Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Kitchener Rangers 2013-14 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2013, 02:47 PM
bobber

vCash: 500
You can get a small glass of beer for $6.50. $1.00 a swallow. We have to pay for the IOU or whatever they call that train thing that takes you all day shopping at our two big malls.

Old
09-25-2013, 02:54 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobber View Post
We have to pay for the IOU or whatever they call that train thing that takes you all day shopping at our two big malls.
You mean the Biggest White Elephant that will burden us with taxes for decades??

Old
09-26-2013, 09:35 PM
defensehockey19

Will Kitchener be missing anybody tomorrow night for the game against the Petes?

Old
09-26-2013, 10:28 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Will Kitchener be missing anybody tomorrow night for the game against the Petes?
Ryan MacInnis played in the American Prospects game tonight, but I'm not sure he'll be back for tomorrow's game. Hopefully he is. Doug Blaisdell (rookie D-man) is out for a month with a shoulder injury. Other than that, it should be all hands on deck.

Old
09-27-2013, 09:17 AM
bobber

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Ryan MacInnis played in the American Prospects game tonight, but I'm not sure he'll be back for tomorrow's game. Hopefully he is. Doug Blaisdell (rookie D-man) is out for a month with a shoulder injury. Other than that, it should be all hands on deck.
Saw Gilbert [flu] at practice yesterday. Matia was replaced by Eminger who is practicing here with the squad. Matia had some sort of injury but is suppose to be in the line up tonight. Faksa is on the second line at practice.

Old
09-27-2013, 09:40 PM
Torgo

Getting your twitter question answered at length on the post game show by Mr. Farwell is pretty gratifying.

Old
09-28-2013, 07:37 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

I think we're going to see a fair number of games like tonight - they played really well in the offensive zone; but were a bit weak defensively. Teichmann had one goal that I'm sure he'd like back as well. A point or two would have been nice, but every game is a learning experience for the young guys.

Very nice to see MacInnis with a goal - it's been a long time since we heard a MacInnis goal call in the Aud! Faksa looked good too, but he has to have better linemates - keeping him on last night's line is like using a Ferrari to go offroading. It can work but it's really a waste.

Old
09-28-2013, 08:52 AM
bobber

Charlie Girl I agree about Faksa. I can't believe they couldn't come up with something more creative after having him at practice for a few days. Davies suffered big time with mono and still seems out of wind at times. Big young kid but has a long way to go. Ming has never been known for speed and creativity. I just thought Smith would try something else. Other wise he is holding Faksa back in my opinion. He might make some adjustments for the next game.

Old
09-29-2013, 08:06 PM
bobber

Well they beat the Gennies in a close game. Great for the young guys to get a win and experience on the road. Sterk was first star with a goal and two assists to get back the team that traded him. We'll get our third round pick yet. Faksa with three. One on a penalty shot. Magyar had a great game. We are actually leading the Knights in the conference. Tied with four points but one more goal for. Might not last so we take it while we have it.

Old
09-29-2013, 08:20 PM
bobber

Mense Dietrich reassigned to Port Colborn junior B. They own his rights. Needs more beef on the bones to compete in the OHL long schedule.

Old
09-30-2013, 01:27 PM
BenchedGuy

First 3 games are in the books. 2-1-0 to start the year off is good.

The Pedersen-Matia-Bailey line seems to have some good chemistry. The Llewellyn-MacInnis-Magyar line has some jump and will be interesting to watch as time goes on.

Glad Sterk is doing well in Oshawa. Really he would have been our 3rd line C if he would still be here (unless he played on Faksa's wing), which would give less icetime to some of our younger players. So to me, it works out for both teams.

We need to have a productive winger on with Faksa. Ming is ok and they look like they are starting to adapt to each other, but with our current lineup I think I would rather see a line of Davies-Faksa-Ming. Teskey just isn't a second line player from what I have seen, reminds me of Brandon Fransisco.

All in all, a promising start to the season for the forward group.

Old
09-30-2013, 01:44 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
First 3 games are in the books. 2-1-0 to start the year off is good.

The Pedersen-Matia-Bailey line seems to have some good chemistry. The Llewellyn-MacInnis-Magyar line has some jump and will be interesting to watch as time goes on.

Glad Sterk is doing well in Oshawa. Really he would have been our 3rd line C if he would still be here (unless he played on Faksa's wing), which would give less icetime to some of our younger players. So to me, it works out for both teams.

We need to have a productive winger on with Faksa. Ming is ok and they look like they are starting to adapt to each other, but with our current lineup I think I would rather see a line of Davies-Faksa-Ming. Teskey just isn't a second line player from what I have seen, reminds me of Brandon Fransisco.

All in all, a promising start to the season for the forward group.
We have a decent mix so far, but I agree that Teskey doesn't belong with Faksa. He is more sturdy and sound defensively than Francisco, but equal offensive futility. I definitely would try Davies with Faksa and let him grow.

After that, even though I like the American line, I wouldn't mind giving Magyar to Faksa. That kid has under-rated dishing skills and it's only a matter of time until he lights it up with a few of his own.

Old
09-30-2013, 03:14 PM
Ward Cornell

One aspect from yesterdays game that Troy Smith can learn is when your goalie and team isn't sharp it's never wrong to shake them up by switching goalies. If Smith had pulled TT Friday after a cpl questionable goals the Rangers may have won.

btw....agree with the two posts above. Even Ming has put up some points IMHO I wouldn't mind seeing Blasby and Learn inserted fulltime into the lineup and yes to Davies with Faksa.

Old
09-30-2013, 03:29 PM
bobber

The last goal Faksa scored he had Magyar and Matia assisting. More creative type players. For Faksa to excel he needs players like this around him. Its a tough year because the management wants to give ice to the prospects yet probably would like to grab a play off spot an to do that you have to put up some decent point totals. Especially here in this conference.

Old
09-30-2013, 03:32 PM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
One aspect from yesterdays game that Troy Smith can learn is when your goalie and team isn't sharp it's never wrong to shake them up by switching goalies. If Smith had pulled TT Friday after a cpl questionable goals the Rangers may have won.

btw....agree with the two posts above. Even Ming has put up some points IMHO I wouldn't mind seeing Blasby and Learn inserted fulltime into the lineup and yes to Davies with Faksa.
I am still not sure what to think of Teichmann. I agree that with a shake up and change in net we could have come out with the win. He let in a soft one, if not 2 questionable goals he should of had. Trying to still give TT the benefit, but being a OA he should have more consistancy. We will see what he has in the next few starts.

Old
10-03-2013, 04:21 PM
bobber

Ben Thomson is back in Kitchener. We could use his toughness but on a rebuild year he could be an asset other teams might desire. Big strong power forward.

Old
10-03-2013, 08:42 PM
bobber

For those following Sterk. He is now tied for the league lead in scoring.

Old
10-03-2013, 10:17 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobber View Post
For those following Sterk. He is now tied for the league lead in scoring.
Good for him - I always liked the kid, and it's nice to see he's doing well in Oshawa. Also helps Kitchener get a higher pick, which is not bad news.

Old
10-04-2013, 06:53 AM
bobber

Moylan gets the start tonight against Sarnia. Good for him. Got to give these young goalies a chance to see if they can handle the load. Teichman is average at best so it can't be that much worse.

Old
10-04-2013, 11:17 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Watching Iafrate play without the fear of being benched for a mistake is awesome. The shorty tonight was all him, and he's playing so well.

I love that Smith is rolling 4 lines and seeing the rookies out for the PP at the end of the game was awesome - they've earned the time. The experience they're getting now will pay off huge down the road.

I'm done with the Tesky experiment - I've yet to see him do anything but float around out there. I like Thomson and Faksa but I want to see Magyar, Davies, or Kohn on that line.

Old
10-05-2013, 08:23 AM
bobber

I agree Charlie G. Faksa desperately needs a creative player that can beat someone one on one and make plays on his line. Tesky has struggles since coming into the league point wise. Just don't see anything there. Soper at least gets involved but hasn't done anything point wise either. I think Faksa and Thomson need more time together. Thomson has to get use to the new system yet. Love Smith rolling four line ala Deboer. Will make the team a lot deeper depth wise down the road.

Old
10-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post

I love that Smith is rolling 4 lines and seeing the rookies out for the PP at the end of the game was awesome - they've earned the time. The experience they're getting now will pay off huge down the road.
What jumped out at me was Troy Smith had 3 rookies killing off the Rangers first penalty.....never would've happened under "Coat-tails" Spott and "Benjamin Button" Fixter!
If I'm not mistaken the 3 rookies were Kohn, Schmidt and Hora.

* love that Kohn kid!
If you ever want to know where the puck is going?...look for Kohn and the puck will be going to him.
Hora?.......only a rookie in playing time in this league. Plays cool and smooth.

Last edited by Ward Cornell: 10-05-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old
10-07-2013, 08:17 PM
ImaBullsfan

With Thomson back, which of the other OA's are on the outside looking in?

Old
10-07-2013, 10:39 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
With Thomson back, which of the other OA's are on the outside looking in?
Considering our starting goalie and captain are OA's, it comes down to Ming and Thomson. I think Thomson brings a better return in a trade, so my guess is he's the guy who will go, provided he accepts a trade (he's turned one down before). If a team comes looking for Fanelli, I think it'll be his call on whether he wants to go to a contender or not.

Old
10-08-2013, 08:17 AM
BenchedGuy

IIRC, During the post game show with Mike Farwell after Friday nights game, he said that he gets the feeling it could be more than one OA being traded (2 of them). Said there wasnt really a basis but a feeling. With him being closer to the team, you would think he has a better perspective of what may happen. Maybe the philosophy going forward for Hiebert was for development of youth?

Closed Thread