HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tue., Oct. 8, 2013|Panthers 1 at Flyers 2

Old
10-09-2013, 09:29 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

vCash: 500
Nice to see Mason play so well - a confident Mase is a good Mase. The rest... well, it's nice to see a goalie meltdown that isn't wearing a Flyers jersey! The Flyers were given 2 points and didn't play like they wanted to give them back. That's a step in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
I really don't have much of a problem with that reporter like everybody else seems to. His problem is that he has been too aggressive too soon....which will get him ostracized. He needed to establish himself in a bit more of a measured way before he started throwing fastballs...
This, but it's about time someone asked the questions, rather than the yes men we've seen (towards the organization, not so much the players).

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 09:30 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
I really don't have much of a problem with that reporter like everybody else seems to. His problem is that he has been too aggressive too soon....which will get him ostracized. He needed to establish himself in a bit more of a measured way before he started throwing fastballs...
I don't have a problem with what he wrote but he just comes off whiny because he got showed up by Chief.

It's just typical trait of the media here, they can dish it out but can't take it back.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 09:32 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I'll take it. It's about time we saw some luck on our side last night.

Maybe Coburn's hockey IQ isn't the best as some have argued but this was a good quote

Quote:
"Winning is a process," said Coburn. "There's no time for negativity right now."

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 09:37 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I don't have a problem with what he wrote but he just comes off whiny because he got showed up by Chief.

It's just typical trait of the media here, they can dish it out but can't take it back.
Well I think both are acting unprofessionally...Berube's comment may have been funny but again another case of somebody needing to establish himself a bit before he starts acting like Torts with the press....

Actually, Flyers management should be above the press if they want to present themselves as a class organization.

I know management wasn't happy with Richards when he was having that tweeting war with the press. It was pretty childish...

Old
10-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Cmoneyflyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Nice to see Mason play so well - a confident Mase is a good Mase. The rest... well, it's nice to see a goalie meltdown that isn't wearing a Flyers jersey! The Flyers were given 2 points and didn't play like they wanted to give them back. That's a step in the right direction.

This, but it's about time someone asked the questions, rather than the yes men we've seen (towards the organization, not so much the players).
The problem is that it was an incredibly stupid question. Will you punish him? No coach in the NHL would answer that question.

This new columnist is just showing his sour grapes for Snider making him look like a fool. And he's making himself look like an idiot.

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 09:40 AM
Hiesenberg

vCash: 491
The press of Philadelphia vs the Flyers is becoming a thing and I hate it. The media should just report the games, not bring their own issues to it. They are like Bryz attention and Richards/Carter attention and what not. They need to act like good referees and be invisible.

They are almost like children who want attention.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 09:45 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
The press of Philadelphia vs the Flyers is becoming a thing and I hate it. The media should just report the games, not bring their own issues to it. They are like Bryz attention and Richards/Carter attention and what not. They need to act like good referees and be invisible.

They are almost like children who want attention.
This is valid....

That is why I said that I think he needed to establish himself before he started trying to present himself as the late Helen Thomas trying to speak truth to power. Besides, power already knows the truth...

Old
10-09-2013, 09:47 AM
Cmoneyflyguy

I'm fine with OP ED in sports, but this guy is making himself the story, again.

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 09:48 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy View Post
I'm fine with OP ED in sports, but this guy is making himself the story, again.
Good point....people forget OP ED is part of journalism too...some are better at it than others.

Old
10-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Hiesenberg

vCash: 491
Quote:
This is valid....

That is why I said that I think he needed to establish himself before he started trying to present himself as the late Helen Thomas trying to speak truth to power. Besides, power already knows the truth...
Exactly.

Sarah Baicker joked a few days ago that the Philly media was stuck in Canada because of a computer glitch at Customs and that everybody will be happy.

It's a thing, they know they are despised by the organization and mostly readers as well.

Now I don't have an issue with Sarah, I think she's fine. But its the good ole boy group that is unbearable and inaccurate.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 09:59 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Well I think both are acting unprofessionally...Berube's comment may have been funny but again another case of somebody needing to establish himself a bit before he starts acting like Torts with the press....

Actually, Flyers management should be above the press if they want to present themselves as a class organization.

I know management wasn't happy with Richards when he was having that tweeting war with the press. It was pretty childish...
You have to remember the guy did kind of take a subliminal shot at Berube the day before when he went at Snider & it was a pretty dumb question.

Anyway at the rate this guy is going Uncle Ed will probably have him disappear soon.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 10-09-2013 at 10:10 AM.
LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 10:04 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:

To be fair, the question Berube went crazy on was a pretty dumb question. Asking how he will punish someone?

10-09-2013, 10:12 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
To be fair, the question Berube went crazy on was a pretty dumb question. Asking how he will punish someone?
So he lost his cool already with the press? Still kind of inexcusable and unprofessional so soon. He hasn't established himself with credibility as a head coach to do that just yet even if he was just showing his "human side." A bit too arrogant even if it was meant to show he is assertive and self-assured which I'm sure he is. Two wrongs don't make a right. If the question is stupid just kill it with silence..you get more style points that way. Right now the both of them are not doing well with style...

Old
10-09-2013, 10:24 AM
Kevin Danko
Web Design

vCash: 897
I think Kimmo had his worst game that Ive seen him play. He just looks awful this year in my opinion. Great on PP but even strength and actually playing defensive defense he just looks like a 7/8 defensemen.

Anyone else getting tired of the Kimmo to G, G to Kimmo, Kimmo to G, for about 45 seconds straight on power plays to by the way?

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the guy and hes a tremendous player but boy hes not looking like himself.

Kevin Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 10:28 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindank View Post
I think Kimmo had his worst game that Ive seen him play. He just looks awful this year in my opinion. Great on PP but even strength and actually playing defensive defense he just looks like a 7/8 defensemen.

Anyone else getting tired of the Kimmo to G, G to Kimmo, Kimmo to G, for about 45 seconds straight on power plays to by the way?

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the guy and hes a tremendous player but boy hes not looking like himself.
As Meltzer said..he usually gets it together. Kimmo is a warrior.

If he is injured then that is another matter.

Old
10-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
So he lost his cool already with the press? Still kind of inexcusable and unprofessional so soon. He hasn't established himself with credibility as a head coach to do that just yet even if he was just showing his "human side." A bit too arrogant even if it was meant to show he is assertive and self-assured which I'm sure he is. Two wrongs don't make a right. If the question is stupid just kill it with silence..you get more style points that way. Right now the both of them are not doing well with style...
I'm not sure it's "so soon," he's been in the organization and dealing with the media for years now. He knows what's up.

10-09-2013, 10:35 AM
OgbertTheNerd
what

Quote:

I know they use the reasoning that the PP worked last year, it will work again this year, but I think they need to make a personnel change.

Something like

Hartnell - Giroux - Lecavalier
Timonen - Streit/Voracek

Simmonds - Couturier - Schenn
Read - Streit/Voracek

I see no problem "stacking" the first unit. The point is to score.

OgbertTheNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:

They've been doing that for a long time now...I think the idea is to try and draw the PK over to G before getting the puck over to the left side for a shot. I wanna say they started doing that when Jagr was here.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 10:40 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'm not sure it's "so soon," he's been in the organization and dealing with the media for years now. He knows what's up.
As a coach and now at the tip of the spear with the media he needs to be more professional IMO. He hasn't earned his street cred to be so dismissive. Whether he knows what is up is irrelevent. I just thought he should have taken the high road. That comment on its face is funny but personally I didn't find it tactful especially so soon when you want to be more measured. It shouldn't be an us against them so soon...others may disagree but that is just my take.

Old
10-09-2013, 10:41 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgbertTheNerd View Post
I know they use the reasoning that the PP worked last year, it will work again this year, but I think they need to make a personnel change.

Something like

Hartnell - Giroux - Lecavalier
Timonen - Streit/Voracek

Simmonds - Couturier - Schenn
Read - Streit/Voracek

I see no problem "stacking" the first unit. The point is to score.
I'd say more like this:

Hartnell-Giroux-Vinny
Timonen-Voracek

Read-Schenn-Simmonds
Streit-Couturier

Seriously, Mez does not belong on the PP anymore. He has a hell of a hard shot, but he can't even get it to the net.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 10:44 AM
El Emperor

Quote:
The Personal attacks on the fan behind the bench are uncalled for.
Was this something new? I was confused last night at first what everyone was talking about when they said "creature" and then was told it was about a fan. I wondered why of all game-day posts, this was when the boards wanted to start this trend (not counting bizarro Hulk Hogan couple years ago).

Regardless, very much agreed.

El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 10:46 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
I'd be looking into swapping Kimmo and Streit on the powerplays.

Kimmo's looking his age, finally.

10-09-2013, 10:54 AM
OgbertTheNerd
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post

I'd be for this, as well. I don't want to see Kimmo getting caught at the point and then take an interference penalty anymore.

OgbertTheNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post

I've been calling for that since preseason.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 11:05 AM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
As a coach and now at the tip of the spear with the media he needs to be more professional IMO. He hasn't earned his street cred to be so dismissive. Whether he knows what is up is irrelevent. I just thought he should have taken the high road. That comment on its face is funny but personally I didn't find it tactful especially so soon when you want to be more measured. It shouldn't be an us against them so soon...others may disagree but that is just my take.
Um, what? You don't need street cred to be dismissive with stupid questions. You could be the worst coach in the world, and there would be no problem being so blunt with the clowns in the Philly media.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote