eric Daze was a big guy but he was a solid goal scorer.. id take a big guy that plays big over a big guy that just does not do anything all that well....
Another fan that doesn't see value unless it is easy to see on every shift.

Adding to the hilarity is bringing up Daze who fell far short of what it looked like he would become.

chosen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Id be surprised if Fast didn't play tomorrow.
Scratched in favor of Asham.

Quote:
Vigneault, who will scratch rookie Jesper Fast, said he and Asham had a discussion before the season started in which Asham said he hoped to stick around.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...ault-1.6208924

Old
10-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Tomorrow is Tuesday.

Old
10-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Tomorrow is Tuesday.
I will be surprised if he is. AV made it quite clear

Quote:
We are playing against LA and SJ, two big teams so I knew I was going to put Arron in the lineup sooner than later

Old
10-07-2013, 01:47 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
I will be surprised if he is. AV made it quite clear
What? The quote in the article when I clicked it was

Quote:
"We're playing against one of the biggest teams in the NHL, Stanley Cup champions two years ago," Vigneault said after practice Sunday. "They roll four lines and use their size, and Arron is one of our more physical players. I knew I was going to put Arron in the lineup sooner rather than later."
I can't find a mention of SJ in there.

Old
10-07-2013, 01:49 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
What? The quote in the article when I clicked it was

I can't find a mention of SJ in there.
I think he mentioned the Sharks in the Posts' article today.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Found it now. I hadn't read through all the articles yet. That's fine and makes sense too. Of course I keep forgetting that they play in LA, travel to San Jose, and then travel back to LA to play Anaheim on Thursday, as if that makes sense. I'll amend it to say that I'd be surprised if Fast didn't play Thursday.

Old
10-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Aufheben
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
If I agree, will that put this to bed?

Aufheben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 02:05 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

not surprised, but i thought Fast would go down first and Miller would stick till Hags got back

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 02:08 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
not surprised, but i thought Fast would go down first and Miller would stick till Hags got back
Fast has shown more than Miller.