HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumour update

Old
11-30-2006, 01:05 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

vCash: 500
Douggie Weight anyone? Did he sign a one year contract with St. Louis or two?

Edit: He signed a two year deal which makes it a less desirable move.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
how many years of service does Comrie have? Isn't that part of the new CBA? Rangerboy knows better than me and if he says Group III, he's usually correct, so I'm guessing that's the case.
for 2007, it's 28 years old with 4 seasons, or 8 seasons

Comrie by my count will only have 7 seasons

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 01:20 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post

How many of those years has he been injured?

F Comrie

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
If you ask me, we should have made a move for Jason Arnott.

I know his consistency was a bit questionable, but this is a guy who'd give us that physical 2nd line center who could work on the power play, who isn't exactly a slouch defensively, unlike some other players on this team.

Just imagine him with Shanny and Pruchs...
Little off topic but - HAPPY BIRFDAY !

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 07:53 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Little off topic but - HAPPY BIRFDAY !
Hey thanks man, I appreciate it.

Sergei Fedorov anyone?

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 08:01 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
offensively and consitency-wise, Arnott may not be that better than Cullen. On the PP, Hall should be able to do just as well as Arnott. Hall did have 10 PP goals last season and should be a natural; Renney chooses to mostly ride one PP, and one style (although perhaps Tuesday's results on the PP may change that, given Hall's two goals).
I have to disagree with Hall being able to do just as well as Arnott. Arnott is a far more polished player offensively, and has a GREAT shot. Both can crash the net and cause havoc, but Arnott can get goals from his skill and his hard work on the pp. Hall will get more from his hard work.

I was there for Tuesday's results, in 409, row B. I hope things change, because we're screwed if they don't. We have a unit that can really wear down a defense as our #2 unit.

Quote:
Shadow - I hear you on Comrie. I just don't know. He's smallish like Savard, but I always thought of Savard as being more skilled, a better playmaker and shooter, and a bit more feisty. This season he's showing he can be a #1 centerman without Kovalchuk or Hossa too.

But honestly, I don't have a real answer. I guess one needs to ask if Comrie's an upgrade over Cullen, and thus would Cullen be incrementally productive on the third line and Betts the fourth. If the answer's yes, then perhaps it makes sense, but then next season you have Nylander, Comrie and Cullen; if Dubinsky turns it on, does he fit or are we playing musical centermen again?
I just do not like Comrie at all. Comrie might be an offensive upgrade over Cullen, but he's the kind of player we don't want on this team. Poor attitude, poor work ethic, and poor defensive play. We already have more than enough of that kind of player on this team.

Old
11-30-2006, 08:46 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Sergei Fedorov anyone?
Oh God forbid!

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 06:20 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Can we put the Joe Nieuwendyk rumors to bed?

Quote:
A frustrated and disappointed Joe Nieuwendyk sat out another game with back problems Thursday night, marking the fourth time this season he has been forced out of the Panthers' lineup.

Nieuwendyk, who said the problems began late in Tuesday night's 1-0 shootout loss in Montreal, described the injury as "just a little tightness" and added, "I'm trying to figure it all out."

Nieuwendyk missed five games early in the year with a hip flexor, but his past three absences have been because of his back. He missed four games from Oct. 26-Nov. 2 and two more on Nov. 11 and 13. In all, he has missed 12 of the team's 27 games.

"It's frustrating," he said. "I have to figure out a way I can feel strong and healthy every day."

Asked if he was concerned, coach Jacques Martin said, "It's a concern, but there's not much you can do. You're hoping it would be like last year, when he missed that stretch (17 games), then came back and was able to play every game.

"Our doctors are going to re-examine him (today), he'll take some time, and hopefully we'll be able to find a solution
."
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/panther...otes_1201.html

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 06:36 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post

Quote:
Unrestricted Free Agency - For the 2005-06 season, a player age 31 with four accrued seasons will be an unrestricted free agent; in 2006-07, a player age 29 with four accrued seasons or with eight accrued seasons; in 2007-08, a player age 28 with four accrued seasons or with seven accrued seasons; beginning in 2008-09 and for the duration of the agreement, a player age 27 with four accrued seasons or with seven accrued seasons will be an unrestricted free agent. For purposes of qualifying for unrestricted free agency, the 2004-05 cancelled season will be counted as a year of accrued service.
http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/cba/index.html

Tim Wharnsby of the Globe&Mail.com has a complete of every group III this summer.Wharnsy used to work for the NHLPA and still has close ties to them

Quote:
Here is a list of players who could become unrestricted free agents because they are either age 28 by June 30 or have accured seven seasons upon the completion of the 2006-2007 season.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl.../WBhockeyblog/

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 08:41 AM
Kaktus*

Arnott just signed a 5 year deal.
Preds are a playoff team. With or with out Arnott.
So why would they trade Arnott who they signed for 5 years.

I really do not understand.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 08:45 AM
J-Dawg

Quote:
Sergei Fedorov anyone?
No THANK YOU...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Can we put the Joe Nieuwendyk rumors to bed?

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/panther...otes_1201.html
THANK GOD, he's DONE...

J-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 03:14 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
Oh God forbid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dawg View Post
No THANK YOU...
Why not? We could dump off Kaspar and a bag of pucks (obvious exaggeration) for him.

He's an offensive upgrade over Cullen, he's a 2-time Selke winner, can be used in all game situations, and is a proven playoff performer.

I know he's 37, but him playing with his old friend Shanny who's absolutely tearing it up right now WITHOUT A PLAYMAKER ON HIS LINE could be very deadly. I honestly believe a change of scenery could revive him. I mean who the hell would want to play in Columbus being on a winning team for years in Detroit, and then playing for a semi-decent team in Anaheim. I know I wouldn't be too happy about it.

Edit: I know the 6 million cap hit sucks as well, but Kasparaitis and Malik going in return could easily alleviate that.

Old
12-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Jackson Ranger

THANK GOD, he's DONE... [/QUOTE]

You know, I don't know if I'd take Joe Nieuwendyk the player but I sure as hell would take him for his off ice qualities. The man is a true gentleman through and through and the world needs more people like him.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 09:20 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Why not? We could dump off Kaspar and a bag of pucks
What makes you think CBS has any desire for Kaspar, his overblown salary, and a bucket of pucks? What esle are you willing to pay?

Quote:
He's an offensive upgrade over Cullen
A modest one who is more a PP asset (where he's not neeed) than anything else.

Quote:
he's a 2-time Selke winner
A DECADE ago.

Quote:
a proven playoff performer.
It's been four years since he's seen the playoffs. How would we know what he is? What you mean is, "hopefully he's got something left in the tank."

Quote:
I honestly believe a change of scenery could revive him.
Which is what other teams have thought.

Quote:
I mean who the hell would want to play in Columbus being on a winning team for years in Detroit
Is this the attitude you want on this team? What made last year's team go was the attitude that playing well and hard was ALL that mattered.

Quote:
and then playing for a semi-decent team in Anaheim.
Which is exactly what the Rangers are right now.

Quote:
I know the 6 million cap hit sucks as well, but Kasparaitis and Malik going in return could easily alleviate that.
Assuming of course that the Jackets want either - much less both - of those two.

What else are you willing to offer for this old, past-his-prime, overpaid player?

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote