HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Met the Habs today!

Old
10-08-2013, 09:38 PM
GeoStride87

vCash: 500
Met the Habs today!

Not sure if this warrants a new thread, but thought I'd share. A buddy texted me this morning and said that he called the saddledome, and was told we could get in to see the Habs practice. It was pretty cool, we went and saw the entire practice, Marc Bergevin wasn't sitting too far behind, and we ended up getting autographs as they came off the ice and then again before they boarded their bus.

A few notables :

- I asked patches if he was playing tonight,....he looked at me funny and said, nope, not playing tonight. Then I realized the game's tomorrow LOL, asked if it was a game time decision and he said yea.

- My buddy asked Chucky for a picture, he responded 'sure, it'll be 5 bucks' and laughed it off. stayed for a few pictures.

- My friends little brother knocked on the glass and asked gallagher for a puck, he flipped one over for him which was cool.

- Price didn't get on the team bus, and started walking the same direction my wife and I were walking (towards our car), so we chatted a bit. He said it was cool coming out west since he's got family in Alberta as well. I joked we could give him a ride to wherever he was going, he laughed and said he was headed to the Bass Pro Shop on the north end of Calgary. He also said he'd start tomorrow after I asked him..

- Got my jersey signed by most of the team, eller twice I think lol. Pictures with a few of them as well.

- Chatted with the 24CH camera crew, they asked us to say our names and that we acknowledged that we were filmed, although I dont think any of it will be used lol...

All in all, good day. Now I have to cram for a mid term tomorrow LOL

GeoStride87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 09:47 PM
thegreatgasby*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoStride87 View Post
Not sure if this warrants a new thread, but thought I'd share. A buddy texted me this morning and said that he called the saddledome, and was told we could get in to see the Habs practice. It was pretty cool, we went and saw the entire practice, Marc Bergevin wasn't sitting too far behind, and we ended up getting autographs as they came off the ice and then again before they boarded their bus.

A few notables :

- I asked patches if he was playing tonight,....he looked at me funny and said, nope, not playing tonight. Then I realized the game's tomorrow LOL, asked if it was a game time decision and he said yea.

- My buddy asked Chucky for a picture, he responded 'sure, it'll be 5 bucks' and laughed it off. stayed for a few pictures.

- My friends little brother knocked on the glass and asked gallagher for a puck, he flipped one over for him which was cool.

- Price didn't get on the team bus, and started walking the same direction my wife and I were walking (towards our car), so we chatted a bit. He said it was cool coming out west since he's got family in Alberta as well. I joked we could give him a ride to wherever he was going, he laughed and said he was headed to the Bass Pro Shop on the north end of Calgary. He also said he'd start tomorrow after I asked him..

- Got my jersey signed by most of the team, eller twice I think lol. Pictures with a few of them as well.

- Chatted with the 24CH camera crew, they asked us to say our names and that we acknowledged that we were filmed, although I dont think any of it will be used lol...

\

look like you had a lot of fun! go habs go

thegreatgasby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 10:36 PM
GeoStride87

Yea man it was a blast! Going to the game tomorrow, going to be more hab fans than flames fans there as usual!

Old
10-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Moen is Gone
@MoeninGlory

Good luck for your mid-term, and thanks for sharing this story.
I hope we'll see you on 24CH

Moen is Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 10:50 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Taking my boy to see his first game tomorrow. We are in 214 but I noticed there are quite a few released behind the Flames end. Quite expensive and a little late to sell mine to buy those.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Lshap

Quote:

A few notables :

Great story! Sounds like the guys were much more relaxed in the relative peace of Calgary than in the buzzing hive of Montreal. Nice experience to have under your belt!

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 50
Cool story post pictures please!

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 11:05 PM
aingaran
HFBoards Sponsor

Nice!
Good luck on your mid-term!

aingaran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 11:40 PM
GeoStride87

Thanks!

Here are a few!

Bah, attachments not working, will try again tomorrow!

Last edited by GeoStride87: 10-08-2013 at 11:41 PM. Reason: attachments not working
Old
10-08-2013, 11:48 PM
JohnLennon

Very cool, thanks for sharing

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 11:51 PM
SB164

Quote:
Thanks!

Here are a few!

Bah, attachments not working, will try again tomorrow!
Upload them to Imgur if you can.

SB164 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 11:53 PM
HatTricK09

Lucky you

HatTricK09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 11:55 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

I hope you had a blast today, always cool to hear stories like that. Also good luck on your exam.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 11:56 PM
GeoStride87

A few...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20131008_130313.jpg‎ (160.5 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20131008-WA0026-1.jpg‎ (50.7 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg 20131008_143035.jpg‎ (97.5 KB, 90 views)

Old
10-09-2013, 12:00 AM
GeoStride87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Upload them to Imgur if you can.
will try that tomorrow!

Old
10-09-2013, 12:15 AM
CanadienShark

Really jealous! GL with the midterm. Just rocked one of my econ ones tonight.

CanadienShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 12:26 AM
Shaby23

Wow it looks like it was very fun.

I'm jealous and happy for you

Shaby23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 12:39 AM
dkdanielkli
GO HABS GO

Send a message via Skype™ to dkdanielkli
Im jelly.

dkdanielkli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 01:53 AM
Dont Poke Subban
25th is coming.

Quote:

A few notables :

You lucky *******. I read from Dave Stubbs' twitter that the practice wasn't open to public. So I went to work instead. Had I known, I would've called in sick.. Lol.

Dont Poke Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 04:21 AM
GeoStride87

Old
10-09-2013, 04:26 AM
GeoStride87

Old
10-09-2013, 04:50 AM
Vi Nc E x13x

Thats awesome! I did that couple years ago my favorite picture was me with Hal Gill because im 5,8 lol

Vi Nc E x13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 08:03 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

I remember several years ago the Habs had a practice here at the Ice Pavillion in Thornhill On. as part of a road trip. I was asked to help out with "security" for the practice.

after the practice a woman comes charging into the dressing room with a table lamp in each hand wanting them autographed by the team. There are some weird people out there I don't know how some of these athletes have the patience.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
I remember several years ago the Habs had a practice here at the Ice Pavillion in Thornhill On. as part of a road trip. I was asked to help out with "security" for the practice.

after the practice a woman comes charging into the dressing room with a table lamp in each hand wanting them autographed by the team. There are some weird people out there I don't know how some of these athletes have the patience.
I can think of a few million reasons

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Jigger77

How does Calgary get a Bass Pro Shops and Montreal doesn't.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote