HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2013-2014 NFL Thread III? (Giants hosting Girls; Jets at Ravens)

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2013, 10:36 PM
16 To Stanley*

vCash: 500
Geno is for real.

Old
10-07-2013, 10:36 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

The Jets may not be the most talented team in the world, but they come to fight game in and game out. I'm very impressed by them this year so far.

Old
10-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
Was up 94-93 till that FG. ****.
I left 118.5 points on my bench this week. Won my game by 98-96. Phew

Old
10-07-2013, 10:40 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Someone come up with a headline that incorporates something with Geno AND "Folk Hero" at the same time.

Old
10-07-2013, 10:42 PM
17futurecap

A turnover free game feels great.

Old
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Too much happened in the interim to say that decision had an effect on the outcome.

It is still an interesting point though.
Just saying it happens a lot. Most of the time the team just should not pass on the points

Old
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
That win felt nice. This team can be fun to watch.

Old
10-07-2013, 10:44 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Someone come up with a headline that incorporates something with Geno AND "Folk Hero" at the same time.
It was last thread, but you nailed it when you said it's better when they are the underdog.

Old
10-07-2013, 10:44 PM
adam94
BU Terriers

I'm not sure what surprised me more tonight: the Jets pulling this win out of their ass or Brad Richards. Geno is the man.

Old
10-07-2013, 11:12 PM
NYRangers723

I gotta be honest. I was mad when we traded Revis and i didnt even know much about sheldon richardson. Bottom line this kid is a beast so this turned out to be a great trade so far. Plus we have a 3rd round pick i belirvr from taht deal

Old
10-07-2013, 11:21 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
A turnover free game feels great.
More impressive then anything in that game.

Old
10-07-2013, 11:24 PM
Matt4776
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
I gotta be honest. I was mad when we traded Revis and i didnt even know much about sheldon richardson. Bottom line this kid is a beast so this turned out to be a great trade so far. Plus we have a 3rd round pick i belirvr from taht deal
Eh. If we don't trade Revis, we don't take Milliner. We probably take Sheldon at #9. There's a small chance we could've gone Warmack, but all signs point towards us taking Sheldon at #9.

Our team with Revis instead of Milliner is 4-1 right now (see Milliner blown coverage vs NE).

That being said, you can't pay a CB 16M a year. He needed to go.

Old
10-07-2013, 11:29 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt4776 View Post
Eh. If we don't trade Revis, we don't take Milliner. We probably take Sheldon at #9. There's a small chance we could've gone Warmack, but all signs point towards us taking Sheldon at #9.

Our team with Revis instead of Milliner is 4-1 right now (see Milliner blown coverage vs NE).

That being said, you can't pay a CB 16M a year. He needed to go.
I agree you are right. Revis is great but lets face it he is extremely greedy. he has held out many times and he wanted too much money. I havent lost faith in Milliner. Being a rookie CB takes time

Old
10-08-2013, 12:09 AM
NYSportsfan87
Thank You Eli

great game by Geno.

Old
10-08-2013, 12:17 AM
SA16
Two by two...

Awesome game. One complaint is the decision to kick the pat to make it 27-14 instead of going for two was really really bad.

Old
10-08-2013, 12:18 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Wilkerson is a monster, that strip of Ryan was incredible.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
10-08-2013, 06:06 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
I agree you are right. Revis is great but lets face it he is extremely greedy. he has held out many times and he wanted too much money. I havent lost faith in Milliner. Being a rookie CB takes time
This is how I feel.

A Jets team with Revis is certainly better than one without, but it comes at a cost. Paying a CB that much money will just hurt the team at the end of the day. It would have been great if he would have signed to a normal contract, but for the amount he's getting paid, you gotta walk away from that.

Old
10-08-2013, 06:24 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Sheldon Richardson.

Look at these Jet fans complaining about the Richardson selection. Most of them are still crying over Revis.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showt...don+richardson

Besides Wilkerson,Richardson is their best player on D.

Warren Sapp type of player.

Old
10-08-2013, 06:58 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Sheldon Richardson has been an absolute monster. Great pick.

It's just pain.
Old
10-08-2013, 07:28 AM
SKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
Awesome game. One complaint is the decision to kick the pat to make it 27-14 instead of going for two was really really bad.
For us playing a line this was a complete necessity and I stand behind the decision fully

Old
10-08-2013, 08:04 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Unlike some Giant fans I have no ill will towards the Jets. I'd root for them 1000x over before rooting for the Eagles/Cowboys/Skins to even win a regular season game.

Geno looks legit. I hope he keeps it up for you guys.

10-08-2013, 08:07 AM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sheldon Richardson.

Look at these Jet fans complaining about the Richardson selection. Most of them are still crying over Revis.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showt...don+richardson

Besides Wilkerson,Richardson is their best player on D.

Warren Sapp type of player.
I'm still frustrated about losing Revis and my aggravation is compounded by Millner being bad so far (but he's just a rookie so we'll see). G would look much better with Chance Woraomock in there somewhere. I was also really hoping to take Star for the Dline so I had the right position but the wrong guy. Not that Star sucks but Richardson reminds me of Jenkinson. He's just a dominating monstrous force. Wilkerson is too. It's such a pleasure watching Jets games just to see the front 7 beat the piss out of teams. The RG and RT for ATlanta got absolutely abused

I'm still confused why the jets cut the guy who played LG all preseason for them. I heard he actually looked good and I guess the problem is that's not what they were going for at LG.

This game was the absolute best possible response Geno Smith could have had. He still ran right into a blitz or two and he slid 2 yards too early but clearly it's showing he learned from that mid field slow down debacle he pulled and when you have questions about a QB's head you want to see him starting to learn. Hopefully he was just EXTREMELY overwhelmed by the transition and this caused some of these all world stupid plays he was making. The team's number 1 priority imo is the offensive line. It HAS to provide Smith time and protection moreso than what it's doing bc he will make plays that S***chez couldn't. They've been running much much better and the pass blocking is also better but the pass blocking still requires improvement.

The number 2 priority is DB. Millner will hopefully grow into the role and fill this spot but if he doesn't I think Cromartie is going to fall off within two years and they will be in deep trouble in the D backfield. So they better train Millner right.

Number 3 comes as a shock to no one. Clyde Gates should never touch the field as a WR. Get some halfway decent WR please

S***chez had a tendency to appear scared or intimidated but I've never seen this from Smith. I've seen the opposite he looks like he gets pissed off and more focused which I love. Let's see what happens the rest of the season he could easily go right back to being a bonehead but so far it seems he's on and off. He'll have 1 awesome half and 1 dumbo half. 1 awesome game, 1 dumbo game. Big shock that a rookie is inconsistent.

I was impressed with Walls yesterday. He looks like he's starting to gain confidence in himself. But half the WR's for Atlanta were injured so I don't want to get too excited.

There is no excuse for the D getting run out of the building in the 4th like that. It was enraging. The officiating is also horrendous. Julio Jones catch was so awesome.

I love Bilial Powell. He reminds of Curtis Martin in the way he slips through holes, past defenders and does it while looking like he's just gliding out there. Ivory and Goodson have really good burst and speed. Ivory also runs extremely hard. He just needs to stay on the field. But I see the genesis of a 2 headed monster at RB there. I was discussing with someone how the Jets have rarely been using the RB as a check down option recently. I attribute this partially to S***chez not knowing where his check down even is and the O line getting tooled the last few years. I felt like Smith started to use Powell a few times.

Last edited by shinchanyo: 10-08-2013 at 08:29 AM.
Old
10-08-2013, 09:21 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
The return of Mike Goodson is helpful. He adds a new element to the backfield as a pass-catcher, and will hopefully push Chris Ivory to elevate his game as well. Powell is just a good all-around back--nothing fancy, but seemingly always gets positive yards and shows some elusiveness. The Jets lack a star in the backfield, but they have good balance.

I also liked the run/pass split last night. It should be close to 50/50 for the team to be successful. Gino shouldn't be throwing the ball more than 25 times per game at this point.

Old
10-08-2013, 09:28 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Revis was always complaining about money. I love Mark Messier the hockey player. He always complained about the money. Its gets very irritating to hear these guys complain about the money t3 years after they signed a contract which hasn't expired. Revis held out in 2007 to get his rookie deal. In 2010,he held out again. He was complaining about his contract in spring/summer of 2012 but he couldn't hold out because its would have taken away his ability to void his contract after 2013. Revis was a pain in the ass. Good riddance. Messier was a pain in the ass too. Revis wanted $16M. Not that many teams were interested in paying $16M to a corner. Besides TB,how many teams were willing to give up a #1 for Revis? The Jets did well getting a #1 and #4 which becomes a #3 if Revis is on the TB roster when the league year begins in March. Tampa isn't cutting Revis after one year. Revis would have voided his contract after this season and the Jets would have gotten a comp pick for the 2015 draft. Good riddance.

Old
10-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Yup, the Revis trade was a great trade for the Jets. There's no reasonable argument to the contrary.

Closed Thread