HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Game 2: Columbus at New York Islanders | 10/5 7PM EDT

Old
10-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks View Post
Yeah yeah everyone's a comedian. My excuse is that it was 7:55am and I was barely awake. Once I had some coffee I did in fact recall things from the outside world.

And just an aside, as someone in the business, we rarely actually call it rodico. It's just putty. As are our pointed screwdriver punches called 'pokers' or 'pointy things.' I'm not even joking. At one point we had a drawer labeled 'pointy things.'

Old
10-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Socks
HeadFake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
We have been known to jab each other with our pointy things as well (without any context that statement could read a whole different way). Of course they're only about two inches long and therefore not very intimidating. But dammed if it's not irritating.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox2usp View Post
Triple nickel, Mil Spec 23699, or Mobil Jet II? LOL!
Gemline CE441, with a 14" telescoping spout for precise application. I got it from my father, who years ago handed me a box of various items and said "you might need these for something". Most of those items are also on my desk, so there's a coaxial cable splitter, a thermostat for a Pontiac Sunfire (which none of us have ever owned or driven), a small bag full of screws, a travel mug promoting organ donation, and a CD copy of the Slade album "Keep Your Hands Off My Power Supply".

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 10:33 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Honestly are you an expert on everything? Lol. Ok what's my avatar going to be.
The same as it is currently.

Quote:
And just an aside, as someone in the business, we rarely actually call it rodico. It's just putty. As are our pointed screwdriver punches called 'pokers' or 'pointy things.' I'm not even joking. At one point we had a drawer labeled 'pointy things.'
With my father, his entire workshop area is (generally) clearly marked. He took an old card catalog from a closed-down library and converted it into a huge container for all kinds of small things, made easier by a label maker. So if he needs to find a 3/8" bolt, it's in a different spot than the 1/4" or the 1/2".

With my in-laws, they have that "pointy things" type of drawer. We once picked up our mail on the way to visit them, and I had an envelope that was more difficult to open than a football. So when we arrived, I asked for something to cut it open with. Her mother opened the drawer and said "which sharp thing do you want?" There were kitchen shears, pinking shears, scissors, an awl, an icepick, a seam ripper, some type of knitting or crocheting needle, a handful of bobby pins...you get the idea.

Old
10-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Socks
HeadFake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
With my father, his entire workshop area is (generally) clearly marked. He took an old card catalog from a closed-down library and converted it into a huge container for all kinds of small things, made easier by a label maker. So if he needs to find a 3/8" bolt, it's in a different spot than the 1/4" or the 1/2".
Are we related? That describes my dad to a T. He had his card catalog in the basement separating screws from bolts and they were all sorted by size. He had them all in old baby food jars. After we moved to the new house I don't know what he did with that thing. I don't think I've seen it in almost 20 years. I always attributed it to him being an engineer.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Are we related? That describes my dad to a T. He had his card catalog in the basement separating screws from bolts and they were all sorted by size. He had them all in old baby food jars. After we moved to the new house I don't know what he did with that thing. I don't think I've seen it in almost 20 years. I always attributed it to him being an engineer.
No, mine used/uses baby food jars for washers and snap rings.

Old
10-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Old margarine tubs in our workshop. We are so cool !

Derby is offline   Reply With Quote