HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 2: Columbus at New York Islanders | 10/5 7PM EDT

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-06-2013, 05:25 PM
  #426
bester vaive
Fear the Titan!
 
bester vaive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post

Anyway, who cares, nice come-back by the Jackets. Now let's win a few in regulation.
Given that we are basically the same team as last year, we'll be watching a lot of OT and more than our fair share of shootouts. As that old, wise hockey sage Mike Priest once said, and I paraphrase, "Ken Hitchcock hockey is Blue Jacket hockey."

bester vaive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 06:14 PM
  #427
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bester vaive View Post
Given that we are basically the same team as last year, we'll be watching a lot of OT and more than our fair share of shootouts. As that old, wise hockey sage Mike Priest once said, and I paraphrase, "Ken Hitchcock hockey is Blue Jacket hockey."
Blue Jackets Hockey... More Puck for Your Buck!

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 08:49 PM
  #428
LetsGOJackets!!
Registered User
 
LetsGOJackets!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 2,549
vCash: 500
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Blue Jackets Hockey... More Puck for Your Buck!
+1 for our actual tag line

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 10:03 PM
  #429
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,306
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Same team but with Gaborik from the start. That should cut into extra hockey.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 09:12 AM
  #430
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Are you really an expert on everything like you come off, or do you have just way to much wiki time?
Only Andy Sutton knows the answer for sure.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 09:30 AM
  #431
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Are you really an expert on everything like you come off, or do you have just way to much wiki time?
Word is Don Cherry was working on a Mayor Bee impersonation but he kept putting himself to sleep.

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 09:51 AM
  #432
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Word is Don Cherry was working on a Mayor Bee impersonation but he kept putting himself to sleep.
Eh, I put my wife to sleep on a regular basis.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 01:01 AM
  #433
Sore Loser
HF Partner
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Eh, I put my wife to sleep on a regular basis.
I know the feeling. What kind of hammer do you use?

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 06:42 AM
  #434
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Eh, I put my wife to sleep on a regular basis.
Propofol?

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 07:31 AM
  #435
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 14,513
vCash: 500
waiting til thursday sucks!

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 10:22 PM
  #436
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
waiting til thursday sucks!
Amen to that!

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 10:24 PM
  #437
Socks
HeadFake
 
Socks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Propofol?
So what you're saying is Bee is Dr. Whatshisface and he's married to the late King of Pop? That's kind of weird.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 11:18 PM
  #438
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,340
vCash: 500
And these same NY Islanders just destroyed Phoenix 6-1 tonight.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 11:58 PM
  #439
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks View Post
So what you're saying is Bee is Dr. Whatshisface and he's married to the late King of Pop? That's kind of weird.
You're thinking of Priscilla Presley. Propofol is a device used to prevent conception.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 12:07 AM
  #440
Socks
HeadFake
 
Socks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
You're thinking of Priscilla Presley. Propofol is a device used to prevent conception.
Propofol is a short-acting, IV anesthetic. Are you thinking of depo provera?

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 12:31 AM
  #441
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks View Post
Propofol is a short-acting, IV anesthetic. Are you thinking of depo provera?
No, I was hoping to trigger something equally ridiculous in succession, like:
"No, that's a prophylactic. Propofol is a ruler of ancient Egypt."
"You're thinking of a pharaoh. Propofol is what makes a helicopter go."
"That's a propeller. Propofol is a combat formation that involves foot soldiers forming a shoulder-to-shoulder wall."
"That was a phalanx. Propofol is a country made up of over 800 islands south of China."
"No, that's the Philippines. Propofol is an intangible quality that is given to respected individuals."
"You're thinking of prestige. Propofol is the NHL team in Pittsburgh."
"That's the Penguins. Propofol is..."

You get the idea. Hell, give me a beer and an hour and I'm pretty sure I can keep going indefinitely.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 12:38 AM
  #442
Socks
HeadFake
 
Socks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
No, I was hoping to trigger something equally ridiculous in succession, like:
"No, that's a prophylactic. Propofol is a ruler of ancient Egypt."
"You're thinking of a pharaoh. Propofol is what makes a helicopter go."
"That's a propeller. Propofol is a combat formation that involves foot soldiers forming a shoulder-to-shoulder wall."
"That was a phalanx. Propofol is a country made up of over 800 islands south of China."
"No, that's the Philippines. Propofol is an intangible quality that is given to respected individuals."
"You're thinking of prestige. Propofol is the NHL team in Pittsburgh."
"That's the Penguins. Propofol is..."

You get the idea. Hell, give me a beer and an hour and I'm pretty sure I can keep going indefinitely.
Lol what can I say it's past my bedtime. Ok. Propofol is a type of watch putty that can be used to wedge batteries in place and wipe smudges off of dials.

if anyone actually knows the real name of this I'll changy my av to anything they want me to.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 12:49 AM
  #443
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks View Post
Lol what can I say it's past my bedtime. Ok. Propofol is a type of watch putty that can be used to wedge batteries in place and wipe smudges off of dials.

if anyone actually knows the real name of this I'll changy my av to anything they want me to.
Are you talking about Rodico? I think I still have a glob of that somewhere, which would be expected from someone who has a bottle of turbine oil on his desk.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 04:16 AM
  #444
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
We play hard but IMHO we miss creativity, Johansen doesnt show it yet, similar like Murray....still young. Gaborik is alone in it. Savard is better than last year, really he plays good. But IMHO it is great, we returned back after 0:2 for Isles, it is good for the future.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 05:29 AM
  #445
fox2usp
Inbred Cat
 
fox2usp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pumpkinville, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Are you talking about Rodico? I think I still have a glob of that somewhere, which would be expected from someone who has a bottle of turbine oil on his desk.
Triple nickel, Mil Spec 23699, or Mobil Jet II? LOL!

__________________
"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
fox2usp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 06:56 AM
  #446
Socks
HeadFake
 
Socks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Are you talking about Rodico? I think I still have a glob of that somewhere, which would be expected from someone who has a bottle of turbine oil on his desk.
Honestly are you an expert on everything? Lol. Ok what's my avatar going to be.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 07:18 AM
  #447
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
No, I was hoping to trigger something equally ridiculous in succession, like:
"No, that's a prophylactic. Propofol is a ruler of ancient Egypt."
"You're thinking of a pharaoh. Propofol is what makes a helicopter go."
"That's a propeller. Propofol is a combat formation that involves foot soldiers forming a shoulder-to-shoulder wall."
"That was a phalanx. Propofol is a country made up of over 800 islands south of China."
"No, that's the Philippines. Propofol is an intangible quality that is given to respected individuals."
"You're thinking of prestige. Propofol is the NHL team in Pittsburgh."
"That's the Penguins. Propofol is..."

You get the idea. Hell, give me a beer and an hour and I'm pretty sure I can keep going indefinitely.
I think you should just open up your own internet and amuse yourself, you don't need any of us. I might even pay to access it!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 07:23 AM
  #448
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks View Post
Honestly are you an expert on everything? Lol. Ok what's my avatar going to be.
You are familiar with the internet, right? And how to use search engines?

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...p&fr=yfp-t-122


Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 10-09-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 07:49 AM
  #449
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 14,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
You are familiar with the internet, right? And how to use search engines?
one step further

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=a+type+of+watch...s+off+of+dials.

and yes, hilarious that this thread is the first response...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 09:14 AM
  #450
Socks
HeadFake
 
Socks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
You are familiar with the internet, right? And how to use search engines?

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...p&fr=yfp-t-122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
one step further

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=a+type+of+watch...s+off+of+dials.

and yes, hilarious that this thread is the first response...
Yeah yeah everyone's a comedian. My excuse is that it was 7:55am and I was barely awake. Once I had some coffee I did in fact recall things from the outside world.

And just an aside, as someone in the business, we rarely actually call it rodico. It's just putty. As are our pointed screwdriver punches called 'pokers' or 'pointy things.' I'm not even joking. At one point we had a drawer labeled 'pointy things.'

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.