HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Sports Thread XV

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2013, 10:20 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 380
Oh I agree KC isn't going to be able to put up 40 points to win but I also can't assume that the Broncos will score 40 every single week. The offense is incredible and it does look unstoppable, though they haven't played a good defense either. I do think KC is overrated as well but it doesn't really matter if they keep beating crappy teams. It's ok though, things are good for now.

Old
10-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
Guys, quit trying to find silver linings. The Broncos were lucky to win. They didn't play that well. The Cowboys defense is one of the worst in the league right now, Phillip Rivers did the exact same thing Manning did to them this week last week. The vaunted pass rush, (the defenses supposed strength) already has two pro bowlers out and Ware has been ineffective due to multiple injuries. Monte Kiffin doesn't deserve to last another day.

The offense is okay, but they're playing a rookie over Miles Austin. The Broncos defense really had to shut down two recievers today. They covered neither.

The ****ing Chargers did a much better job last week. Honestly if the Broncos of this week had played the Chargers of last week, I think the Chargers would have won. A Super Bowl type team should have stomped the Cowboys into the ground. I watch the Cowboys every single week. Truth is, they suck. This is the worst Cowboys team I have watched in quite a while. Unless something changes real soon they are a six or seven win team. The Broncos got exposed pretty badly today.

Old
10-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Guys, quit trying to find silver linings. The Broncos were lucky to win. They didn't play that well. The Cowboys defense is one of the worst in the league right now, Phillip Rivers did the exact same thing Manning did to them this week last week. The vaunted pass rush, (the defenses supposed strength) already has two pro bowlers out and Ware has been ineffective due to multiple injuries. Monte Kiffin doesn't deserve to last another day.

The offense is okay, but they're playing a rookie over Miles Austin. The Broncos defense really had to shut down two recievers today. They covered neither.

The ****ing Chargers did a much better job last week. Honestly if the Broncos of this week had played the Chargers of last week, I think the Chargers would have won. A Super Bowl type team should have stomped the Cowboys into the ground. I watch the Cowboys every single week. Truth is, they suck. This is the worst Cowboys team I have watched in quite a while. Unless something changes real soon they are a six or seven win team. The Broncos got exposed pretty badly today.
Yeah 52 points is exposed pretty badly... especially 5 starters down. And also beating a team where the QB had 500+ yards and 5 TD's is exposed pretty badly too.

I get that you're bitter but a W is a W. And the Cowboys are known to play up or down to their opponent's levels.

Old
10-06-2013, 10:53 PM
ANewHope
Nuggets|Avs|Broncos

vCash: 500
I started 3 players in that game in my 100$ fantasy league. Thomas, Moreno, Terrance Williams + the Broncos ended up winning so I'm pretty pumped. Yeah are defense looks terrible but we've always gave up the big play and were without so many guys. You put Champ, Miller, Harris in there for the entire game and we don't give up 50 points.

Are worrying it is not ready to push the panic button until I see a healthy roster, or you know we actually lose a game

Old
10-06-2013, 11:08 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
Yeah 52 points is exposed pretty badly... especially 5 starters down. And also beating a team where the QB had 500+ yards and 5 TD's is exposed pretty badly too.

I get that you're bitter but a W is a W. And the Cowboys are known to play up or down to their opponent's levels.
Nope, I'm pretty happy with the result, honestly. I expected a blowout of massive proportions. Like fifty-something to ten after last weeks debacle.

The Broncos offense is fine and always has been, but it's pretty apparent to me that the defense is awful. The Chargers slept through the first half, but there's a reason the Cowboys got 29 yards of offense in the second half last week. There's a reason they scored six points in the second half against the Chiefs. It's honestly not that good of an offense. Obviously everybody has bad days, but the performance by the Broncos defense was beyond putrid. Garrett gives up on the run after like two drives, and you just have to cover Witten and Bryant, because everybody else sucks. I watch every Cowboys game. I can tell when its the defense.

And if you count Ware the Cowboys are down four pro-bowlers, and at least six starters, depending on how you figure it.

Old
10-06-2013, 11:33 PM
Bonzai12

vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
The Broncos will be fine. Jacksonville next week and then Von Miller returns.

If someone told you at the start of the season we'd be undefeated when Von came back, we'd all be elated.

Old
10-07-2013, 12:06 AM
GamingGiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
The Broncos will be fine. Jacksonville next week and then Von Miller returns.

If someone told you at the start of the season we'd be undefeated when Von came back, we'd all be elated.
Have to agree with that last part. I know of a lot of Broncos fans that thought we would be lucky to go 4-2 before Miller got back in the line up.

Old
10-07-2013, 12:06 AM
Avalanche
@imlouied

Quote:

And if you count Ware the Cowboys are down four pro-bowlers, and at least six starters, depending on how you figure it.
Ware has been ridiculously ineffective this season. Pretty sad. Hope he can get out of it, but this neck and shoulder thing has been on and off for the past 2 seasons. Looks like he is wearing down.

Need to get a good DE either in the draft or FA that can take over and be the top guy and take the load off of him

Old
10-07-2013, 03:26 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

This is what being a Nuggets fan in the 1980's was like.

Old
10-07-2013, 09:50 AM
chet1926

Quote:
Nope, I'm pretty happy with the result, honestly. I expected a blowout of massive proportions. Like fifty-something to ten after last weeks debacle.

The Broncos offense is fine and always has been, but it's pretty apparent to me that the defense is awful. The Chargers slept through the first half, but there's a reason the Cowboys got 29 yards of offense in the second half last week. There's a reason they scored six points in the second half against the Chiefs. It's honestly not that good of an offense. Obviously everybody has bad days, but the performance by the Broncos defense was beyond putrid. Garrett gives up on the run after like two drives, and you just have to cover Witten and Bryant, because everybody else sucks. I watch every Cowboys game. I can tell when its the defense.

You can't ever compare one week to another in the NFL. There are so many factors that play into games.

The Chargers who you seem to think are really good because they played the Cowboys better than we did, just went into Oakland and got manhandled by a Raiders team the Broncos took to the woodshed.

The Chargers are a good home team, Cowboys are an awful road team. Chargers probably didn't have 5 defensive starters out. There are just so many factors that go into each and every week. Do you honestly believe Romo does what he did if Bailey, Miller, Harris, Woodyard and Ayers play in the game. Not a chance. They may have scored some points but not that many. You don't have to have a defense that is all world if your offense is capable of scoring 40pts on any given day. You have to have a defense that is capable of making enough plays to give the offense the ball so they can do their thing. Our defense can do that once we get healthy. Which should hopefully be sooner than later.

Old
10-07-2013, 04:36 PM
ANewHope
Nuggets|Avs|Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingGiant View Post
Have to agree with that last part. I know of a lot of Broncos fans that thought we would be lucky to go 4-2 before Miller got back in the line up.
People forgetting just how dominant Von Miller is. He would have been after DPOTY, could have won it. Was the 2nd best defensive player last year IMO. That Dallas game is a different one with him in it, Romo made some really nice plays scrambling. All tho our secondary was simply broke in the 2nd half.

Old
10-07-2013, 05:51 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANewHope View Post
People forgetting just how dominant Von Miller is. He would have been after DPOTY, could have won it. Was the 2nd best defensive player last year IMO. That Dallas game is a different one with him in it, Romo made some really nice plays scrambling. All tho our secondary was simply broke in the 2nd half.
Von Miller and Champ Bailey will drastically improve the defense. Not to mention a healthy Woodyard and a healthy Chris Harris.

Von is the best defensive player in the AFC outside of maybe JJ Watt, even you block him and focus on him that leaves less resources to block other guys like Phillips or Ayers or Wolfe.

Champ may not be as fast as he used to but, he can still cover top flight guys, which leaves DRC to cover 2nd WRs not #1s.

The Broncos are probably going to go 6-0 without their 2 best defensive players suiting up for one game, we are a scary team because of this. We might not go 16-0, but we will win a vast majority of the games we play in.

Old
10-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Rhaego

Take your 5 best starters off of any team and see what happens. I'm not worried

Old
10-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Old
10-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway View Post
Take your 5 best starters off of any team and see what happens. I'm not worried
Issue was Peyton Manning, Julius Thomas, Wes Welker, and Demaryius Thomas are all considered part of our 5 best starters.

1. Petyon Manning
2. Von Miller
3. Ryan Clady (IR)
4. Wes Welker
5. Demaryius Thomas

Old
10-07-2013, 10:15 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 157
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1511951

Closed Thread