HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Nhl 14 free agents

Old
10-04-2013, 03:34 PM
LooksShootsScores

vCash: 500
Nhl 14 free agents

Do you think if I edit/manipulate player ratings for each teams young guys that it would increase decent players hitting open market on July 1? Any suggestions for heating up the FA market?

Also, I'm living the dorm life so I haven't been able to download any updates to the roster since 9/17. Have there been any updates?

-thanks

LooksShootsScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksShootsScores View Post
Do you think if I edit/manipulate player ratings for each teams young guys that it would increase decent players hitting open market on July 1? Any suggestions for heating up the FA market?

Also, I'm living the dorm life so I haven't been able to download any updates to the roster since 9/17. Have there been any updates?

-thanks
Ovechkin hit FA as did Brent Seabrook and Pacioretty. Top 3 I can think of off the top of my head and I know there are others. I haven't had the same issue others have had. So no, I wouldn't worry about editing player rankings.

10-04-2013, 04:23 PM
dyzfunctioned

I've heard lots of people complain about no quality players hitting FA but I've found it fairly realistic. Not many stars (as there shouldn't be) but quite a few good players.

Had Henrik Sedin (90) hit FA in one year, which is the best player I've seen out there, but far from the only good player.

Other notables I've seen in FA: Bobby Ryan (87), Ian Cole (84), Derek Brassard (85) and several others that aren't coming to mind.

I'd say in a given off-season there are several players above 80 and usually a couple that are 84 and up. And I'd say a star player (ie: Ryan, Sedin) appears every year or two.

dyzfunctioned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 05:30 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

best player to hit FA in my gm mode (I've simmed through probably 8 seasons) is Kris Versteeg at 84 overall.

it sucks but i guess its marginally better than the alternative. last year i remember teams would start signing players for deals that were too big, so that eventually EVERY team was so cap strapped that like 90 overall guys would hit free agency and never even get signed all year because no one could afford them. even if it was half way through the season, no one has more than 3 mil in space, the players would still demand like 8 mil a year haha

anyways, yeah it sucks that there are no good free agents. I usually sign some 4star red potential guys that hit FA, and then they end up pretty good

Also, what kind of dorm doesnt have WIFI to connect to get roster updates? Thats messed up

wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 05:09 AM
Ukgoalie

Patrick Kane regularly goes ufa on mine

Ukgoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Sundin 13

I picked up Tuuka Raask (87) off FA. Patrick Kane is the highest rated player I've seen, pretty sure hes 88 overall. I always try to sign young two-ways with high potential regardless of colour.

Sundin 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 08:27 AM
bigred2point0

Ive had Toews hit free agency in my 2nd season. He was rated 96 and was asking for 6 years 66 million. I offered him 6 years 12 years. I figured i could flip him after a year and get a huge haul but he ended up signing with New Jersey

bigred2point0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 09:40 AM
SlapshotTheMovie

every season i see at least 2 gems hit FA. Especially Rangers players (i don't play them in GM mode because its ****ed. Need to get 47 wins and make the conference finals or i am fired. Cap is ****ed and if i trade anyone i get fired. ******** but anyway) I have seen both sedin twins hit at different years. I have seen OVI Lundqvist Mcdonah Cally Kane Towes Rask Nash Gabby and every time i do a GM mode (on my 4rth?) its different players. FA is probably my favorite improvement in this game. Every year i draft players that are 26 for 2- year deals. Some of them get a last year bump in stats and become NHL ready. I then use them or trade them for picks at the deadline. I traded 4 guys off at the deadline for furture 1st round picks. 3 years later i had 1 top 5 and 2 top 10 picks that werent mine. FA is my life blood in this game.

I also keep a low salary cap and trade for upcoming UFA's all the time that i know i can resign to a decent contract and raise their trade value. With defenders this is a cake walk because every team needs them and the trade value is off the charts.

SlapshotTheMovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 02:00 AM
HappyBeats

I've seen some quality players hit the market but not as often as it used to happen. It makes it more realistic having good/solid players than having a 90 hit the open market every single year.

Best i've seen.. Kane, Toews (not at the same time), Lundqvist, Sedin, Brassard. I think having the occasional star hit FA makes for a better experience rather than every teams top player eventually leaving.

HappyBeats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 10:19 AM
SlapshotTheMovie

Zettburg hit FA for me last night. Picked him up for a **** ton of money for one season. He retired at the end of the year. We did win the cup. I had the cap space and put a bunch of 2nd line UFA's on my third line with no interest in resigning them after i ruined their stats. I was roling a legit 1st line and two 2nd lines and a **** 4rth line but i had so much depth scoring it was perfect for that season. Although i just won the cup for the first time with this team I plan on letting my UFA's go and bringing my youth up. I used FA and trade block to essentially buy a cup and it worked.

SlapshotTheMovie is offline   Reply With Quote