HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Kostitsyn scores twice in 1 shootout

Old
11-30-2006, 06:29 AM
JMMR

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Kostitsyn scores twice in 1 shootout

Last night Kostitsyn was the 1st and the 6th shooter does the AHL have different shootout rules?

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/offici...ame_id=1002498

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 06:34 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Yes, coaches pick 5 players to take the shootout. They go through those 5 players and if its still tied, its goes to sudden death using the same 5 players in the order they shot previously until a winner is decided. Either that or Kostitsyns shot is so good it counts twice

But last night, Kost scored on his first attempt and the shootout was tied 1-1 after all five players from each team had shot, Kost scored again in sudden death and Danis clinched the win with a save.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 08:43 AM
Kostitsyn404*

Is anybody else extremely happy to see that Kosty single handedly won a shootout?

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 08:47 AM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Yes, coaches pick 5 players to take the shootout. They go through those 5 players and if its still tied, its goes to sudden death using the same 5 players in the order they shot previously until a winner is decided. Either that or Kostitsyns shot is so good it counts twice

But last night, Kost scored on his first attempt and the shootout was tied 1-1 after all five players from each team had shot, Kost scored again in sudden death and Danis clinched the win with a save.
Nope it's not the same order... Mcgrath shot 3rd and 6th. I think Coach just pick 5 players if it's tie he picks another 5 player whoever he wants.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 09:18 AM
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Why is Kosts not on the big club

We need to dump Murray or Downey on waivers.

Tatay Farlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 11:06 AM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatay Farlo View Post

Because, Carbo use his last stay to light a fire in the young guy. It's actually working...

A couple of solid game and he will be a Habs for Christmas and likely for a while.

CoupeStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatay Farlo View Post

Kosty is going to get a few starts at best this year, since he wasnt given a roster spot after training camp. Its probably better this way he can develop some chemestry and english language skills with Grabovsky.

Its great to see Kosty jr playin a huge role for the knights too this season hes been one of there best.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Joe Cole

If Latendresse could be sent to the AHL, Kost would be in the NHL.

There was little difference between their level of play in th few games that Kost played in the big league. Kost is in the AHL, because the rules permit it. Simple.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 03:21 PM
zecchi

Am I the only one shocked to realize that Kip Miller is still playing?

zecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 03:57 PM
La Grosse Tendresse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
If Latendresse could be sent to the AHL, Kost would be in the NHL.

There was little difference between their level of play in th few games that Kost played in the big league. Kost is in the AHL, because the rules permit it. Simple.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You've just made my day! You realize that Kost was sent back to the minors after being called up because of his attitude, something that Carbo praises about Latendresse?

La Grosse Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEB View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You've just made my day! You realize that Kost was sent back to the minors after being called up because of his attitude, something that Carbo praises about Latendresse?
Joe Cole was refering to the begining of the season, when Kost and Lats were fighting for the remaining spot on the lineup. And he is spot on in his analysis: The big reason why Lats started the season in the NHL is because he couldn't be sent in the AHL, and the management didn't want to let him play in junior another year.

It's not an attack on Latendresse, he's doing fine. But Kost has more experience and would have been the natural callup if it ain't been for the AHL age rule.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 06:13 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post

It's not an attack on Latendresse, he's doing fine. But Kost has more experience and would have been the natural callup if it ain't been for the AHL age rule.
Lats is a better player thought...

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 06:38 PM
piffsaku

Kostsitsyn 10 Games 5 G 6 A in Nov and he had a 6 game point streak + last game 2 Shootout goals, not bad.

piffsaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 06:46 PM
turnbuckle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Joe Cole was refering to the begining of the season, when Kost and Lats were fighting for the remaining spot on the lineup. And he is spot on in his analysis: The big reason why Lats started the season in the NHL is because he couldn't be sent in the AHL, and the management didn't want to let him play in junior another year.

Latendresse had a better preseason than Kostitsyn...have you and your 'spot on' pal forgotten that already?

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 06:51 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle View Post
Latendresse had a better preseason than Kostitsyn...have you and your 'spot on' pal forgotten that already?
Actually there preseasons were very simalar, the choice was made so they both could play pro hockey this year.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 06:52 PM
Bryzga lol*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Lats is a better player thought...
It's that simple eh?

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 08:56 PM
pc_md

Why do you guys always have to talk about Latendresse when the subject is on

KOSTITYSN...?

Kostitsyn has really been playing great lately, but he can thank Grabovski who's feeding him so well lately.

pc_md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 06:43 AM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
Actually there preseasons were very simalar, the choice was made so they both could play pro hockey this year.

yes

We needed a big power forward not kostitsyn atthe beginning ofthe year. Gainey was going after shanahan and arnott but had to settle for samsonov. Thats why lats is here in the first place. and yes they had similar preseasons and yes lats can not play in the AHL this season. These are reasons but the #1 reason he is in the NHL is cause he good enough now and will be better come playoff time when were really going to need him at his best. I like his progression this season. If higgins was on that line instead of ryder Lats would have a lot more points. And if he would have started the season on the first line he would have more points.

Lets see how he is doing in the playoffs then we will know if it was the right decision.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 07:07 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
yes

We needed a big power forward not kostitsyn atthe beginning ofthe year. Gainey was going after shanahan and arnott but had to settle for samsonov. Thats why lats is here in the first place. and yes they had similar preseasons and yes lats can not play in the AHL this season. These are reasons but the #1 reason he is in the NHL is cause he good enough now and will be better come playoff time when were really going to need him at his best. I like his progression this season. If higgins was on that line instead of ryder Lats would have a lot more points. And if he would have started the season on the first line he would have more points.

Lets see how he is doing in the playoffs then we will know if it was the right decision.
I agree with most of your post, for example most of the Lats talk, although I'm not sure the forthcoming playoffs would be a great indication of his improvement as the game speeds up then. Hopefully he will have adjusted enough to be able to still play his game, but even if not, Ryder and Higgins didn't set the team on fire in their first playoffs. I think having him with the team was the right call, but I'm not expecting him to be a force in the playoffs (hopefully he will be, but its a lot to ask of a rookie).

But the thing that really caught my eye was the Gainey "had to settle for Samsonov" comment. I've seen a few people making that remark since Sammy joined the team. I won't deny that Gainey would have liked Arnott or Shanahan, but to say he settled for Sammy is wrong. Gainey got in touch with Samsonovs agent a few hours after free agency opened (12 hours after IIRC). It's not like he signed him as a last resort, he was of interest right from the start. Gainey may have prefered those guys over Sammy as well, but I've not heard it from Bob Gainey himself so I'm not going to assume thats the case. Even Bob doesn't expect Sammy to be fully intergrated into the team until around January (if I remember that comment correctly) so while his aquisition may not appear to have been a great benefit to this team yet, the 'settled' comment, as well as some of the usual negative talk about him seems a little off. Being negative about his current or recent play I can understand, but negativity towards the aquisition of him as a move forward for the team seems a little unjust. This point last season, we'd been robbed in the Garon trade. Lets just wait and see how this signing turns out.

Anyways, now that little rant is out of the way (and not specifically aimed at Toro), I found a comment online earlier on in an article that suggests that Kostitsyn actually shot the puck on one of his shootout attempts. Nice to see him going with his strength instead of relying on his moves which had not quite worked so far this season (although he'll get them sorted soon enough I expect). He had gone close but the goalies always seemed to make a big save on him. Shame we didn't get to see the goals, but I'm not sure if it would have been as impressive a sight as when he almost flattened the ref after a shootout goal last year without trying

Hopefully the Kostitsyn-Grabovski-Milroy line puts on a show tonight. It's been a long week and I could do with a nice way to end it.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 11:33 AM
J-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecchi View Post
Am I the only one shocked to realize that Kip Miller is still playing?
No, I am shocked he is not on the NY Ranger's roster, playing alongside Jagr.

J-D is offline   Reply With Quote