HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Robert Hagg made his AHL debut March 29 [AAV is $925k, 3-yr ELC, per Tim P.]

Old
09-21-2013, 01:58 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 500
Game 1 vs Vaxjo: 18:53 played, -1
Game 2 vs AIK: 13:25 played, 1 assist
Game 3 vs Leksands: 17:07 played
Game 4 vs Lulea: 18:14 played, 1 assist, +1

So overall: 16:55 played per game, 2 assists, even +/-

He is playing 'officially' on the top D pairing as well, though the 2nd pairing get just as much, if not more ice time, especially Oscar Hedman.

If you want to watch some of the game highlights: http://www.modohockey.se/spelschema.html

Click on each game on the Arena button, and the highlights should come up, each are maybe 2 mins long, you can see some of him in each, he is number 14.

Appleyard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 02:18 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

I'm more excited about this kid than Morin. He's going to be a good one

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Mrpm

Hagg picked up an assist tonight. 0+3 in 7 now.

Mrpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Appleyard

If anyone wants to watch the last period of Modo with Hagg playing:

http://nutjob.eu/njtvx9.html

He is No.14 btw. If you have eyes good enough to read the numbers that is!

I have watched 3 1/2 of the 9 2/3 games he has played this year... and he looks pretty good for an 18 year old in arguably the 3rd-4th best league in the world.

He is silky as hell at times, like he goes past people with contempt for there sad little lives! He makes me chuckle at times with how confident he seemingly is... yet understated, like it is easy.

The HF boards scouting report on him is bull... his skating is pretty amazing, like Coburn honestly, (in effect, not exactly style) he glides around with no effort, and he has a cannon. I would say the only thing I don't like is his decision making, sometimes he holds on to the puck to long, other times throws it to completely the wrong place. I think his D is pretty sound as well.

Last edited by Appleyard: 10-08-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old
10-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Krishna

Hagg, Schenn, Gostisbehere, Morin.

The future is looking strong for our D

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16 99

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post

I agree, I really can't wait until these guys are good enough to play with the Flyers. I'm so excited for all three of our defensive prospects.

Morin=Pronger
Hagg=Lidstrom
Gostisbehere=Rafalski

Cyborg LeClair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 04:47 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:

We definitely have one of the best defensive pools we've had in a LONG time. I'd say over a decade, maybe.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 06:45 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:

Don't forget Gustafsson

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Clown Baby

Quote:

It was in '04 too with Pitkanen, Woywitka, Vandermeer, and Siedenberg.

A lot can change in just a couple years.

Clown Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 09:56 PM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Baby View Post
It was in '04 too with Pitkanen, Woywitka, Vandermeer, and Siedenberg.

A lot can change in just a couple years.
The Woywitka and Vandemeer trades and the fallout from them blew ass... not because of them, but turning them, Colin Fraser, the 1st, 2nd and the 3rd into rentals and Radivojevic... and eventually Woywitka!

Woywitka, Vandemeer, Fraser, 1st, 2nd, 3rd = Burke, Zhamnov, Radivojevic, (all three left on frees within 2 years, 1st two almost instantly.) Woywitka

But tbf Comrie was hot **** at the time, a lot of teams were after him... but it ended up blowing, though Burke was ok in goal as a rental. And Zhamnov did do a job for us as a rental. Tbf, If we had won the cup the moves would have been genius!

Last edited by Appleyard: 10-08-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old
10-09-2013, 08:15 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
If anyone wants to watch the last period of Modo with Hagg playing:

http://nutjob.eu/njtvx9.html

He is No.14 btw. If you have eyes good enough to read the numbers that is!

I have watched 3 1/2 of the 9 2/3 games he has played this year... and he looks pretty good for an 18 year old in arguably the 3rd-4th best league in the world.

He is silky as hell at times, like he goes past people with contempt for there sad little lives! He makes me chuckle at times with how confident he seemingly is... yet understated, like it is easy.

The HF boards scouting report on him is bull... his skating is pretty amazing, like Coburn honestly, (in effect, not exactly style) he glides around with no effort, and he has a cannon. I would say the only thing I don't like is his decision making, sometimes he holds on to the puck to long, other times throws it to completely the wrong place. I think his D is pretty sound as well.
This will come with age and experience. Raw talent like skating, shooting, power can't be taught.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 08:41 AM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
The Woywitka and Vandemeer trades and the fallout from them blew ass... not because of them, but turning them, Colin Fraser, the 1st, 2nd and the 3rd into rentals and Radivojevic... and eventually Woywitka!

Woywitka, Vandemeer, Fraser, 1st, 2nd, 3rd = Burke, Zhamnov, Radivojevic, (all three left on frees within 2 years, 1st two almost instantly.) Woywitka

But tbf Comrie was hot **** at the time, a lot of teams were after him... but it ended up blowing, though Burke was ok in goal as a rental. And Zhamnov did do a job for us as a rental. Tbf, If we had won the cup the moves would have been genius!
The 2004 team had two less playoff wins than the 2010 team, but they were the best Flyers squad since I started following them 20 years ago. If half the defense hadn't gotten hurt I still think they would have won the Cup.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Clown Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
The 2004 team had two less playoff wins than the 2010 team, but they were the best Flyers squad since I started following them 20 years ago. If half the defense hadn't gotten hurt I still think they would have won the Cup.
I take 2010's squad 10 times out of 10. The only cause I have for hesitation would be Esche vs. Leighton, and that doesn't come close to offsetting the huge advantage Pronger and Timonen give the defense.

Old
10-09-2013, 07:12 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
I take 2010's squad 10 times out of 10. The only cause I have for hesitation would be Esche vs. Leighton, and that doesn't come close to offsetting the huge advantage Pronger and Timonen give the defense.
The 03-04 defense was deeper though. They had guys like Timander and Malakhov playing big minutes because of injuries and still were pretty good. And that team finished with a better ranking in GA/G in the regular season. I started following during the 97 season and I think the 04 team was the best one we've had since then overall. Hard to believe it was 10 years ago now.

zarley zelepukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 07:18 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Three less wins, but who's counting?

10-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin View Post
The 03-04 defense was deeper though. They had guys like Timander and Malakhov playing big minutes because of injuries and still were pretty good. And that team finished with a better ranking in GA/G in the regular season. I started following during the 97 season and I think the 04 team was the best one we've had since then overall. Hard to believe it was 10 years ago now.
Desjardins and Kimmo as Flyers are pretty similar to me.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Clown Baby

Quote:
That team also didn't have a cap to deal with. I'm not about to tear down our alumni to prove a point, but five of those regulars (Ragnarsson, Timander, Malakhov, Markov, and Desjardins) retired from the NHL within three years of our run. They were nowhere near the peak of their physical abilities, which is why the much younger Tampa squad came out on top. Collectively, they were better suited to stand up to the grind. (Plus, they didn't run into the kamikazee Leafs.) 2010 had Leighton to deal with.

Quote:
Desjardins and Kimmo as Flyers are pretty similar to me.
Desjardins didn't play in our '04 playoff run. Even during the regular season he was showing his age.

Old
10-10-2013, 02:49 AM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
That team also didn't have a cap to deal with. I'm not about to tear down our alumni to prove a point, but five of those regulars (Ragnarsson, Timander, Malakhov, Markov, and Desjardins) retired from the NHL within three years of our run. They were nowhere near the peak of their physical abilities, which is why the much younger Tampa squad came out on top. Collectively, they were better suited to stand up to the grind. (Plus, they didn't run into the kamikazee Leafs.) 2010 had Leighton to deal with.

Desjardins didn't play in our '04 playoff run. Even during the regular season he was showing his age.
In retrospect, Clarke trading Eric Weinrich for a 5th round pick half way through the season was probably one of his worst trades. Weinrich was a solid, but unspectacular defenseman that could've made a huge difference for the Flyers with so many injuries on defense in the Conference Finals.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 07:58 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
In retrospect, Clarke trading Eric Weinrich for a 5th round pick half way through the season was probably one of his worst trades. Weinrich was a solid, but unspectacular defenseman that could've made a huge difference for the Flyers with so many injuries on defense in the Conference Finals.
That trade annoyed me a lot.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 08:13 AM
dats81

Quote:
The 2004 and 2010 teams were both very well balanced, stacked with talent and Veteran experience.
Both could have won the cup but both had an archilles tendon that got exposed ... the first roster was a little too old and injury decimated and the second did not have solid goaltending for most of the time which is why we are still waiting for a cup now....

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Appleyard

Hägg update:

Game 1 vs Växjö: 18:53 played, -1
Game 2 vs AIK: 13:25 played, 1 assist
Game 3 vs Leksands: 17:07 played
Game 4 vs Luleå: 18:14 played, 1 assist, +1
Game 5 vs Frölunda: 16.35 played
Game 6 vs Färjestad: 15.27 played
Game 7 vs HV71: 17.34 played, 1 assist, +1
Game 8 vs Brynäs: 13.38 played, -1
Game 9 vs Örebro: 15.33 played, -1
Game 10 vs Skellefteå: 17.20 played

Overall: 16.23 per night, 3 assists, -1

He is probably the #4 out of 7-8 who play. Behind Reghr, Torp and Oscar Hedman. Those four and Viktor Loov are the only regular D men, though Anssi Salema and Kyle Cuminsky are back now so I imagine Hägg gets pushed to #5 or even #6.

After Reghr he has the most shots for a D man. He has been on the 2nd PP and also been killing penalties in some games.

He only has 2 PIMs through ten games as well.

He is also tied for second on the team in points if you believe that! 7 players are on 3 points though.

Modo have been rubbish so far this year, they cannot score... 2nd bottom in the table, only Possler has actually been scoring any goals... he has 7 of the 21 goals Modo have this season. Injuries have been massive for them though, Salmela, Ritola and Cuminsky all missing extensive time.

The Sabres look like they have a pretty darn good player there in Possler, a steal in the 5th, he just knows exactly where the net is from what I have seen, and his shot is awesome. He is pretty suspect/inconsistent defensively though... he seemingly just tries to do a Zherdev at times and cherrypick, though he is a pretty decent PKer and can backcheck when he wants to, so obviously has the ability to defend!

In the 4? games I have watched Possler and Hägg have looked some of Modos best players (along with Salema, Reghr and Hedman)

Some of their ex NHLers look rubbish... Tambellini, Hensick and Pahlsson... Pahlsson surprises me, I always rated him so highly, but maybe father time got him.

Old
10-20-2013, 01:33 PM
Appleyard

Game 11 vs Linköpings: 09:54 played, +1
Game 12 vs Färjestad: 15:09 played, +1
Game 13 vs Brynäs: 12.17 played, -1 2 PIM
Game 14 vs Växjö: 10:27 played, 1 assist, +2

Overall: 14GP: 15:07 per night, 4 assists, +2, 4 PIM

He has played pretty well in limited minutes in the games I have seen of these 4 (vs Växjö and vs Färjestad).

He is kind of in a tough spot minute wise now though with Salmela and Cuminksy becoming available again in the last 10 days, as he has gone from probably #4 d man to #6 (out of 7).

Guys ahead: Cuminksy, Salmela, Reghr, Nichlas Torp, Oscar Hedman. (though Salmela is apparently getting moved today... rumours he got released by MODO... which is good for Hägg) No shame in playing behind any of them at his age.

Interesting notes:

Even though he has been used as a 4-6 over the year he has been on the ice for 8 goals, the 4th most of any player on the whole team, only behind Jeff Tambelini, Reghr and Per-Age Skroder... 3 guys who at that level are elite point getters and offensive dynamos.

2nd most shots on goal of any D man (after Reghr), he can really get them on target... and his shot is booming.

He does not look out of place at all in the SHL, and is keeping pace with a team (now almost fully fit) that has numerous NHL/ex NHL calibre players (there are 6 ex NHLers and 3 ex AHLers on the roster.)

He is the only regular player on the team under the age of twenty... no others have played more than 7 games.

Him and de la Rose are the only two players in the league from the 2013 draft playing regularly, he is equal with da la Rose on points (both played every game.)

He has the most points of any Dman under the age of 20 in the whole league.

4th most points of any D man under 24 in the league.

He has the 5th most points of any player under 20 in the league.

He is arguably outperforming every D man drafted in 2012 and 2011, the guys 1 and 2 years older.

Only 1 'NHL prospect' D man has more points than him, John Klingberg (age 21), who has 7.

Old
10-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

vCash: 50
Thanks for the updates!

Mr Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 07:17 PM
Flyerss

vCash: 50
Appleyard you're Doing a great job, thank you.

Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerss View Post
Appleyard you're Doing a great job, thank you.
Cheers! MODO have always been my favourite Swedish team since I knew about the Swedish league, so even if he was not there I would be catching a few of their games! But it does add something else to watching them as well.

I think I remember reading when Naslund and Forsberg were arguably the best two forwards in the NHL that both were born in the same hospital 10 days apart, went to the same school, their families were friends, and they worked at the same place as teenagers! And that Örnsköldsvik is this tiny town (29k) that produce so many amazing hockey players.

That fascinated me so from then on when I looked at Swedens league I watched out for them, and since about 2008 watched about 5-7 of their games on tv (well, internet!)