HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moulson for J.T. Miller

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-09-2013, 03:33 AM
  #26
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,897
vCash: 500
Take the established player every time. Moulson is a 1st line LW that has good size and hands around the net. Isn't he what most of us are clamoring for? Miller safely projects to be a 2nd-3rd line tweener, but he's not there yet. We're the New York Rangers, we're almost always in a win now mode, this year is no different.

If you ask me, the Rangers run away laughing in this exchange. PA Parenteau is doing pretty ok for himself in Colorado. Moulson would still succeed even without Tavares as his center. Unless the Islanders are afraid to lose him next summer, why would the Islanders trade him?

Edit: with Richards presumably being bought out, the Rangers would have plenty of cap space to re-sign Moulson.

I Eat Crow is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 03:46 AM
  #27
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 6,363
vCash: 500
If we want Moulson might as well just wait until FA and make a play then. Can't see him being the difference maker this season and we don't give up a useful asset

mike14 is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 03:55 AM
  #28
PIM
Registered User
 
PIM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Take the established player every time. Moulson is a 1st line LW that has good size and hands around the net. Isn't he what most of us are clamoring for? Miller safely projects to be a 2nd-3rd line tweener, but he's not there yet. We're the New York Rangers, we're almost always in a win now mode, this year is no different.

If you ask me, the Rangers run away laughing in this exchange. PA Parenteau is doing pretty ok for himself in Colorado. Moulson would still succeed even without Tavares as his center. Unless the Islanders are afraid to lose him next summer, why would the Islanders trade him?

Edit: with Richards presumably being bought out, the Rangers would have plenty of cap space to re-sign Moulson.
Just remember what the established players have brought us over the years. Richards. Gomez. Lindros. Bure. I could keep going but my heart hurts. Time to stick with our home grown guys. If we've learned anything from the Rangers, the home grown guys are money, and the "established" old guys are cancerous.

PIM is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 04:01 AM
  #29
GFiP*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,187
vCash: 500
Ha ha

No.

GFiP* is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 05:11 AM
  #30
Fanned On It
Registered User
 
Fanned On It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
This might be one of the worst trade proposals i've read on here.

Miller could be similar to Kessler. Moulson is a product of Tavares.
Haha that's a joke. I doubt Miller will amount to anything more than a solid third line player. Let's be real. This is a Ranger prospect we're talking about here...

Anyway... I would do this trade if, you know, Matt Moulson's contract wasn't expiring at the end of the year... It would be asinine to trade one of your more *hopeful* prospects for a dude that's only going to help you for a year and then go wherever the money's at.

Fanned On It is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 05:36 AM
  #31
PIM
Registered User
 
PIM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanned On It View Post
Haha that's a joke. I doubt Miller will amount to anything more than a solid third line player. Let's be real. This is a Ranger prospect we're talking about here...

Anyway... I would do this trade if, you know, Matt Moulson's contract wasn't expiring at the end of the year... It would be asinine to trade one of your more *hopeful* prospects for a dude that's only going to help you for a year and then go wherever the money's at.
Miller is Ryan Callahan, center version, and with bigger balls. He'll be a 20-30 goal/70 point, penalty killing, physical center easily.

PIM is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 06:12 AM
  #32
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 18,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemarkmessier View Post
My Islander friend and I had a difference in opinion on this trade. So we decided to ask the boards? Moulson for Miller straight up as Ranger fans do you do it? Moulson contract is up at seasons end.
no more soft players please.

thank you!

pld459666 is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 06:50 AM
  #33
NewLife
what if doobie?
 
NewLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: the alps
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,636
vCash: 50
Ah I knew something was wrong, we don't have a big fat mess up the Rangers proposal thread. Btw I would rather hold onto Miller.

NewLife is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 06:53 AM
  #34
NewLife
what if doobie?
 
NewLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: the alps
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,636
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIM View Post
Miller is Ryan Callahan, center version, and with bigger balls. He'll be a 20-30 goal/70 point, penalty killing, physical center easily.
If we are lucky he reaches his potential as should be something like this but I seriously doubt he ever will play with bigger balls than Callahan.

NewLife is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 06:57 AM
  #35
PIM
Registered User
 
PIM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeit View Post
If we are lucky he reaches his potential as should be something like this but I seriously doubt he ever will play with bigger balls than Callahan.
Well we all know his balls are bigger, watch his interviews. I seriously doubt that JT Miller gives a damn about anyone but JT Miller. And that's a good thing. That kid is confident, he's not humble and soft at any point. Ever. JT does not F around. Maybe that'll change as he gets older, but I really hope not. I could see him being more belligerent than Roy when he gets to the promised land and I wouldn't mind one bit.

PIM is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 06:58 AM
  #36
PIM
Registered User
 
PIM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 173
vCash: 500


"I'm annoyed and bored and I have stuff to do. Go away."

PIM is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 07:52 AM
  #37
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 26,843
vCash: 50
Awards:
Take trade proposals to the trade board.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.